Chapter 3

I Don't Love Him... Or Do I? [HIATUS]

Friday nights were always party nights for the students at Peking Univerisity in Beijing, a place known for having the smartest, but party-loving students. Like every other Friday night, there was loud electro music, booming across the whole campus. It was a huge party, where anyone and everyone can talk, dance, flirt, drink, etc. However, the people paused and turned their heads to the man who walked in slowly, but charismatically. The girls stared at him in awe, while the boys stared at him with jealously. Who could resist? He was a walking masterpiece. His name is Kris.

Kris just casually walked through the frozen crowd of people and sat down at his usual place; the bar. He called over Vinny, his trustworthy bartender, but instead was face-to-face with a beautiful, blonde woman instead. 

"Yes? How may I help you sir?" the beauty asked. Kris was going to drink a lot because his girlfriend had left him to go back to Korea. It's not like he missed her or anything; he didn't even love her. He wanted her for her money because she was filthy rich. However, he switched his plans of getting drunk and instead staying sober so that he could talk to this flawless woman.

"May I have a bottle of your favorite liquor and two glasses?" he asked in a flirtatious tone. He smirked when she titlted her head and looked confused.

"Is there a problem?" he asked, still amused of this situation. 

"Well sir, I'm sorry but you can't have two glasses for one person and it is the rules to give what the customer wants, not what we want," she replied in a nervous tone. It was her first time working here. She gulped and tried to look at the customer in the eye, but failed. He was just too handsome to look straight in the face. To her surprise, a soft hand pulled her chin up and she was face-to-face with him. 

"Who said that I was going to drink it? I said your favorite drink, not my favorite drink," Kris smiled his killer smile. "Drink with me after work, okay? I'll be waiting," he told her as he let her chin go and he crossed his long arms on the bar table and lowered his posture. The girl just simply stared at him in confusion, but she liked the sight of this tall, handsome boy waiting for her, which never happened in her life before. 

~~~

By 3A.M, most of the party people has gone back to their dorm, mostly drunk, and it was just the workers and a few people passed out here and there. Nana stretched and sighed of relief. Her first day of bartending was successfully over! She mentally praised herself and untied her mini apron. When she directed her eyes towards the bar, she could see that the guy was still there. "Oh yeah.. forgot about him.." she mentally said. She walked over and saw his back rising up and down. "Hello? Sir?" she asked as she tapped him on the back. "Great... he's sleeping," she groaned. She tiptoed to the other side, where his face was showing. She was surely amazed at the sight. His golden hair was slightly brushing his face, but she could still see his closed eyes, his perfect lips, and pointy nose. Nana was aweing over him until she finally snapped out of it. "Hello?" she exclaimed in his ear, as she shook him. The guy slowly opened his eyes and looked at Nana. 

"Hey there," he replied as he slowly got up and stretched. "Remember what I said before? Now shall we?" he distributed the two cups; one for him and one for Nana. Nana slowly sat down next to him and grabbed the glass. She watched him as he skillfully opened the liquor bottle without an opener and poured the liquor gently in her glass. He did the same to his glass. He raised his glass to her and smiled before gulping down the strong liquor like it was water. In comparison, Nana drank the bittersweet liquor slowly and slightly shivered as she could feel the liquor going down and spreading into her body. 

"What's your name?" Kris asked, after they had a few silent drinks.

"Jinah, but just call me Nana," she replied. Nana doesn't have a high intake tolerance, so she was already getting tipsy. If she was sober, she wouldn't dare to tell a stranger her real name. 

"Nana. What a pretty name," he smiled.

"What's yours?" she asked him, while putting on a big, goofy smile. At this point, she was drunk.

"Wufan, but just call me Kris. You don't seem from around here," he told the smiling girl.

"Nah, I'm from Korea. You know, the country with Samsung and..." Nana drifted off as her head fell on the table. Kris chuckled at this sight and looked at the drunk girl as she slurred some type of alien language. His smile got wider and at last, he laughed. "How cute," he thought. He got up from his seat, put Nana on his back, and went out of the club to find a taxi. Luckily, a taxi arrived just as he got out and he opened the door with one hand. Kris didn't live in the dorms, so he couldn't go into the building with the dorms, so instead, he told the taxi driver to go to his house.

Kris plopped the sleeping girl onto his bed and pulled the covers up to her neck. He observed her features; her beautifully closed eyelids, her full lips with a tint of rose, her sculpted cheekbones, and perfect nose. Out of her features, her lips were so intriguing right now. It put him under some kind of spell. Without him knowing it, he was literally a centimeter away from her face. As soon as their lips touched, Nana slightly moved, causing Kris to jump back. Nana seemed to be muttering something, but Kris couldn't hear her clearly. 

"What?" he asked her, as he put his ear near her. 

"U-ummarnh, I-I'm sso hhott," she slurred under her breath. "She thinks I'm her mom, great," Kris mentally said. Just then, Nana's eyes slowly opened and she turned her head to Kris and giggled. 

"Uh? You're not my mommy, you're too manly to be my mommy!" she giggled as she pointed a dizzy finger towards him. "Anyways, help me take off this stupid jacket! It's too hot!" she whined as she pulled on her zipper. Kris hesitantly pulled her zipper down and pulled it off for her. "Ahh, that's better," she exclaimed and tucked herself back into his bed. Kris just looked at her and just shook his head. He went downstairs to the living room and slept on the sofa. "What is with that girl? Whatever it is... I like it," he smiled to himself, before drifting off to sleep.