Seventh Birthday

[drabble set] Happy Birthday

 

Kouta was there handing everyone their invites for a prince themed seventh birthday party. He excitedly handed one to his best friend Hikaru, one to Takaki, and another to Kei; Kouta was all smiles.

 

 “Kei.. I want you to come.. it’ll be so much fun”

 

Kouta handed her the invite but she refused, her eyes filled with tears and she walked away. Kouta was rejected and he didn’t know why…

 

“ahh.. no way.. same as Kei’s birthday!”

 

Takaki blurted out, disappointed and torn on where to go. 

 

“oh, I see.. but then…”

Kouta was really sad about it and wanted to talk to Kei, maybe they can have their birthday together in one place.. one event.

 

“Kei.. Kei..”

 

Kouta tried to keep up with the girl who ran home as fast as she can.

 

“I just want to talk to you..”

 

And so the ides of March came and Kouta was dressed in red and was a charming as a real prince, his friends were there dressed as royalties, but his princess never came. He was very hopeful but Kei didn’t show up..

 

“I’m afraid I have to leave.. Kei is waiting for me.. Happy Birthday though.”

 

Takaki left the party to go to her best friend’s party. She found Kei crying on their living room and her pink princess dress was stained with tears.

 

“Kei.. what’s wrong..”

 

“I hate him.. he stole my party!”

 

In april, her family moved to LA, leaving Kouta very sad.

 

“Ma.. I just wanted to have a birthday party with her..”