Night Two

Three days, two nights [Hiatus]

The beach wasn’t crowded, only a few people were there to enjoy the not-so-warm water. Sandeul and Shinwoo looked at each other communicating through their gazes. ‘It’s empty here! What should do we do now??’ The other rolled his eyes and sighed. ‘Don’t ask me! It was your idea to come here!’ ‘At least I was able to think of an excuse to drag Jinyoung out of his apartment!’ Both of them glared at each other when suddenly a red haired boy interrupted their so-called fight. “Guys? What now?” A grin graced Shinwoo's face as he looked at the other brown haired. The latter understood, grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist while the taller one grabbed the other and started to run towards the water. A loud splash drowned the poor boy’s scream.
When the three came back to the surface they continued playing around in the water.
They stopped in their moves when they noticed a fit of high-pitched giggles coming from the water side. A group of girls had just arrived and was about to put down their stuff as well as to take off their clothes.

The girls took place on the towels and talked about random things, put sunscreen on their skin or lay down to let the sun tan their bodies. They took notice of the three boys who were occupied with a water fight.
“Hey girls, look! What do you think?”
one of them whispered loud enough for the others to hear. “That one has too long hair and his glasses look like my grandpa’s.” The other girls laughed agreeing with their friend.
“The shorter one looks cute but he’s too chubby don’t you think so, too?” “No, it’s just his face that’s chubby!” another argued. “I’m not chubby at all..” Sandeul said to himself and pouted slightly. Because he got distracted he didn’t notice Jinyoung who was about to tackle him into the water. That caught the girls’ attention.
“But the red haired has something special.”

As more and more minutes passed the boys decided to get out of the water to get dry and to eventually watch the girls play there instead. One of the said group got out of the water and walked up to the three friends who tried to act as if they weren’t watching, at least Sandeul and Shinwoo did.
The girl was lightly tanned, had black silky long hair and took place right in front of Jinyoung. “Hey there!” she waved at them – or at the red haired to be more precise – giggling shyly; she kept looking at the boy in front of her and ignored the others. The so-called didn’t react as she had imagined, he simply stared at her without showing any emotions.
“You see that he isn’t interested in you.” one of them stated. “Nobody asked for your opinion hamster face.” she snapped back. Flipping her hair in a way that couldn’t have been even more arrogant she tried her best to get Jinyoung’s attention.
The red haired came finally back to his senses. “Are you here to insult my friend or what?” The girl blinked in surprise but she used the opportunity to have a sweet talk with him even so he wasn’t interested in doing that. “Go away; we don’t want have to do anything with you!”
She scoffed and turned to return to her friends.
“Fine. Then stay forever alone!” The boys laughed as she failed miserably to walk off in an elegant way.
Jinyoung who had been distracted by the water fight started to sulk again when he remembered the sad fact that the black haired wasn’t present to experience this joy with him.
Speaking of the younger he suddenly heard his voice. Was he starting to imagine things?

Luckily, he wasn’t because the boy he had been thinking of the whole time was walking into his direction. Before he could see the red haired, he turned back and waited for another person to catch up with him. That person of course had already seen him and tried to distract his friend preventing him to look the other way.
“Aw, Channie~ Why are you walking here all alone?” the blonde slung an arm around the innocent boy and walked with him slowly away from Jinyoung. With a frustrated sigh he caught the other two’s attention. They followed his gaze and recognized the black haired boy and his fellow who kept looking back at him every five seconds.

“Shinwoo” the short male called. The other replied with a nod. Both of them stood up and ran away from their friend. “What—wait!” The red haired tried to catch them but tripped and landed with his face down the sand. “What nice friends I have.” Jinyoung said to himself feeling betrayed as he removed the sand out of his face as well as his hair. He wasn’t able to see the other two anymore and decided to watch the sun setting with a pout.

The two boys approached the employees who weren’t aware of them coming closer. Baro had the feeling that something strange was going on as he noticed an arm around his shoulders. He was about to complain about the sudden skin ship as a male with big eyes and hamster cheeks appeared in front of him.
“Hello~” the so-called grinned brightly at him. Then, he put both of his palms on his cheeks slightly. “Can I ask you something? Does my face really look chubby?” The blonde blinked a few times, he hadn’t expected something like this. “Err.. not that much, I guess..”

Meanwhile a few hundred meters away, Shinwoo was dragging the black haired back to their place. Arriving there, he pushed Gongchan down next to the red haired, earning confused glances from both. “Jinyoung, this is Gongchan. Spend some time with him, Gongchan. Bye!” he ran off again to support his other friend.
Both boys sat there in silence not knowing what to do to break the awkwardness. “Uhh.. i-it’s nice to see you again.” the red haired tried to build up a conversation even though he felt a little bit uncomfortable and unsure about what he should say. He waited for a response; however, the black haired just stared at him. Jinyoung scratched the back of his head.
As the other was about to finally say something, they heard someone calling the younger. Baro was standing in front of them; he grabbed panting the younger’s arm and pulled him away. “Let’s go back; the ship is going off soon.” Before he could react, he was dragged to somewhere again. He looked for a last time at the red haired and waved. “Goodbye Jinyoung, it was very nice to see you again!”

It was now time for dinner as the three returned from there little adventure at the beach. They took showers and changed into fresh clothes so that could go downstairs to the restaurant. Everyone was enjoying the delicious food; well except for Jinyoung who just pushed it from the one side of the dish to the other with a spoon.
“Hey, Shinwoo! Don’t forget to go to the amusement park after dinner!” the guide had come to their table to remind them once again. “That’s a good idea! Let’s go there later on!” the short male cheered after exchanged glances with the other.
“Let’s go to the Haunted House! No, to the sea lion show first! Ah no, let’s play arcades first~!” Sandeul was ready to try everything at this small amusement park. The very opposite of that of course was the red haired who didn’t intend to enjoy the time with his friends on their vacation.

Jinyoung thought it was a waste of time and just depressing because everything he was seeing reminded him of the black haired ship employee. The sea lions and dolphins reminded him of his cuteness; the darkness reminded him of his desire to hold him in his arms or to be as close to him as in the night they watched the stars together. Even the girls who tried to flirt with him and his friends reminded him of the moment with the younger after that weird girl had disappeared.
The boy sighed tiredly; if he would have known that this day would be like this, he wouldn’t have let the others convince him to go out and would have stayed in his apartment.

***

I feel like I didn't deserve so many readers ;___;
 

 

COMMENTS & SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE WELCOME~