Confessions

Skeletons in my Closet

 

"Junghwan," Sunwoo prompts as he sinks to the sofa. "Listen to me."

Sandeul lifts his eyes-real slow- from the TV and turns to Sunwoo who is fidgeting and is starting to turn into a quite unhealthy shade of green. The movie he's watching isn't all that interesting anyway, so he decides to humor the boy. He raises an eye brow and nods for Sunwoo to continue.

Sunwoo begins with a breathy "don't laugh", and takes another deep breath. 

"I like you," Sunwoo confesses in a rush, and Sandeul's other eye brow rises. "I really, really like you. I like your smile and your voice and your eyes, and I know I'm not the best guy in the world, but I like you and I was wondering if there's even a teeniest bit of a chance that you might like me back."

Junghwan blinks then, trying to process what he just heard, then blinks once more as Sunwoo's words sink in.

Sunwoo nudges his shoulder, anticipation evident in his huge, honest orbs, and Junghwan resists the urge to kiss him or choke him or both, because he hasn't been expecting those words, not right now.

"So?" Sunwoo asks, evidently waiting for his reply. "Do you think that would work?"

To which Junghwan just gives a thumb-up, not trusting his brains to come up with anything coherent, and then Sunwoo's face breaks into a grin that could have split his face and he skips off happily, singing (albeit a little off-key) about how great his confession was going to be. Junghwan turns the TV off, his last vestiges of interest on the movie having vanished completely, and he lowers himself on the sofa, wondering miserably why he lets himself be talked into helping Sunwoo with this sort of stuff when he just about dies with pain and jealousy every single time.