Night One

Three days, two nights [Hiatus]

Back on the ship Jinyoung instantly ran to his room. He closed the door behind himself and threw his wet clothes onto the floor. The red haired stepped into the small bathroom and let cool water run down his body. He was absent-mindly thinking of nothing until he remembered his drenched self in front of the black haired and his colleague.
What were they thinking when they saw him like that? Jinyoung could feel how he was heating up again. He tried to distract himself but failed at the end and decided to just get ready for dinner.  

The boy walked out of his room, along the deck to the main hall where the tables were already set. Also the group of foreigners –mostly consisting of girls – entered the main hall and admired the nice decoration. They also spotted Jinyoung who was standing alone in the corner and giggled about something allegedly funny.
Finally the guide arrived in the main hall, too. He instructed them to sit down, the ones who can eat with chopsticks on the right side and the ones who can’t on the other side. When everyone was sitting some female employees (and a male) brought the different dishes to the tables.
Being surrounded by strangers he kept silent while eating until one of the girls approached him. “Excuse, me. What’s the name of this fruit?” she asked in fluent English.  A little bit overwhelmed Jinyoung tried to answer “Dis.. feuruit uh.. name ‘Rambutan’?” Fortunately the guide just passed to hear their ‘conversation’ and interfered before it became awkward. He started to talk about the fruit, its ancestry, how it got its name etc.

After dinner everyone went to the upper deck to enjoy the nice weather and the night view. Jinyoung, who stayed downstairs, walked back to his room to get some time for himself. When he stood in front of the door he searched for the key in his pockets. There was no key. He tried to recall the whole day in his mind but there was no chance where he could have lost it.
‘Okay, everything will be all right.’ he tried to calm himself down even though he didn’t succeed a bit. Slowly the red haired began to panic. He sat down, leaned his back on the ship’s rail and grabbed his hair with both hands. What should he do now? How much will the replacement costs?
Gongchan happened to pass by when Jinyoung cursed loudly to express his anger as well as his frustration about the current situation. He approached the red haired slowly and kneeled down to be on the same level with him.
“Hey, are you okay?” The so called lifted his head as he felt Gongchan’s warm hand on his arm but jumped back in surprised when he realized that it was him. He turned his head away and explained it to the black haired. “Oh, so you lost your room key?” Jinyoung nodded ashamed, worrying about the trouble he caused. “That’s not so severe, we have plenty of keys. You just need to go to the reception and ask for a new one.”
“Y-you.. really? That means no replacement costs?” Gongchan gave him an assuring smile. He pulled Jinyoung to his feet and accompanied him to the main hall. There, the boy handed him a new key and went off to his colleagues.

Finally in his room he laid around, checked his phone for any messages and called his mother assuring her that he’s doing fine. Some minutes passed and the red haired started to get bored. He decided to go out of his room and headed to the main hall again.
When he entered he saw Gongchan laying on the couch fanning himself some air, probably exhausted from working. The so called noticed Jinyoung seconds later, looked down to his exposed tummy and sat up straight immediately to pull down his shirt. They stared at each other for a while and turned both their heads away to hide their embarrassment.

“I got some drinks for us!” Baro shouted as he came from the kitchen. The blonde let himself fall down next to Gongchan and handed him the can of cold soda.
His friend stared at the can for a few seconds but then he turned head back to Jinyoung, causing his friend to follow his gaze. The so called jumped at the way Baro was looking at him even so his expression changed into a customer-friendly one.
“May I help you with something?” Snapping out of his thoughts Jinyoung shook his head while he was fidgeting with his arms. “N-no, I was just on my way to the upper deck. That’s a-all.”
Baro didn’t really believe the red haired; he had seen how he remained in his room and now he wanted to sit on the upper deck all by himself? Either he was making up something or he was just some kind of loner on vacation.
“But you know that everyone went downstairs to play games, don’t you?”
“I do. To be honest, I’m not the kind of person who likes to play these games. I prefer enjoying the silence.. sometimes.” Jinyoung smiled, excused himself and disappeared upstairs. Gongchan who was silently witnessing the conversation had noticed the boy’s shy smile and sipped on the beverage while he thought more about city people like him.

Close to midnight the red haired boy arrived at the upper deck and laid down on the deckchair. He felt the warm wind caressing his skin and closed his eyes slowly. Like this Jinyoung remained for about half an hour until he heard someone walking up the stairs. He sat up to see who it was and looked straight into a pair of puppy eyes.
“S-sorry, I thought everyone went to sleep already.” The boy was about to leave but Jinyoung stopped him, saying that it’s okay and not disturbing him in any way if Gongchan woud stay. The black haired boy let himself down beside the other and gazed at the starry sky. “Are there as many stars in the city as here on the sea?”
Jinyoung who had watched the boy all the time looked away as the other faced him. “Uuh well, not really. You can barely see any because of the lights or clouds. Why are you asking?”
“I’ve been living at the harbor since I was born; I’ve never had the chance to go to the city.” The red haired stood up and smiled “You can visit me once you get to come to the city. It’s quite late. I’m going to bed now and you should go soon, too. Good night!” After Jinyoung left the boy remained alone on the upper deck and thought more about the city and its people. “Living in the city, huh? I wonder how it would be when I..”

***

NOTE: THIS FF IS GOING TO BE SHORT!

But I'm thinking about making a sequel (:
Do you guys want it to stay short or should I start writing the plot for the sequel chapters?

 

 

COMMENTS & SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE WELCOME~