Too Late

Deserted Love

 

Taeyeon woke up in cold sweat, feeling the comforting arm across her chest gone. She felt the salty water evaporating from her shirt as the heat scattered across her bare knees. The blood that once trickled down her leg was now caked on to her knee. Lifting her head, she felt the full impact of the pain in the side of her head. The dizzy spell lasted mere seconds before she saw the gash across the side of her stomach. A viscous crimson substance was slowly oozing out of it. She figured it would heal soon given that it didn’t seem like a new wound. It wasn’t too deep anyways.

She slowly stood, cautious of any other cuts she was unaware of. The effects of her fatigued body were slowly taking its toll. What she did earlier pushed her body to its limit. The short nap did help to a certain extent though.

With her headache fading a bit, Taeyeon decided to walk around with the intent of seeking answers. What she feared the most was now slowly becoming reality. The plane she was on was now nothing more than scraps of useless metal. Half of it washed up on shore, while the other half remained surrounded by water. There was no way anyone from the head section of the plane would have survived. The nose of the plane took the full impact when it crashed into the rocky part jutting out from the shore. The tail section looked partially intact as it remained afloat in the ocean.

She didn’t know whether to be relieved or devastated. All her members sat together in the tail section but the other SM groups took seats near the front. It was hard to imagine the people she grew up with, her second brothers, were all gone. The people she knew for years, where were they now? Where were the smiling faces she saw just yesterday? They couldn’t just be gone. There was no way.

The throbbing in her head returned. Dread and trepidation took over. There was just one person she needed to see right now. The fear would all disappear when she looked into this person’s eyes. She had never needed Tiffany more.

Amongst the rubble and debris, the brunette stood out as a glowing beam of hope. She dragged her feet closer, stepping to the beat of her heart. The world seemed to stop now. She only saw Tiffany. No matter how bleak everything seemed, they could fight through it, together. Because with Tiffany, she felt invincible. Everything else was just a state of impermanence. Nothing else mattered. She held her breath and with her head down, she willed her injured leg to pull herself closer to the person she needed now.

A gruff voice put a halt to her actions. She was behind the trunk of a tree with Tiffany in her view. As her eyes shifted to the source of the voice, she realized. Tiffany was in the arms of another man.

“It’s ok babe, I saved you from drowning, and I’ll save you from whatever else god decides to throw at us. We’ll make it through together. Trust me.” Siwon comforted the brunette sobbing into his chest.

And just like that, everything Taeyeon wanted to confess was already said.

Tears graced her face. The future grew even more uncertain now. For the second time that day, she ran.

Will you ever feel the way I do? How will I live with this feeling that keeps tugging at my heart? It’s been you all along. It’s always been you. I always stood from afar, admiring you in a way that made me unsure of myself. I loved you in a way no one else could. You had my heart from the start. Looking back now, it only hurts. I don’t want to hurt anymore. It’s too late. Too late for redemption, too late to salvage what’s left, and too late for me to be with you.

Our love will never amount to much. He’s tall, handsome, and so much more than what I could ever be. You guys look good together. They always say that the hardest thing to do is to watch the one you love, love someone else. I couldn’t agree more. But I won’t let that cloud my judgment. Maybe your heart never belonged to me. I was foolish. Too foolish to realize. My foolishness only led me to oblivion, blinding me from the truth. Maybe in another world we can meet again. Maybe we could even fall in love. I can’t lie to myself anymore. It’s time to give up.

______________

A/N: Thanks to all the subscribers for supporting! This is my first fic on aff so I'm still a newbie. Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter. And remember, don't be a silent reader! ^_^

HWAITAENG!