Chapter 7 "I Can't Let Go"

One And The Same (Sequel to "Heaven Is Everywhere You'll Be)

It was early in a saturday morning. You've grown to like waking up early ever since Suho arrived in the house. It was funny because he seems to already be awake everytime you come downstairs. One time, you woke up at six in the morning, to find out if he's still asleep. You walked quietly downstairs, giggling to yourself. Haha. Finally, I woke up earlier than him. But as soon as you went down, you saw Suho smiling at you, holding a cup of coffee on one hand, and his sketchpad on the other. Crap! I thought he'd still be asleep.

"Well you're up early." Suho said while taking a sip of his coffee.

You faked a chuckle. "You dont say..."

 From then on, you liked waking up early. The feeling of the chill breeze that comes in from the window feels pleasant as it covers your skin. It has always been quiet in the countryside, but there's a different quiet when it's early. It was peaceful.

You walked out of your room with a towel in hand, to take a shower. You yawned your way to the halls, about to head for the bathroom, when a bunch of boxes tripped you.

"Owww!" You screamed, massaging your now injured toe. You looked up, and see four brown boxes outside Luhan's room. You grew curious. You picked up your towel, and was about to check out the boxes, when Dian came up carrying some luggage. Suho's luggage.

"Oh hey dear, can you help me with these. Suho's room downstairs started to flood." She put the luggage down and wiped her forehead with the back of her right hand. "It must be a plumming problem. I told him to stay in Luhan's room for now, until I get it fixed."

Your eyes widened and immediately you said, "What?! No! You can't!" You stared at Dian. She was surprised. It was too early in the morning, and you realized that your screaming was a bit scary.

"I-I mean, let him stay in my room instead." You said, avoiding her eyes.

Dian placed her hands on her hips. "Ella, you really expect me to let you two sleep in the same room?"

All of a sudden your face turned red. "What?! I wasn't even thinking like that Dian." You looked down, swiping your feet across the floor. "I'll sleep in Luhan's room instead. I just...I don't like other people in that room you know?"

Dian looked at you and pouted. "Ella. When are you gonna to let Luhan go?" She placed her hand on your shoulder. She looked at you and noticed you avoiding her stare. She sighed and patted your shoulder. "Fine. Fine. But you better clean that mess of a room you have. I don't want our guest to think we live in a pig sty." 

You smiled. "Yay! Yes yes of course. I'll clean it up." 

She chuckled. Amused at your enthusiasm in cleaning. You've never been that excited to clean before. "Alright. Well, I'll leave these boxes here, and just tell Suho to move them in when you're ready."

 

 

 

It was a little over ten in the morning, and you and Suho were in your room.

"Hey, thanks again for helping me clean." You said, placing a bunch of books from the floor, on your shelves. Your room looked like a storage warehouse. Books and magazines were sitting in piles all over the room. DVDs were mixed together in boxes all over as well. It didn't really look unorganized...it just looked crowded.

When you left for college, you didn't expect to come back any time soon, and so you put most of your things inside boxes, thinking that when the time comes, when you have your own place, it'll be easier to pack, knowing that it's all ready to go. Ever since you came back, you slowly began to unbox some of it and now your room looks like a mess.

"It's the least  I can do. I mean, I'm the one who's being a bother." Suho said, while picking up your books, and placing them in height order. You initially, didn't ask for his help, but after hearing loud thuds from upstairs, he came up, and saw you struggling to pick up some of the boxes. He insisted on helping.

"You know what I just realized?" Suho said, now taking a break from all the organizing.

"What?"

"You're a packrat." He looked around your room. "I mean, look at this? How can a girl like you live in here? There's so many things."

You were offended by his comment and immediately punch him in the arm. "What do you mean 'a girl like me'? And for your information, I am not a packrat. I just don't like throwing away my stuff."

Suho chuckled. "That's basically what a packrat is." You rolled your eyes, and you two continued to clean in silence.

After an hour or so, the room started to look a bit more spacious than before. Who knew my room was actually this big? You thought to yourself, as you and Suho sat on the floor admiring your work. You were tired. You never recalled cleaning for this long before.

Suho looked at you. He noticed sweat was dripping from your temples and so he wiped it with his hands. You looked at him in surpised.

"What are you doing?" 

Suho looked down...looking a bit nervous. "You were sweating, and so I uhh..."

You glared at him, not sure what he was trying to say. A second later you got up. Suho, who was still sitting on the floor, looked up at you.

"Where you going?" He said.

You were heading out the door, and looked back at him. "I'm hungry. I was gonna go bring some sna-" BOOM. You bumped your leg in another pile of boxes, and it collapsed over you. 

Suho got up and quickly picked up the heavy boxes from your body. "Ella! You okay?! You should look at where you're going!" You couldn't move. It was like someone punched you a hundred times, all over your body. 

You slowly opened your mouth. Still paralyzed from the pain. "I-I can't move my leg." You closed your eyes shut...the pain was excruciating.

"Hold on." He picked you up and effortlessly placed you on your bed. "I'll go get some ice."

Your whole body began to relax, but your leg was still in pain. You tried to not move it anymore, in fear of making the pain worse. I'm so stupid. How could I have missed those stacks of boxes! You thought, as you layed there, not moving an inch. You were embarassed of course. But then again, why would you? You had a feeling in you that made you blush, as you replayed the moment Suho swoop you off your feet, to place you on your bed. Ahhh, I'm so weird! 

Suho came back with a pack of ice. Your eyes were closed, still enduring the pain. You opened your eyes, and saw Suho's angelic face over yours. 

"Y-yahh! What are you doing now!" You said trying look away.

He chuckled. "I was just checking if you were actually asleep, or just pretending 'cause you were embarassed."

You looked back at him. "Why would I be embarassed?! It was an accident. If you didn't call out to me, I wouldn't have bumped into those stupid boxes!"

He began to frown. "It is my fault isn't it?" He hit his head with his fist. "Damn it, I'm so stupid!"

You laughed. "Relax relax. It's no big deal." You tried to adjust your position. Moving your leg, so you could sit up. "Ahhh." You quietly shrieked, for the pain was overwhelming.

"Stop trying to sit up!" Suho pushed you down. You blushed. Stop blushing for no reason! You thought to yourself.

He moved closer to your leg, and slowly massaged your ankle. "I use to do this to my dad in the hospital." He chuckled. "He said I have healing hands."

You looked at him as he happily massaged your ankle. Your forehead began to wrinkle as you gave him a glare. 

"W-Why are you so nice to me?" You said still looking at him with the same intense glare.

Suho stopped and sat down on your floor, leaning on the bed. "What do you mean? Do you not want me to be nice to you?"

You closed you eyes and sighed. Why am I even asking him this? "Nevermind."

You were tired. You spent the whole morning organizing your room, and now, after your small accident, it hurts to even move your feet. You were about to fall asleep, when you heard Suho's faint voice calling you. 

"Ella...you asleep?" You didn't say a word. Your eyes still shut.

It was quiet for a while when suddenly you felt someone's hand caressing your face. Suho's. Your heart started to beat loudly. You didn't know what you would do if ever you opened your eyes, and so you kept them closed.

Then suddenly you felt your bed shift. He must be sitting next to me. He began to massage your ankle once again. This time slower, and in a more gentle manner.

"You should be careful next time. For some reason, I don't like you being hurt." Suho said shyly. He thought you were alseep. "You know...I was really lonely in here. Before you came, it was just Dian and I. I told myself to leave, but I realized that I had no one to come home too. My dad's dead."

"When I first saw you, that day you came back from college, I just couldn't stop smiling. I thought to myself...'so this was the girl everyone kept on talking about.' Even when you were mad at me, I just couldn't make myself not like you. When my dad died, I promised myself to treat you and Dian like family. I wanted to be nice to you to show that I'm thankful...for taking care of Luhan. I wanted to show that I appreciated all that you've done for him. But I guess...the more I'm with you, its not about that anymore." Suho sighed and paused for a while.

"You love him. I know that. Sometimes, when we're together, I can't stop but think you're only with me, to be with him. I just wish that you would stop seeing me as Luhan's brother...and just see me as me. I tried to stop thinking about it. I thought that maybe, if I just keep on acting like myself, that eventually, you'd start liking me. But it seems like whatever I can do for you, Luhan can do better..."

Suho looked down with an agonizing expression. "If I met you first. If my mom took me instead of Luhan. If I was the one who Dian adopted. Would you love me like you love him?"

Your eyes began to water, and tears began to fall down the side of your face. Suho wasn't looking and so he was unaware.

All this time you knew that Suho made you feel special. For the past couple of weeks, all he did was care for you. How could you have not seen?

"Guys! I'm back from the city! I brought ice cream!" Dian shouted from downstairs, making Suho look up. He then sat up, fixing himself, and left the room.

As soon as you were alone in the room, your eyes shot open. You didn't know what to feel. You then pressed your hand over your chest. Your heart was aching and your throat began to hurt.

Stop Ella. You can't be like this! You thought to yourself. If you admit to yourself that you like him, then all those years...all those memories with Luhan would become nothing.

Luhan promised to love me forever. I have to do the same. I have to.

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

I think I know what you guys are trying to say. Thanks for the ideas ^_^ 

I like this chapter <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic