1st

The WANTED Marriage

 

SIWON’S POV

“So, what’s the plan?” Sungmin happily asked as he entered inside my office.

“I don’t know. I have nothing in mind. I just… I suddenly just want to propose to her.” I said honestly as I leaned on my chair.

I never knew even just a marriage proposal could be this difficult. The last time I proposed, everything went well.

FLASHBACK

As soon as I heard the Heami already arrived, I immediately walked fast towards their classroom, hoping to have a serious talk with her. I’m quite hysterical about having a ‘serious’ talk with her though but I’m willing to give it a try.

“Lee Haemi!” I yelled as soon as I saw her. She was talking with her tomboy friend that time. I know it’s quite rude to interrupt but during that time, I didn’t care. Not at all.

“Woah! What can I do for you, Mr. President?” She said sarcastically. I really, really hate her guts. No one has said anything to me with that kind of tone, ever.

“We need to talk.” I said calmly. I tried my very best not to do anything that would hurt my reputation, especially in front of the other students.

Haemi raised her eyebrows, signaling that I should spill it out right in front of everybody. I hesitated. How will I ever tell her, right in front of everybody, about this stupid marriage?!

“In private.” I said briefly and walked away towards my office.

I can feel Haemi following me and at the same time, I can feel the gazes of people towards us. I’m sure this will become another hot topic in this school. Grrr.. I really hate it.

I opened the door to my office and waited for her to enter. Of course, even though I’m angry and I hate her, she’s still a girl and I’m still a gentleman.

As soon as I locked the door in my office, I saw Haemi sitting on my chair. I was annoyed but I let it go. Besides, I will be asking her a favor in return for sitting on my chair.

I sat on the chair right in front of table. After a few seconds, I was shocked when she suddenly placed her legs on the table. I raised my eyebrows and was absolutely pissed. How can a disrespectful with no grace girl like her survive in this world?!

“YAH! Put your feet down!” I angrily yelled.

“What’s wrong with you?! It’s just a table!” She said and placed her feet down.

I know that even if I explain the reason why she has to place her feet down, she still wouldn’t understand it. Her stupidity is of that superior level.

I sighed.

“My parents wanted me to marry you.” I calmly said. I looked at her and was certain that she doesn’t really look surprised at all.

“I honestly don’t want to do it.” I confessed.

“Me too!” She agreed.

“Let me finish!” I yelled.

“Fine!” She said, as if having a tantrum.

“As I’ve said, I don’t want to do it but I have to.” I continued. I then stared at her, acting as if I’m really sincere in saying it.

“So, Lee HaeMi, will you marry me?” I said.

I was suddenly surprised when Haemi suddenly burst into laughter. To her, it may sound like a joke. But to me, it’s a matter of life and death!

“Geez, did you ever think I’ll agree to you?” She said. I was absolutely happy with what she said. I can finally smell my freedom!

“I’m glad that you didn’t agree. It means no wedding will happen.” I said and grinned happily.

“Did I say no? I mean, YES! I will marry you.” She suddenly said as she stood up from the chair.

I was absolutely surprised. How can she make a joke a serious as that?!

“You’re kidding, right?” I asked as I shook my head.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” She said and walked towards the door.

“that was funny.” I desperately said and laughed. Oh no, I think I’m going crazy.

“See you tonight.” She said and walked out of the room. Oh my. I’m really marrying the queen of stupidity, Lee Haemi!

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I suddenly smiled as soon as I remembered that moment.

“Suddenly? You can’t propose with that kind of feeling. You have to be sure that you really want to marry her.” He suddenly stopped and went closer to me.

“Do you really want to marry her?” He asked.

I didn’t answer him. I felt suddenly confused. I mean, I love her. I wanted to see her everyday and want to enjoy every single moment with her. But what if..

What if history would repeat itself? What if what happened before will also happen once we’re married? What if I’ll end up hurting her feelings?

“I don’t know.” I simply said and swindle my chair.

“Bro, you have to be sure or else you’ll end up hurting her. Think first, okay?” that’s what he said before finally leaving my office.

I definitely don’t want to hurt her. But I also don’t want to leave her hanging. And either of the two, her dad is definitely going to kill me.

Seriously, what’s wrong with me? Just when did I become such a coward? Urgh.

 

HAEMI’S POV

 

“So, your Dad is coming next week?” Sooyoung asked. I was hanging out with my forever best friends, Sooyong and Amber.

After 5 years of being away from them, I realized that they really changed a lot. Sooyoung is now a popular model. Amber, on the other hand pursued her passion in composing songs, alongside with Henry. Although she doesn’t admit anything about their relationship, I’m quite sure something is really going on between them.

 

“Yep. Everyone is coming next week.” I said and took a sip from my latte.

 

“I think your Dad wants to see you and Siwon together.” Amber said.

 

“I think so too. I mean, duh! I think he’s really shocked by the news that you and Siwon are already living together even though you two aren’t married yet. And furthermore, you two are already doing-“

 

“YAAH~” I glared. I know we’ve been doing ‘it’ but it’s quite awkward hearing it from her. Or even just hearing it!

 

“HAHA! You’re blushing.” Amber suddenly burst into laughter and so is Sooyoung.

 

Grrr, what kind of friends are these two?

“Just change the topic, okay? PLEASE.”

 

“Anyhow, I think your Dad is really upset with you two living together.” Sooyoung continued.

 

“My sister said he’s happy about it.”

 

“Every man are two faced. When they’re angry, that means they’re happy. And when they’re happy, they’re actually sad. They are really ironic. And because fathers are men, they are the same.” Amber explained.

 

“Is Henry like that too?” I asked.

 

“Of course!! He always say that women are difficult to understand, but in reality, MEN are VERY difficult to understand.” She whined.

 

Sooyoung suddenly looked at me and raised her eyebrows. Obviously, she wanted us to interrogate Amber. HAHA. Evil Choi.

 

“Can you give us an exact example on how he is like that?” Sooyoung grinned. I suddenly got excited and waited eagerly for her to answer.

 

“You know, when I say I had a crush on this person, he would say I should pursue that person and then he would smile brightly. And then the next thing I knew, he would lock himself inside his house for 2 days. And that happens everytime I say something about my love life. After a few attempts, I stopped telling him anything about love.” Amber answered.

 

After that, I finally realized that Amber is so dumb. Henry just made it obvious that HE LIKES HER.

 

“How about you? How will you feel if Henry says something like he likes someone?” Sooyoung suddenly asked.

 

“He never said he liked someone.”

 

“Not ever?” I asked.

“He did before. But I think it’s a friend-like. I mean, he likes her as a friend.”

 

“Who is it??” Sooyoung asked again.

 

“Me.” She said and smiled happily.

 

“YAH! How did you know it’s a friend-like like?”

 

“Because we’re friends since high school! And yah!! Why did the story suddenly shifted to me? We’re talking about Haemi here!” She whined.

 

“Amber, for the past 20 years of our friendship, I never thought you could be this stupid. Really!” I said and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“It’s really impossible for him to like me. I’m boyish, for grass sake! I’m not like any other girls. I don’t put any make up and don’t even wear skirt! I’m definitely not his type.”

 

“You’re different, that’s why he likes you.” Sooyoung said, which, I agree by the way.

 

“Can we stop talking about it?” Amber pleaded.

 

“Fine. Let’s talk about it when you’re ready to accept the ‘fact’.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Anyways, back to the topic. Your Dad might not like the idea of you living together with Siwon. Or, he wants you to marry Siwon first before living with him.” Amber said,

 

Marriage? I never actually thought of that. I’m already happy with what we are.

 

“But I’m already married to him.” I answered.

 

“Everyone know it was fake.” Sooyoung said.

 

“It wasn’t fake to me.” I simply said.

 

“You still have to experience the ‘real’ one.” Amber suddenly said.

 

“What should I do? Should I propose to Siwon first? Or- or tell him that I want to marry him or something?” I asked.

 

“Siwon should propose to you.” Amber said.

 

“Of course, he’s the man!” Sooyoung agreed.

 

“How do I tell him? I don’t want to pressure him.”

 

“Let me and Sooyoung do it.” Amber said and grinned evilly.

 

I really don’t want to burden him but if it’s the only for Dad to accept him to the family, then maybe it’s the right thing to do.