Personal/ Non-personal

Square Affaire

 

They both looked at each other for the first time surprised since he came into view … (fade in/out) Sajjanim and his assistant where looking at the both of them standing star struck…

 

- Sajjanim: (perplex) Do you know each other?

 

Both Jaelyn and Jepp drifted their eyes to Sajjanim…

 

- Jaelyn: No, we just met (she bowed) bangawoyo!

- Sajjanim: ok! So let’s read the contract…

- Jaelyn: but how can we just be set as a duo without singing together to see if we match..??

 

The three men looked up at her still standing were she was from the beginning, while they were around the office table…

 

-Sajjanim: our management team already took care of that, you have 89% compatibility. Moreover, you should trust in my judgment. Jepp here was a trainee at YG so you should just be at peace and make good music together… (He laughs) anyway, I never invest money on lost cases!! Now come sit and see if you object a clause, anyway the contract can be retracted in the next 2 weeks… (he smiled reassuringly)

 

After one long hour discussing the contract terms, redefining them and a contract signing session, Jaelyn was finally part of trainee group “JOICE” pronounced as “JoyC”…

 

-Sajjanim: now you have to meet for a photo shoot and some introduction video recording for the media launch, your assigned manager will take care of this and keep you informed… welcome to the company kids!!

 

After they went out of the office, Jaelyn was feeling light headed and even though she didn’t have a strong opinion on whether to like or dislike her arrogant duo partner, who was now standing next to her in the elevator, she decided to make an effort and try to know him… as her mother always told her, the first impression isn’t always correct.

 

When they arrived at ground Zero and the doors opened…

 

-Jaelyn: (smiling and extending her hand for a handshake) well, we’re now partners… let’s make good music!

 

Jepp just ignored her and walked away, leaving her dumbfounded…

 

-Jaelyn: (talking to herself) serves you right for being nice, aish!! MOLLAAA~ … How can I survive with this kind of person … hope he’s good at singing at least or I’m going to commit a crime!!

 

*@Teddy’s …*

 

Jepp got back home confused, upset, and all in all, in a bad mood.

 

- Teddy: (coming into place) you came back already? It’s a miracle!!

- Jepp: (crashing on the couch) shut up!! I’m not in the mood to handle your talking!

- Teddy: (amused) oh look who’s saying? U manned up to answer me like that… kiddo. (Throwing a shoe at him)

- Jepp: (scratching his hand) YAA~ it hurts!!!

- Teddy: (laugh) so what’s wrong? You got dumped?

- Jepp: (sitting straight) very funny! -__- … no I got match made by Sajjanim the MATCHMAKER …

- Teddy: What?!!

- Jepp: Sajjanim found me a group partner; we are official now as a trainee group called JOICE.

- Teddy: that’s super news, wasn’t it your dream? I can’t get you sometimes…

- Jepp: well yeah, but she’s a girl and she’s not a rapper…

- Teddy: SHE?

 

*@ Jaelyn’s place…*

 

- Hyorin: HE?

- Jaelyn: I know!! Me who always dreamed about dorm life and all the things I can do with my partner… it’s all screwed now.

- Hyorin: he’s an oppa?

- Jaelyn: yes

- Hyorin: Sweet, then you can date!!

- Jaelyn: PLEASE!! Don’t mention horror movies, he’s an … imagine he didn’t even want to greet, leaving me embarrassed and all… AND he’s a rapper, he can’t sing!!

 

*Back at Teddy and Jepp’s house…*

 

- Teddy: well, if she’s not your style … guess you have to focus on work only!

- Jepp: (opening a beer) I wanted to stay Underground artist… and I know her type, she’s all girly dreaming of stage performances at Inkigayo or Mnet Countdown… bla bla bla …

- Teddy: well you should have stayed in YG and join Masta Wu when he was touring Korea…

- Jepp: (drinking his beer in one shot) a7... drop this talk already! You know the entire CL thing problem and I can’t stand TOP…

- Teddy: I know, I won’t bring the CL thing up but TOP is still your older brother...

- Jepp: I have no brother… apart from you! (Smiling cutely) want to hug!

- Teddy: YAA~ this kid, seriously!!!… You should always have the last word (throwing the other shoe at him)

 

*At Jaelyn’s once again…*

 

- Hyorin: what’s your program now?

- Jaelyn: I think I have to attend repetitions and stuff … and I have to meet with Jepp often to work on our songs … Sajjanim want us to create the lyrics and all by ourselves… I’m so happy, you can’t imagine!!

- Hyorin: me is jealous, I didn’t receive a response from any agency yet!!

- Jaelyn: (hug her) I’m sure you are going to make it… your voice is amazing!! If you had auditioned for TS Ent. They would have accepted you and not me ^_^

- Hyorin: stop sweet talking me … (laugh) when you’ll turn into a big star you’ll forget all about poor Hyorin.

- Jaelyn: (laugh) nonsense!! ... You still have the starship audition in two days anyway so fighting!! We will make it together!! Now let’s go with me to the spa … I have a photo shoot in 3 days!! I need to doll myself up!!

 

She took Hyorin by her hands and took her out of the bedroom.

 

*@ BigBang’s dorm…*

 

BigBang were sitting around in their dorm, GD was sitting on the carpet buying items on the internet being the almighty fashion icon he is. TOP was lying down, on the couch behind GD, having a writer block. He couldn’t think of any song to compose.

 

- GD: (focusing on his screen) Hyung! Stop torturing yourself, inspiration won’t come to you flying like a Red bull wings.

- TOP: (scratching down) I need to compose something for the upcoming album, YG is bugging me since the success of “Big Boy” and he is going all freaky creating even my Chuck Bass public image… (Making a face)

- GD: (typing on his keyboard) well go around and find your muse, stop bearing me here!!

- TOP: (smashing GD’s head with his stack of papers) like you care, you shopping maniac!

 

His phone rang as he was standing up but GD pulled on his leg which made TOP stumble and fall in a sitting position on the couch, glaring at the younger boy…

 

- TOP: hello?

- Mother: Hello son!

- TOP: (sitting properly as if she was watching him) yes mother!

 

He was surprised to see her call him and everyone knew it, GD turned his attention from his screen thinking it was a prank until he saw the serious look on TOP’s face. His relationship with his family was bad to the point he just forgot he still got family… so them calling him like that was surprising…

 

- Mother: how are you?

- TOP: I’m fine and you?

- Mother: I’m good and your father too…

- TOP: good…

- Mother: is YongGuk with you?

- TOP: no! He is out with his friends…

- Mother: (sigh) again? Well when he comeback tell him to call me back!

- TOP: yes mother!

- His mother: good. Now bye!

 

And she cut the line. TOP stayed staring at his phone; of course all she cared about was his little brother. For a minute, he thought she cared about him but no. How he wished to tell her that he and Jepp don’t talk anymore so that she can just stop calling him… but he didn’t want their parents step in this already messed up situation, things will only get more complicated.

 

- GD: was that your mother?

- TOP: (nods) yes.

- GD: what does she want?

- TOP: what else? (Smirk) news about Jepp… which I can’t give her any since it’s like we don’t know each other now!

- GD: don’t you ask Teddy about it?

- TOP: I do! But I don’t like it... I don’t want to burden him like some girlies looking for spicy news about a boy!! And he doesn’t bother at least ask about me too…

- GD: you need to solve this problem, I mean your parents will know sooner or later and they are going to mess it up more … they were already against him debuting and they still blame you for it, and now seeing you both in this situation… nothing good is going to come up from this, believe me!

- TOP: I know but I can’t do anything now…

 

TOP stood up and went to his room; he didn’t want to continue this talk so better step out of it…