Chapter 4

Orange Blossom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part Four

Dara's hand were badly shaking as she tried to neatly fold one of Jae's shirts, she was seating on the cold floor facing her or rather facing Jae's immense closet. She sighed in frustration and looked around the room, her sight painfully landed at a box situated near her. 

She was at brink of giving into temptation. 

And just break the promise she made to her friends. It never once occurred to her that parting with material things would be this hard. She can't even fold a shirt properly.

It's been an hour already and yet the poor box is still empty.

How can I give your things away hon. She thought out loud hugging the soft material closer to her heart.

They're just clothes honey. There's nothing more to them.


She placed the shirt on her lap and felt her hands curl into a fist. They're not just plain clothes. She thought frustration painted on her face. These are your clothes. Stubborn tears once again welled on her eyes.

"D?" Jiyong called, softly knocking on the door.

"Yes?" He heard her muffled reply.

Jiyong felt another stab on his heart. He hated watching his best friend suffer like this. 

The sweet smiles can no longer be found.

The ticklish laughter can no longer be heard.

The comic dances can no longer be seen.

Gone was her fun personality.

Gone was the sparkle in her eyes.

Gone was the Dara they knew.

And it scares the hell out of them that one day the fragile thread of her will to live would be gone as well.

How could something this tragic happen to two of the kindest people he know.

With a deep sigh he prepared himself and slowly opened the door. His resolve disappeared for a split second. There she was sitting on the floor, face buried on her knees, shoulders shaking from silently crying. 

He quickly put on a brave face and walked towards her. "D."

Dara lifted her face and faced Jiyong not even bothering to wipe her tears. "I'm sorry Ji. It's just so hard." Her voice cracked but she didn't care. She's tired of putting a brave face when she's feeling everything but.

"It's okay D. We understand." He sat opposite her and wiped her tears. "Want some help?"

"But what about the other boys? Aren't you helping them clean?" She felt her cheeks grow hot. "I'm so sorry for being a burden."

He gently held and hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "You're not a burden okay? We are your friends, it's perfectly normal for friends to help each other." 

"Thank you." She said in a low tone, still embarrassed for accepting their offer to clean her house. "But I'll try to do this alone."

He inched closer and pulled Dara for a hug. "Just call any of us if you need help." He released her and stood up. "You don't need to finish it today you know. Forget about our earlier deal. Just do half a box a day." He flashed her a grin and crossed his heart. "It'll be our little secret." 

Dara smiled and nodded. She watched him wink and left the room.

She stood up and walked over the box. With a determined face she grabbed the edge of the box and dragged it along. Stopping only after reaching one of Jae's drawer. 

She opened the top most drawer, barely looked at its content and grabbed one shirt.

She took an unnecessary breath, closed her eyes and unceremoniously dropped the shirt inside the box. 

So much for folding. She sighed and grabbed another shirt, doing the same thing over and over. 

If someone could see me now, they will think that I finally lost my mind. She thought and reached inside the drawer.

Something sharp and cold touched her skin. She frowned and forced her eyes open, curiosity getting the best of her.

She felt like the air was knocked out of her lungs. Her knees wobbled, she grabbed the edge of the drawer to support her weak knees. One hand hesitantly reached and grabbed the locket, her eyes started to water. 

"So you were here." Dara whispered holding the object tighter. The one necklace that Jae was wearing on that fated day.

"Dara will you move faster?" Dara heard Jiyong's controlled voice, a clear sign that he is close to losing his temper. She stuck her head out of the room and smiled "Just a moment Ji! I need to look perfect."

Jiyong shook his head in disbelief. "How many hours do you need? Hyung will arrive in 2 hours and yet we are still here. May I remind you that it's an hour drive to get back to Seoul?" He said emphasizing each word.

"I know. I know." Dara yelled.

He gave up and slumped on the nearest chair. "Girls." He muttered under his breath.

The phone rang, Jiyong suddenly felt nervous and sprang to answer it. He moved almost by reflex, as he did whenever he was called to answer their President's important calls. But now as he held the phone he had the sudden urge to slam it down before he could hear anyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter