Chapter 3

Rust

 

Krystal's bare foot pitter-pattered against the cold cement floor of the hallways. Her foot was cold touching the cement floor, but the rest of herself wasn't much better off anyways. Her skirt was too short to be warm at all, her hair was disheveled from passing out with everyone else all over the room, and her legs ached from the heels which was now dangling from her fingers. Only her shoulders were slightly warming up from the jacket she stole from one of the guys. Just looking at the 4-inch heels on the boots she wore made her legs ache.

 

She pushed open the front door, greeted by a chilly morning breeze and a dimly lighted sky barely awake from the night. Krystal tip-toed in a manner; she tried to not touch the even colder cement ground while she walked down the steps. She wasn't trying to be non conspicuous because she thought she was sure that no one would be remotely around at such an ungodly hour.

 

Well, expectations weren't always made to meet reality anyways.

 

Krystal reached the bottom of the steps and while simply observing her setting did she notice her driver whom she came with. Her feet made pitter patter noises in the dead silent of the early morning as she lightly ran over to JongHyun, who was fast asleep with his own motorcycle jacket through his arms, the back of the jacket on his chest and sitting against the brick wall next to his own motorcycle.

 

As amusing as it was to watch JongHyun tilt his head by a few degrees then snap back, Krystal was definitely moved. She knew he definitely tried to leave her there that night and come back later, but she figured that he knew her as well as she knew herself. JongHyun knew she'd probably rock the party all night long. Krystal knew that JongHyun couldn't trust her to call him in the morning to catch a ride home. He must've assumed that there were plenty of alcohol at the party, which of course there was, and that Krystal would've been too ditzy by that point to take a logical course of action.

 

She smiled at JongHyun's sleeping face, “ He's so cute. ”

 

Krystal would never be able to call JongHyun cute in front of his face because he'd flip out like his mother had just been called a or something. It was 'very unmanly' according to him. She took off the jacket she took from someone at the party and placed it lightly on JongHyun too. Krystal then snuggled besides him. She didn't want to wake him up and being besides him was pretty warm anyways.

 

JongHyun had always been a light sleeper though. He furrowed his brows then opened one eye to see the crack of light in the sky at this hour. He opened the other eye and noticed the additional jacket on him. When he took the jacket off of himself, he noticed Krystal leaning on his shoulder next to him and froze, thinking she had been sleeping next to him. JongHyun held the jacket with his other hand and used the free hand to give Krystal a slight nudge.

 

Since she wasn't asleep, she sat up right away, “ Good morning.” She said and stretched with a faint smile.

 

JongHyun stood up and did the same thing. He reached his hand down to give Krystal a pull, “ How long have you been here? ”

 

I think you're the one who should answer that question.”

 

Well, you see...” JongHyun would continue to elaborate a response, but didn't get his chance to since Krystal had effectively cut him off.

 

I know, I know...” Krystal feigned an annoyed teenager tone sarcastically, “You're such a worry worm.”

 

Possibilities, you know.”

 

Just because you're a writer doesn't gives you to permission to unleash your imagination on me.”

 

What? ”

 

Nevermind...” Krystal snatched her jacket back, draped it over her thin shoulders with a pair of heels straps hanging onto her fingers as she left JongHyun walking towards his motorcycle. She put her heels in the bike's small truck and got her helmet out, sat on the bike, and caught JongHyun starring at her evily, “ What? What's with that look? ”

 

JongHyun walked over exaggeratedly with triumph, while putting his jacket on, “ You...your head was in the gutter, wasn't it? Right? ” He grabbed his helmet off of the bike handle, “ It's okay, Krystal-ssi, we all have those kinds of moments. No need to be embarrassed. ”

 

JongHyun patted her on the shoulder, to which she shrugged off his hand, “ W-what, I didn't admit to it. I plea innocent. ”

 

He buckled his helmet and started the bike engine; JongHyun turned back to check to see that Krystal was properly seated, buckled, and holding onto him tightly enough before he said, “ Plea invalid. ”

 

To which Krystal jabbed him in the abdomens while he was driving.