Coming of Age

[drabble set] Happy Birthday

 

 

On their 20th birthday, the two planned separate parties, Kouta invited his boys for a night out of town and Kei invited her girls for a night out as well.

 

Though they planned separately, they happened to choose one place in particular; although they hadn’t noticed this since the place was crowded and the lights were dim.

 

Kouta treated the boys to whatever: beer, martini.. name it, it was free flowing and the boys were soon drunk, lest Kouta who barely sipped his whiskey. Staring across the room, he happened to notice a familiar face: it was Kei. Although he knew that the girls were there, he said not a single word to them, he just sat there silently until Hikaru noticed his girlfriend waving at him. They all decided to join the girls. Kouta let them go on ahead and excused himself saying that he’ll just pay the bill then follow them a little later.

 

The boys approached the girls, Kei tried to hide her excitement. But she noticed Kouta was not with the boys and so she looked for him.

 

“kEi.. you look so pretty.. Happy Birthday!”

 

Clearly Hikaru was drunk.

 

“kou-chan will be coming a little later, he’ll just take care of the bill or something.”

 

Daiki added as he pulls Yama-chan into a kiss. Kei nodded and allowed the couples to dance and enjoy the rest of the night.  She checked herself in the mirror as she noticed Kouta was leaving his seat. She smiled her adorable smile but soon tirned into a frown whe she noticed Kouta leaving the place instead. She felt rejected and so she quickly paid the bill and left the place as well.