Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

You checked your watch for the umpteenth time as you dashed towards the bus-stop, hands flailing to prevent the bus from driving off. You went to the back of the bus and sat down, catching your breath as your phone beeped.

[Meet us in suite 969!! Come quickly everyone is waiting for you already BIRTHDAY GIRL. keke]

You smiled at the text before shoving it into your bag. Today is your birthday and you booked a vip karaoke suite to celebrate it with your beloved clique.

You hopped off the bus after a 20minutes ride and quickly rushed towards the karaoke room. You were late for for the celebration that should have started half an hour ago; screw that grumpy chemistry lecturer who wouldn’t let you leave until you finish a paper of questions because you came late for her lecture. You had a hard time finding your way around as the lights are really dim. You did a mental note to drop a note on making the corridors brighter in their feedback box later.

After getting lost in the maze-like outlet you finally saw your suite at the end of the corridor. Vaguely making out the 969 plate stuck onto the exquisite exterior you pushed the door opened and stepped into the completely dark suite.

“On the l—“ you are about to ask your friends to on the lights when a large cake with candles was placed in front of you and everyone started singing the happy birthday song.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!”

You are touched but puzzled at the same time because you can the people singing are all males and you are positive that you invited a bunch of girlfriends as well. You gasped as you feel tight grips grabbing onto your arms and head, preventing you from moving. You saw the candles being blew out and shrieked when the cake was smashed into your face.

“Uhm.. when did manager hyung screams like that?”

“Hahahaha he totally sounds like a high school girl!! –excessively clapping sounds-“

“Manager hyung when are your arms so thin…”

A click sound was heard and light filled up the whole suite, revealing six pairs of widened eyes looking at you; face smeared with cream and pieces of fruits and crusts staining onto your hair and tee.

“Uh oh..” a familiar deep voice broke the silence as you wiped the cream off your eyes to see the culprits. You are fuming mad because you have already told your friends NOT to smash the cake in your face because you want to look pretty when you guys take photos later on.

“DIDN’T I TOLD YOU GUYS T—“ you cut yourself off and stared in shock after you finally landed on your eyes on the six males in front of you. Your breath hitched as your brain processed what you are seeing right now. Did your friends have any connections with sment and called them over to surprise you? Or is this just an illusion? Or else, how can you favourite group be standing in front of you now? Heck, you guys are even breathing the same air now!

"WHO ARE YOU?!" the six males' shouts shook the whole suite and you jumped a little. Boy they are sure loud. "I'm ___! And why are you guys in my suite?! Is this a surprise for my birthday?! Omggggggg." Some shook their heads while the rest stared at you in confusion. After a few seconds of awkward silence one of them stood out and walked  towards you. It was D.O. "Uh miss, I think you went into the wrong suite."

“Eh.. ? Isn’t this suite 969?” you answered softly as you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned and saw a benign looking male offering you a pile of tissues while mumbling a string of sorry. “Omg it’s Su Ho!!” You suppressed your urge to scream and hug the leader who is standing less than a foot away from you, and gladly accepted the tissues as you start to wipe off whatever cream there is residing on your face.

“No. This is suite 999...” came a meek voice. It belongs none other than to the other vocalist Baek Hyun, who is now cowering behind the happy virus. He must be the one who smashed the cake at you since he dare not make any eye contact when you looked at him.

“Wait what? I am positive that this is 969!!” your voiced raised. You are absolutely confused now, what the hell was going on?!

“SORRY BOYS I AM LATE!! Wait what is going on??” the conversation was cut off as a figure ran into the suite and you recognized him immediately. It was the manager. “We thought this lady was you so we smashed the cake on her..” D.O answered calmly as the others are either still in shock or too embarrassed to open their mouths. He stopped in front of you and you think you almost went heaven. “And miss, you are really in the wrong suite. This is 999, not 969.”

I LOST MY MINDDDDDDDDD NEOREUL CHEOEUMMANNASSEULDDAE --” your phone rang and you quickly answered it, only to tear it away from your ear as you best friend screamed over the line, which is accompanied by moans and complaints in the background. “WHERE ARE YOU BIRTHDAY GIRL? ALL OF US HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR THE PAST 30 MINUTES!! AFASPFAFAFA—“

You rushed out of the suite and flashed your lit phone at the number plate. The number 969 shone brightly and you shot an “I TOLD YOU SO” look at the members. D.O walked out and gave an amused look as he tilted the 6 in the middle upwards, making it into a 9.

“What the..” you are loss for words. What the hell is going on right now; a cliché drama scenario or fanfic?! “Well that explains it!!” a tall figure came out from the suite, grinning like he is Kindaichi who just solved a murder case.

You grumbled at how you look like a wreck now and how EXO-K just had to see it and ultimately becoming the unluckiest birthday girl in the world as your eyes are glistening, tears almost spilling out. D.O seemed to hear it as his mouth moved, trying to comfort you but before he can even finish his sentence, you ran off to the washroom, leaving him stunned outside the suite as the other members pooled out and started spamming him with endless questions.

Looking into the mirror you felt like dying because you look horrible. Really horrible. You still have cream and pieces of cakes all over the crown of your head, face totally bare as your make-up went along with the cream as you wiped it off. Your brand new tee is now soiled with the cream and fruits. After a good 10 minutes of cleaning yourself up, you exited the washroom, only to see a figure waiting outside.

It was D.O.

You bowed a little and quickly scurried off, still too embarrassed by the incident that happened not long ago. You felt a grip on your wrist and you got pulled back, now face to face with your bias and you swear you almost puke rainbows all over his flawless face.

“The members and I are really sorry, please accept our apology!” he bowed, surprising you a little. You pulled him back up, laughing. “Nah it’s okay. You guys didn’t do it on purpose.” He fidgeted a little, biting his lower lips before taking off his jacket and passed it to you. “Wear this to cover the stains on your tee. We don’t have spare clothes so..“ You clutched tightly at the baseball jacket your bias just gave you; IS THIS REALITY OR IS THIS A DREAM. Pinching yourself in the forearm you hissed, THIS IS REAL. D.O looked at you weirdly but you just flashed him your million dollar smile, thanking him as you put it on. Blushing a little you hurried your steps to suite 969 when you heard D.O calling you from behind.

“Yes?”

“Happy Birthday.”

 

 

Trudging your worn-out body to your room, you plop your body onto your fluffy bed, still can’t believing that you just met EXO-K a few hours ago. You felt like slapping yourself for not asking for their autographs but sighed as you realized you are too stunned to even think straight at that point of time. You slipped your hands into the pockets of the jacket, only to fish out something from the right one. You shot up as your eyes scanned the bold words printed across the folded pair of tickets.  “EXO-K 1ST SHOWCASE VIP CATEGORY”

Making incoherent noises you pranced around your room, kissing the tickets non-stop. Flipping the tickets over, you found something scribbled on one of it and read it out loud:

“Dear ____, Sorry for the incident today. This is your birthday present! Happy Birthday! ❤ – D.O”

“This has got to be the best birthday ever.“