Chapter 2 - Her

Questionable Fluff

 

A loving couple sat on a mat, at the beach, under the romantic night sky.

 

It was possibly, the worst night to break up.

 

But that’s what the guy did.

 

The traditional break-up words were exchanged.

 

“Why?! WHY?! I can change! I really–

 

Blah. Blah. Blah…

 

–I’m sorry.”

 

The guy pried off the girl’s manicured nails from his shirt, and, very dramatically, walked away.

 

The girl began to cry, tears rolled down from her face like there was no tomorrow.

 

The guy paused for a moment to look back.

 

As per usual, he had an anguished look on his face – a look of regretful grief at the pain he’s caused the poor girl whose heart he had just broken.

 

The moment the girl looked up again, he turned his head away. He quickly walked away, not wanting to catch the expression on the girl’s face.

 

The one that was supposed to be of heartbreak – of confusion, hurt and loss.

 

Instead, the expression on the girl’s face was undeniably happy.

 

And the tears. The tears running down her face were ones of absolute bliss.

 

The girl’s name was Kim Soeun (20).

 

She liked physical pain, emotional pain and pain in general.

 

She hated only one thing – not being in pain.

 

She was also, very obviously, an extreme masochist.

 

‘Yeah.’ She happily jiggled a dance on the mat once her newest ex-boyfriend had disappeared into the carpark. ‘Eunkyung-unni was right! It’s a lot more painful if the relationship lasted longer. Ah, but seriously, having to act y for a whole 4 months was so tiring.’

 

‘Maybe I can think of something a lot faster, but still as equally satisfying over some ice-cream. Ah… the pain it gives my sensitive teeth! Sweet glory!’

 

Did I also mention that she’s the heroine of this story?

 

~*~