Chapter 1 - Him

Questionable Fluff

 

A loving couple sat on a bench, in the park, under the romantic night sky.

 

It was possibly, the worst night to break up.

 

But that’s what the guy did.

 

The traditional break-up words were exchanged.

 

“Why?! WHY?! I can change! I really can!”

 

“It’s not you, it’s me…”

 

“No! I’ll change! Don’t leave me! Please don’t leave me!”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

The guy pried off the girl’s manicured nails from his shirt, and, very dramatically, walked away.

 

As was usual, the girl began to cry. Tears rolled down from her face like there was no tomorrow.

 

The guy paused for a moment to look back.

 

He should have had an anguished look on his face – a look of regretful grief at the pain he’s caused the poor girl whose heart he had just broken.

 

Instead, there was a smile on his face. A smile of delight, as if breaking the girl’s heart had been nothing but enjoyment for him.

 

The moment the girl looked up again, he turned his head away. He quickly walked away, but he had caught the expression on the girl’s face.

 

It was one of heartbreak – of confusion, hurt and loss.

 

It only made his smile grow wider. An absolutely evil beam.

 

The guy’s name was Kim Bum (20).

 

He liked wooing girls then breaking their hearts, slasher movies with no plot and plenty of blood and torturing puppies.

 

He hated romantic movies, politics and peacemakers.

 

He was also, as you should have guessed by now, a sadist.

                         

‘Yeah.’ He punched his fist into the air once he was hidden around the corner. ‘Leeteuk-hyung was right. It’s a lot more painful for the girl if the relationship lasted longer. Ah, but that was a looooong 6 months of simpering poetry.’

 

‘Maybe I can think of something a lot faster, but still as equally satisfying over supper.’

 

Did I also mention that he’s the hero of this story?

 

~*~