Hitting a U-Turn

Square Affaire

 

*2 years ago*

 

The cling sound of the Venezia Ice store back door was heard as waiters were rushing around taking orders from the impatient customers who were enjoying their morning for the last days of summer. Back in the kitchen a girl was struggling to hold a heavy ice cream container from the storage room to the front outlay. She went from the cold room and then turned around to close the door using her foot since her hands were busy. She struggled a bit and when she succeeded she turned around in a celebratory manner but quickly lost balance and dropped the container over the board… pushing a set of glasses and then crushed down on the floor making the customers turn around because of the surprising sounds. A co-worker came running with a broom.

 

- Waiter: seriously Jaelyn? Do you hate tableware that much?

- Jaelyn: (cringing and getting on her knees to help him) sorry!

- Waiter: the manager won’t spare you this time, it’s the 3rd you broke this month…

- Jaelyn: I know…

 

At the same time the manager came into view…

 

- Manager:  who did this?

- Jaelyn: (looking at the waiter for help then she stood up head low) Sorry… I lost balance because it was hea…

- Manager: Do I look like I care about the reason? You are a walking trouble!!

- Jaelyn: Sorry!!

 

At the same time TOP entered and even covered up some customers recognized him and started taking their phone to take pictures, he stood up in front of the coffee list… seeing the shop weirdly silent, the manager averted his attention to the source and his face lit up going to serve the idol. At that time, Jaelyn used his inattention to speed up out. She already finished her shift so she has an excuse.

 

Jaelyn was coming back from her summer job at the ice cream shop … it was so hot that day, she kept fanning herself even if it wasn’t cooling at all. Finally, she arrived at her house, dreaming of the AC but something caught her eyes when she was hurrying inside: A letter with her name on it? O.o??

 

[Reading]: annyonghaseyo ... blabla... chukkaheyo... you have been recruited as a TS Entertainment (secret, untouchable,...) trainee … blabla...

 

- Jaelyn: OMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAA!!! .. OOOMMMMMMMAAAA!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH (jumping all around, hugging her mother when she went to the kitchen)

- MinSuk: OMO!!?? What’s happening??

- Jaelyn: Omma *o*... I did it, finally! I’ve been scouted into TS Ent. I’m a trainee to be a singer.

 

Suddenly their neighbor Mrs. HyeJin came out running from her house curious and startled by what’s happening…

 

- HyeJin: what’s going on?? Are you ok?

- Jaelyn: I got in auntie!! I’m going to be a singer

- HyeJin: congratulations dear, at least you succeeded not like my Sun Ah! And it’s not like she lacks beauty or anything.

 

MinSuk and Jaelyn held a laugh.

 

- MinSuk: of course she doesn’t after all the money you spent on her esthetic surgeries… she just doesn’t have luck.

 - HyeJin: (coughs) but we don’t lose hope; I think I forgot something on fire. Congratulations Min Suk sshi. (She goes back to her house)

- MinSuk: this old curious snake!

- Jaelyn: ya ommaaa! Let her be... Now I need to tell Hyorin and quit my summer job, I’m going to say all I want to that sick boss!

 

*At YG ENT. …*

 

2ne1 recording, teddy and YG are in the studio…

 

- YG: I hear that he’s going to debut this year…

- Teddy: sooner than that, they already recruited his partner.

- YG: I thought Sajjanim didn’t want him in.

- Teddy: YG stop kidding yourself; Jepp has talent and Sajjanim saw that. It’s business and for the same reason you want him back, he wants him under his label and Jepp knows that. He’s going to sign the contract in 5days no matter the conditions…

 

*5 Days later …*

 

Jaelyn was waiting for TS ENT. to open their doors even if it’s too early, 06:30AM since she couldn’t sleep because of the excitement and fear and a mix of other emotions she decided to just get ready and wait to not miss her 1st meeting with the director. 7AM already, she started feeling sleepy. Jaelyn just decided to close her eyes for 10min then probably go get something to eat or so, since they’ll open until 8AM …

 

-Jepp: excuse me!!... Hey miss!! (He repeated when she didn’t answer him)

 

Jaelyn felt something bothering her but she didn’t wake up so he pushed her and she fell backward hitting her head  against the floor lamp behind her, plus this husky scary voice from where did she get in her dreams … she opened her eyes to meet a cute faced boy.

 

- Jepp: (annoyed) can you move from here? This is my private property!

- Jaelyn: (still sleepy) huh? What? Where? (Looking around to see where she is)

- Jepp: (spelling each word) can you move from my space… this is my parking spot!

- Jaelyn: (standing up like a rocket, frowning at the way he addressed) pardon me! I don’t see your name tag anywhere!!

- Jepp: (turning his back but speaking loud enough for her to hear) ty reporters!! Go find another hiding place, plus you must be a rookie waiting at the front of TS… most artist go from the back

- Jaelyn: huh? (She took a look at her watch... 9AM!!) !! My meeting!

- Jepp: (watching her running inside like if it was for her life) Meeting??

 

*In the director’s office...*

 

- Jaelyn: mianhe, I really came early but then I … hum... mianhe! annyonghaseyo .. Hum!

- Sajjanim: (amused) it’s nothing... you reminded me of someone ^^

- Jaelyn: annyonghaseyo, Jaelyn imnida. I’m 19 years old, Bangapseumnida ^^ my ambition is to become a legend singer! (Bowing 90 degrees)

- Sajjanim: (laughing at the scene) you kiddo, know what you want and we going to work hard for that… let me first introduce you your duo partner (he pressed a button buzzer) can you please call Jepp!

 

After 5min, the guy nicknamed Jepp came into the room...

 

- Sajjanim: YongGuk ah! Please, come in.

- Jepp: (arrogantly) you called?

- Sajjanim: yes, to present you your duo group member … Jaelyn meet YongGuk aka. Jepp!!!