All About Myungsoo

When two worlds collide?!

 

“You know each other…?”

“Well, that’s kind of obvious, Rae.”

You blushed a crimson red. You really weren’t up for Kyungsoo making fun of you in front your crush who proceeded to smirk. It was a y smirk. A y smirk that still made you feel insecure because you thought it was a just a halfway smile since he really most likely wanted to laugh out loud at you.

“Aww, don’t be embarrassed. It’s okay.” This caused you to blush even more which in turn made Kyungsoo stare at you weirdly. You didn’t want him to realize that you had a crush on his friend so you just decided to ask a question.

“So… how do you two know each other?”

Kyungsoo, who seemed to be the louder of the two, answered your question.

“We’ve been best friends ever since we were born basically. Our dads went to high school together. They were best friends too. Our moms got along great as well and so they all kinda just raised us as brothers.”

Myungsoo nodded in agreement.

“At least I hope we’re still like brothers.”

You looked at Kyungsoo in confusion while Myungsoo looked at his friend, offended.

“Why wouldn’t we be like brothers anymore?!”

“Hey, I don’t know. Maybe you found some better friends in America. You’ve been there long enough.”

“Well yeah, I have been there long to find better friends… and I did do that.”

Kyungsoo looked shocked and sad almost. It was the first time you had ever seen him look that way.

Myungsoo laughed softly at him. “I found better friends but I could never find a better brother.”

This caused Kyungsoo to smile greatly and then gloatingly.

I couldn’t keep the words, “Ugh. Bromance” from escaping my lips and they both looked at me and laughed as I tried to bury myself under the counter in shame.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NEXT DAY AT LUNCH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay so, Myungsoo lived in America. How come?”

“His dad got a great business opportunity over there so their family moved. I wonder when they came back, my dad didn’t even say anything about it. I wonder if he even knows?”

Kyungsoo stared off at the cafeteria walls deep in thought but you just wanted to keep the topic on Myungsoo.

“Umm so, he must be really good at English huh?”

“Huh? Oh yeah yeah, he’s really good at it. He probably got a lot better over the years too, what with the first-hand experience and all.”

“Do you think he could like… tutor me or something? I at English, you kn-“

“Nah, he wouldn’t have the time. I can help you though.”

“Oh yeah? But I think it would be really good for me to have HIM as a teacher since he’s been in a completely English-speaking environment already and—“

“Hey, Mi Rae. Is there any reason, any reason at all, why you keep bringing Myungsoo up?”

You face froze for a millisecond since you thought he was catching on to you a little too fast for your liking.

“Uhh, no. No special reason at all. I just want to know about my best friend’s best friend you know…”

You looked down so he couldn’t see through your lame and false excuse.

“Rae…?”

Your head shot up.

“Yeah?”

“Could you possibly be jealous of Myungsoo?”

You stood up out of exasperation.

“JEALOUS?! HOW COULD I BE JEALOUS OF MYUNG—“

You stopped when you realized everyone in the cafeteria was looking at you. After smiling awkwardly and slowly sitting back down, you continued your mini-rant.

“Anyways, why would I be jealous of Myungsoo?! Because he’s known you longer than I have? Because you two seem to be closer than we are?! HECK NO. He could take you back to America with him forever for all I care.”

You thought about that for five seconds then changed your mind.

“Wait no, don’t go. Not that I care about you but uhh… you…wouldn’t survive… in… America…”

You just decided to shut up since you’d probably just end up digging your own grave.

“Pshhht. You know you love me.”

“You’re an arrogant little bugger aren’t you…”

“I’m not being arrogant, I’m just stating facts.”

You glared at him but it didn’t wipe that smile off of his face like you wanted. You continued fuming at him as he continued laughing. A scene which was certainly not new to you two great friends.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would have updated sooner but I had exams... and then I got sick. DX