Protecting

The You I Know

 

“Annyounghasaeyo, Nam Woohyun imnida,” the boy claimed as the teacher asked him to introduce himself.

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Sunggyu asked as they sat on the bench at the nearby park. Woohyun shrugged with a small smile on his face. “She might hate you, you know,” he added. Woohyun shrugged again, this time, his smile died.

 

“Woohyun just got back from the U.S so make sure to be friends with him,” the teacher explained to his class and Woohyun flashed a smile.

 

“She might also have some grudge on you,” Sunggyu warned him. “Maybe you’re the first guy to ever insult her that way.”

 

Woohyun caught a glimpse of the guy who he met earlier, the one whom was with EunHee.

 

Sunggyu looked to his friend.“and also, she might have a boyfriend by now.”

Woohyun looked back at him. “Then I might have to steal her away,” he said and stood up.

 

His eyes met Hoya’s and he knew by the way he looked at him; it was not a sign of welcoming a friend, but more like welcoming a rival.

 

Hoya tapped his fingers on his desk. He was annoyed, what’s more frustrated. A boy showed up from who-knows-where he comes from and EunHee went all scared just as she saw him, which lead Hoya to a confusion state. What kind of relationship he has with her and what kind of past they encounter was the main question for Hoya. He wanted to know. He wanted to know, badly.

 

When he first saw Woohyun, he thought, perhaps, that he was a new student roaming around but on how EunHee reacted is really weird and then, Myungsoo showed up, worried crossed all over his face as he saw them, without saying anything, he yanked her by his side, saying his going to take care of her. Hoya did saw the death glare Myungsoo was giving to Woohyun so it made Hoya more curious than ever.

 

He rested his face in his palms. ‘I guess I have to get the answer from Mr.Teddy,’ he sighed in frustration.

 


 

 

“What the heck Myungsoo, why are you so worried? She’ll be back by 8th period, you don’t have to go and look for her,” Minyoung said as she followed him.

Myungsoo ignored Minyoung and continued to search for EunHee. He bit his lips. ‘What if she sees him?’ he muttered alone.

“Myungsoo! I’m talking to you!” Minyoung yelled and grabbed hold of his wrist but then, he abruptly came to a stop and saw them. Minyoung followed where Myungsoo’s eyes were on. “Woohyun?” Minyoung frowned.

Myungsoo rushed by Hoya’s side and hold EunHee’s wrist, yanking her behind him. “I’ll take care of her now,” he muttered, almost sounded like a threat to Woohyun. He shot him a glare before walking off with EunHee behind him.

When he was sure they were far enough from the whole situation, he stopped and faced her, wanting to know if she’s alright. “Gwenchana?” he asked.

She glimpse up and smiled. “I’m fine.”

 

Myungsoo couldn’t shrug off the look on her face when she said she was fine. It was kind of worrying because she didn’t say anything about their encounter with Woohyun. Myungsoo took a glimpse of his friend and sighed.

 

“What should we have for dinner tonight? Mom is going out with daddy to my aunt’s house,” EunHee said as they were on their way back after school. “Jjajangmyeon would be nice,” she paused. “Or maybe I should just ask you to cook ramyeon for me,” she went on about dinner.

 

Myungsoo stood in front of her, making her to stop walking. She was startled and looked at him, confused. He stared straight into her eyes.

 

“What?” she spoke.

 

Myungsoo backed away and ruffled his hair in frustration. “Aniya. Let’s go,” he said and started to walk away.

 

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo!” someone called him from far.

 

“Oh? Isn’t that Sungyeol oppa?” EunHee narrowed her eyes, trying to see him clearly.

 

The tall friend came rushing by their side and gave Myungsoo a friendly smack on the back. “Yah! You promise me dinner remember?”

 

“and you owe me an explanation,” Minyoung appeared between them.

 

Myungsoo sighed, he glanced back to EunHee. She gestured her hand in surrender. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” she said, trying to say that she’ll be fine eating dinner all alone and secretly meant she’s fine after the whole situation they come across earlier.

 

“Mianher EunHee ah~ I’ll see you when I’m done with this kids,” he said and walked with the two of his friends.

 

Honestly, he wanted her to stop him, telling him that she needed him more than anyone else. But nothing came out from her, so Myungsoo shrug off the sad feeling and continued chatting with Sungyeol. Minyoung walked quietly behind them.

 

EunHee smiled turned wryly. “Mianhe Myungsoo ah,” she said and turned to walk the opposite way.

 

“How’s school?” Sunggyu asked as she saw her walking in. His eyes followed her.

 

“As usual,” she answered bluntly.

 

“Nothing interesting happen?”

 

“Nope.”

 

Sunggyu frowned. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine. Thank you for asking,” she replied. “I’m gonna be in my room for a while. Dinners on me,” she said and walked upstairs.

 

Sunggyu frowned. ‘Well, maybe she didn’t spot him yet,’ he shrugged and back to his couch and the television.

 


 

 

Hoya stood dumbfounded for the last few hours and it’s almost the end of his shift but there’s no sign of EunHee anywhere. He roamed around the park and tried to peek every now and then. ‘Aish EunHee. Where are you?’ he bit his lips.

 

But in the end, he gave up. His shift ended. He did walk his way to the usual spot where EunHee always appeared, greeting Mr.Teddy, but still, she’s not there. Hoya sighed in frustration and made his way to his usual practice room.

 

The next morning, Hoya tried his best not to show his eagerness. He tried looking for EunHee in the school halls. The more he sees Woohyun the more his curious about their relationship with each other. While he was walking in the hallway, finally, he spotted EunHee. He smiled. Before he could call her, someone appeared.

 

“EunHee ah~” Woohyun called her with a small smile on his face.

 

EunHee tried her best to keep her posture and smiled. “Woohyun shii?”

 

Woohyun’s expression darkened. “You used to call me oppa.”

 

She still had the smile on her face. “That was a long time ago.”

 

“There’s no problem with now.”

 

She didn’t say anything and Hoya could saw how uncomfortable she is even with her fake smiles. He rushed by her side and stood in front her protectively. “Leave her alone,” he bit.

 

“Ah. Hoya shii,” Woohyun smiled.

 

“Cut that smile out of your face.”

 

“Hoya, never-“ EunHee tried to speak but her eyes wondered around her and she could saw people whispering to each other.

 

“Do you feel threaten?” Woohyun asked sarcastically. Trying to make sure whether this guy really is his rival.

 

“What?” Hoya frowned. “Threaten? With you? You’ve got to be kidding me.” He scoffed; obviously he thought he had more specialty than the person in front of him. At least, he thinks he did.

 

Woohyun smiled again, this time, more sinister. “You know, you better stop meddling with other people’s business.”

 

Hoya wanted to beat this guy, he was going to say something but he stop as he could feel her clutching to his shirt again, this time a little tighter. He took a glimpse of her face and he was surprised that she actually looked scared again.

 

“What’s going on here?” someone beamed and Hoya looked up to saw Myungsoo standing not to far away from them, with his cold eyes staring at both him and Woohyun. Sungyeol beside him just stared in confusion.

 

“See you later EunHee ah~” Woohyun said and rested his hand on her head but she flinched and Hoya took a tight grip of his wrist and shove it away from her.

 

“Get your hands off her,” he hissed.

 

Woohyun raised both of his hand in surrender, still having a smile on his face and walked away. Hoya gritted his teeth. “That guy pisses me off,” he muttered.

 

“I’m just going –“ she mumbled something that Hoya was sure she’s saying something about her class. She walked pass Myungsoo, and he grab her arm, looking at her in concern. She smiled. “I’m fine,” slowly, she pushed his hands away and walked towards her class.

 

“Man. That was some kind of drama,” Sungyeol exclaimed.

 

Myungsoo’s expression darkened. With Woohyun around, EunHee can’t seem to do anything straight, he saw her day dreaming in class and sometimes, she didn’t even hear him calling her. But, what makes him angry is that Hoya had always been there for her. Everytime he spotted Woohyun and EunHee, Hoya was there to protect her.

 

 His eyes stared at Hoya’s and Hoya did the same.

 

“I thought you hate her,” Myungsoo started.

 

I don’t,” Hoya answered bluntly and walked away.


Author's note: and there you go, Woohyun is here~ hehe.. i hope you gus like the story so far. don't forget to leave some comments. would really love to read them. =)

coolme :hehee.. you are most welcome. well, i hope you like this chapter =) i know right! i can't wait to write that either.

hellopanda23: Yeah, i think i need to write that chapter and i'm glad you enjoy it. 

 

Thanks for reading <3