the first

The You I Know

 

It has been three weeks since Hoya wore that costume. Sometimes he had trouble walking with the big suit, sometimes he had trouble standing up after getting pushed by the naughty boys and sometimes a person would lend him a hand and help him stand.

 

“Those kids were bullying you again, aren’t they?” EunHee asked and the bear hesitated to nod. “Aish, I should have threatened them rather than giving them candy,” she pouted. “Ah, ahjusshi, I bought you something to eat,” she said with a bright smile while raising the paper bag to his face. “Don’t forget to eat it,” she handed him the paper bag and waved a goodbye.

 

Hoya just stood there, frozen by her sudden warm act. He still didn’t get use to the real EunHee because the one he knew were so much different and he actually dislike her. But seeing her like that makes him rethink about it.

 

He ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

“Yah Hoya, what’s wrong? Something’s bothering you?” Dongwoo asked as he switched off the music.

 

“Mianhe hyung. I was just thinking about few stuff,” Hoya said and drank the water he bought.

 

“That explains. You can’t even dance properly.”

 

He smiled. “Sorry. Let’s try it again,” Hoya said and replayed the music they were practicing. ‘Park EunHee, I’m still curious. So be glad that I’ll keep your secret for a while,’ he said and started dancing to the first beat.

 

Eun Hee tried to walk gracefully while she was holding her excitement to see Myungsoo. She wanted tell him that her parents will be arriving soon. But she needed to act all elegant. As she reached his classroom, she peered inside and saw Myungsoo laughing with his friends and one of them is Sungyeol, a senior. The one she had her eyes on.

 

“Oh? It’s EunHee,” Sungyeol said with a smile and rushed towards her. Myungsoo sighed and followed behind him. “Hi Eun Hee,” Sungyeol smiled.

 

She smiled sweetly, “Annyoung oppa, what are you doing here?”

 

“Nothing much, just hanging out with this kid,” Sungyeol started ruffling Myungsoo’s hair. Myungsoo quickly shove his hand away. “What about you? Come to see Myungsoo?”

 

She nodded. “Got something to tell him.”

 

Sungyeol leaned closer to her face. “But you couldn’t tell me?”

 

“I-um..well, just-umm“ she cleared , but Sungyeol still stood so close to her that she find it embarrassing.

 

“That’s it, move away,” Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol away from her.

 

“Oh! L is jealous?” he joked.

 

“In your dreams.”

 

Sungyeol laughed. “Well, I’ll see you later EunHee ah~” he waved and walked back to his gang of friends.

 

“He just called me EunHee ah~” she giggled.

 

“I don’t understand why you adore him so much,” Myungsoo said as he leaned against the wall beside her. “He likes you too, you know.”

 

“But he likes the mature EunHee. I don’t think he will like the real me,” She said and leaned next to him.

 

“I like you,” Myungsoo said which makes Eun Hee to smack his arms. “What?”

 

“You don’t like me as in ‘like’ me,” she said and Myungsoo said nothing. “Oh, I almost forgot. Omma, appa are coming back tomorrow.” She squealed.

 

“Really? That’s awesome. What time?”

 

“Somewhere around 9 p.m.” she said and turned to walk out but she bummed into someone. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry,” she bowed and found out it was Dongwoo and his friend.

 

“Oh, it’s EunHee,” he cheered and Hoya looked away in annoyance. “Myungsoo is here too!” he exclaimed and Myungsoo smiled to his sunbae.

 

“Oh, oppa, are you okay? Did I hit you hard?” she asked but then she heard Hoya scoffed.

 

“Stop pretending like you care,” he said all of a sudden which makes the others to turn to look at him.

 

“Dae?”

 

“Stop being so nice, it annoys me,” he blurted out which makes EunHee froze. Dongwoo nudged him. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?”

 

With one last cold look to EunHee, Hoya walked away. Dongwoo bowed. “Mianhe,” he said and rushed to follow his friend.

 

“That’s the first,” Myungsoo muttered.

 

EunHee stood there and smiled weakly. “At least he noticed,” she whispered but Myungsoo could hear clearly what she said. But all he did was stared at her because he knew deep down inside him he too wanted her to stop pretending.

 

“Yah, what is wrong with you?” Dongwoo managed to grab hold of Hoya’s arm.

 

“Mianhe. I just, got pissed off all of a sudden.”

 

“Well, you should at least apologize to her cause you know, you’re the first to do that to someone like EunHee,” Dongwoo said but Hoya looked at his hyung in disbelief.

 

“Someone like EunHee?” he scoffed. “You got to be kidding me,” he walked away from his hyung.

 

“Aish, what is wrong with that guy? He got pissed off and now he’s mad at me? What did I do?” Dongwoo said and scratched his hair in confusion.

 


“Ahjushi, today I got to know that someone hate me,” she started as she stood beside the big bear.

 

It was as usual that EunHee would turn up and talk to Mr.Teddy when she wants too but this time, Hoya wanted to run away from her, he still is pissed with what happen this morning so he didn’t feel like talking to her at all. But when she just stood there with a sad face, just a few seconds, he regretted hurting her. ‘What the heck, Hoya,’ he told himself and was about to leave her there when she continued.

 

“He said that I annoy him,” she smiled weakly. “Apart of me was actually happy because he could see right through me,” she paused as she could feel her heart throbbing. “But you know, I tried to change, I didn’t like myself either,” and then, she burst to tears.

 

Hoya panicked. ‘Oh god, childish and a cry baby,’ he said and tried to comfort her, but he just didn’t know how.

 

She looked up to him with her teary eyes, “Ahjushi, am I really that bad?”

 

Hoya looked away and smacked his forehead. ‘This girl.’ Without saying anything, he landed his fluffy paw on top of her head and patted it. ‘You’re making me feel guilty here,’ he said to himself.

 

Seeing Mr.Teddy always makes her feel better. Ever since she was a child, she used to hang out with Mr.Teddy a lot but for a while Mr.Teddy had disappear. She did come and search for him but the others freaked out when she started to be nice to them. Only this one stayed and listened to her problems. “Kumawo Ahjushii,” she said with a sob.

 

Myungsoo watched the whole situation from far. He knew she would be here, he knew she would blurt out her problems eventually but he was upset. Why didn’t she come to him instead? Why does it have to be Mr.Teddy over him? He is her bestfriend after all. “Park EunHee, you could have come to me instead, you know,” he said and walked away. 


Author's note: ah~ the tense is going to start soon. I hope you guys understand the story so far. =)

comments are love <3