You Know Each Other...?

When two worlds collide?!

 

The first day of school had been awesome! You didn’t know if you were just blinded by how cool you thought this new environment was but it had been an awesome day to you. Even better was the fact that you had Kyungsoo in Science with you since you were terrible at that and he was a genius at it… well he was a genius at everything actually. This, of course, pissed you off sometimes but you’d never let him know he was getting to you. He’d feel way too victorious if you ever did. But still, when the teacher had said to get a partner in Science, you happily (and shamefully) latched onto Kyungsoo without letting go for a clear five minutes… just in case anyone tried to steal him. Especially that Yoona girl…

Now both you and Kyungsoo were in your parents’ ramen shop helping out for the afternoon since it was very busy… for whatever mystical reason. But since he was there, the place just got busier. All the girls from nearby schools were now flocking to the restaurant in order to be served by the dashingly handsome, Do Kyungsoo. He didn’t seem to notice that they were there specifically for him though. For a genius, he was quite oblivious. Either that or he was just really good at hiding his knowledge of the fact. Knowing your best friend, you decided to go with the latter option.

You rolled your eyes and just called out to him. “Yah, Do Kyungsoo! Order up for table 2!”

He came to you and collected the tray atop which there was a steaming bowl of delicious ramyun. He then carried it to the table where a nervous looking girl sat. He subconsciously smirked at her then walked away. She looked as if she had just had the greatest shock of her life and you could’ve sworn that you began to hear her heart beat rapidly from all the way where you stood.

You enjoyed watching these fangirls so much yet you didn’t know why. You called out to Kyungsoo again. “Table 4.” You handed him the tray and then said, “Yah, don’t do anything okay? Be completely expressionless. I’m afraid that if you even do as much as twitch slightly, we might have a lawsuit on our hands.”

He laughed softly at your weirdness  and took the tray away to the squealing, bubbling and gurgling pair of girls seated at table 4. Kyungsoo did as you said and remained completely expressionless but they were still quite excited.

“Hehe, you have nice eyes…” one said as the other nodded in agreement.

“Thanks,” said Kyungsoo as he smiled and winked at them.

As he walked away, both girls sank in their chairs, enveloped in their own infatuation and fantasies.

“You did that on purpose!” You laughed.

“Maybe… maybe not. Who knows?” He sniggered.

 

As time went on and more and more fangirls came and left (many to the angry cellphone calls from parents), you just kept looking out into the seating area, and even outside, regularly.

“Yah, MiMi! Who are you looking for!?” Kyungsoo called out to you.

“I thought I was RaeRae? Choose ONE nickname please!”

“One’s too boring. I don’t like boring!”

You laughed and then said, “Fine then. Shall I now call you KyungKyung?”

Kyungsoo’s right hand engulfed his face.

“Seriously? KyungKyung!? SERIOUSLY!? Of all things in the universe, you think of KyungKyung!”

You laughed at him boisterously.

“Well fine then. Go with KyungKyung. I’m allowed to call you ANYTHING I want to from now on though. But don’t avoid the question, who are you looking for so intently?!”

You didn’t want to say who (or rather, couldn’t) so you just went with a pretty normal lie as you tried to look as nonchalant as possible.

“No one.”

Kyungsoo gave you this look that said he knew you were lying and he’d find out who you were looking for eventually.

Truth is, you were looking for this boy. A customer. He had become a regular after you had first served him. He was absolutely stunning and if you even tried to mutter that you had no attraction to him whatsoever, lightning would strike you down immediately from the heavens. The sad thing was, you didn’t even know his name… or anything about him really except that he was gorgeous. Anytime you tried to start a conversation with him, only incoherent mumbles would come out of your mouth due to his intense stare that could draw ANYONE in.

But this time you were determined. Determined not to sound like an uneducated buffoon in front of him for the first time. So you waited… and waited… and waited… until finally, wait no, sorry that wasn’t him either.

Just when you were about to give up all hope that he would come that day since it was almost closing time, in walked Mr Intense Stare. He hadn’t even spotted you at the counter yet but you were already muttering “words” which were the spawn of stupidity. When his eyes finally locked on your figure, you froze, almost as if you were industrially glued to the ground where you stood. He then walked up to you at the counter and he smiled.

“Hi, Mi Rae.”

Your heart palpitated. He said your name. YOUR name. And it sounded so sweet in his mouth. But… how DID he know your name? He had never used it before and you certainly never told him…

As if hearing your silent musing, he pointed at your chest… wait, no, not your chest, your name tag! Woo. Calm those hormones there, Mi Rae.

You laughed nervously as you placed a set of annoying stray hairs behind your ear. A somewhat common reaction for embarrassment. You then attempted to speak to the gorgeous, almost other-worldly looking being in front of you.

You sputtered and stuttered like an idiot. “H-h-hi. I-I’m Mi-Mi Rae.”

Well duh, Einstein. Your name is already known.

He laughed at your extreme awkwardness which made you even more embarrassed. You bent your head in shame and you were quite glad when Kyungsoo walked out of the kitchen to ask you for something. You could use him to show… damn it, you still didn’t get his name! Anyways you could use Kyungsoo to show him that you weren’t always such an awkward person. But just as you opened your mouth to speak, he spoke instead as his eyesight fell upon your favourite customer.

“Yah… Kim Myungsoo… what are you doing here…?”

So that was his name, Kim Myungsoo. Hehe… what a pretty name~ :3 Aish. You were reminding yourself of Kyungsoo’s fangirls.

Wait, Kyungsoo… Myungsoo… ohdeargawd, no.

“Kyungsoo-yah…” said Myungsoo in response.

You then realized that the two somehow knew each other. Despite this realization, you still asked the obvious question of…

“You know each other…?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ehehe, ello there. Hope you liked the chapter~ ^_^
Comments? :) <333