Insert Clever Chapter Title of Choice Here

Head in the Clouds

Joonmyeon always worries when M and K are split. Which is quite often nowadays (Kai keeps joking he sees gray hairs). For one thing it always just feels better when the twelve of them are together. They are one after all, and that's not just an empty saying to him. And for another Joonmyeon worries incessantly about Yixing. Although his forgetful and spacey nature can be quite endearing, Joonmyeon worries that one day Yixing is going to walk straight out into traffic because he forgot to check the light. Watching M do interviews never helps because Yixing always has this pleasantly blank smile as though his mind is elsewhere. Not to mention the fact Yixing can't seem to remember that his stagename is Lay.

It's not that Joonmyeon doesn't trust Kris to take care of his own group (Kris can control his group with just a look), it's that he honestly worries Yixing spaces out far too often for his own good. And obviously Kris - despite how almighty he might seem - can't be everywhere at once. 

Though to be honest Joonmyeon thrives on taking care of people. He's like everyone's big brother, he lets them depend on him. He takes care of them and something inside himself is satisfied. Although Kyungsoo is undoubtedly the mother of them, Joonmyeon is the father. And Yixing seemed content to let Joonmyeon take care of him, although he's so pliant he would probably be content to let anyone take care of him. In Joonmyeon's mind if there was anyone who needed taking care of it was definitely Yixing.

So Joonmyeon worries.

Although, there is a small part of him that knows Yixing isn't unable to take care of himself. He has after all managed to navigate twenty-one years of life without Joonmyeon's help. Despite his habit of seemingly spacing out in the middle of a conversation he's also got a sharp wittiness about him that seems to let him see more than others do. He might forget his stagename constantly, but he's never forgotten choreography once he learns it. And he's always right on top of his cues for singing. Yixing also seems to be able to keep Luhan's hyperactivity in line, and he can draw a conversation out of the ever-quiet Minseok better than anyone else, not to mention he can soothe the unintentional waves that Kris makes by just being well Kris. Because despite his flaws Yixing understands people. He knows what makes them tick better than anyone Joonmyeon has ever met.

When Yixing is near him all his fears feel a bit silly. As though Joonmyeon has been a child scared of the dark figure in the closet only to learn it is just a winter coat. Something about the way Yixing smoothly navigates through all the different personalities of EXO is innately soothing.

But for now because Yixing is so far, Joonmyeon can only wait until the monster in the closet becomes a just a simple coat once again.

---

So, I've only just discovered my love for the couple that is SuLay.

And I feel like Suho would take care of Lay like a good older brother but only because Lay lets him.

IDEK, I just needed to write something for them.