Something They Don't Know About Luhan.

[EXO Valentines One-shots] 14th February: Valentine's Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14th February 2012.

 

“We’re here, young master.”

Luhan nods to his driver, the old man who has served the Lu family ever since they moved to Korea a decade back, and looks out the tinted window. He sighs at the sight of those small groups of girls at the front gate of his college, scattered around. As individuals, those girls hate the guts out of each other but they remained cool among themselves when they’re in their own circle; the two-faced creatures they will always be. Luhan knows, because each of them would send him love letters each day, and without fail, every letter will warn him about the other girls.

He reaches to the seat beside him and grabs his bag. Hugging it gently, in fear of crushing whatever he has in his bag, he then inhales deeply with his eyes close. He opens his eyes and reaches out to open the door when his driver speaks again.

“Good luck, young master,” the old man smiles warmly and Luhan returns the smile with another nod.

He swings the car door open and places one foot out. Just at the sight of his limited edition Nike shoe, the girls flock closer and Luhan takes another deep breath before stepping out entirely.

It is utter chaos and Luhan wonders how he ever survived this day for the past 5 years. Luhan is an attractive young man, he knows that very well. Everyone young man would want his looks and Luhan figured he would gladly give his looks to anybody if he could because he’s tired of being chased, followed or stalked by girls. Especially the chasing part, he just hates running.

He used to be chubby; he recalls being teased a lot during kindergarten and primary school. But his baby fats eventually decide to drain themselves to god-knows-where and his bones decide to elongate in just a short period of time. Then, hormones start to kick in and, oh you know, bada bing bada boom, Cinderella’s godmother turns Luhan into a gorgeous young lady.

Okay, so maybe he isn’t a girl. But he’s gorgeous for a guy. So let’s rephrase that and just say Luhan became a gorgeous young lad.

Everyone thinks his looks are a blessing. Luhan admits he was pretty much vain in the first year when people and he himself started realizing his good looks but he got bored of it after that. And when girls start throwing themselves at him, he wished and hoped for his darling baby fats to return to him. All his Birthday wishes failed him so he resorted to eating every hour and sleep like a pig but damn his genes that wouldn’t make him gains weight.

His fan girls and crushes are nice, Luhan thinks they’re sweet, but you can’t deny that they are crazy.

The fact that they are there for his every need at any time freak the out of Luhan. When he sits out from a game of basketball to take a rest and a drink, bottles of mineral water will be waiting for him on the bench. When he stays in during lunch time, tens of lunchbox will be delivered to his classroom. Even when he’s at home, rushing his assignments till the late hours, midnight snacks and coffee will be given to him through the hands of his mother. What’s more ridiculous is that he’ll wake up to emails with attached assignments that are done for him.

Luhan can’t take it but as the sweet and kind boy he’s brought up to be, he never once gotten rid of those girls rudely. It is always the same old, redundantly-used lines like, “Thank you for being so thoughtful’ or ‘You’re very caring and loving’ or ‘You know me so well’ when in reality, he just feels like screaming, ‘Thank you for being so thoughtful but I can get it myself’ or ‘You’re very caring and loving but I already have a mother’ or ‘You know me so well but maybe too well that it’s scary’.

Yeap, Luhan has never once pulls himself together and work up the courage to just tell them in their faces. It’s rude, he knows, but no one will ever feel or know what he has to go through every single day. Unless of course, you’re the only good looking guy, or the best looking guy I shall say, in a private college that turned out to have a 90% population of girls.

Luhan continues pushing his way through the girls but they just won’t stop surrounding him. Red boxes of chocolates and cards keep blocking his line of vision to proceed forward but since he’s surrounded from the front as well, he knows he’s safe from bumping into a trash can or a lamppost. Though, Luhan is worried if the girls might hurt themselves in this process. Kind of.

As the girls continue screaming his name, he sighs inwardly and stops at his track. He scans the circle of girls and notices that the number of fan girls has increased since last Valentines. Luhan figures that the girls might leave him alone if he accepts their gifts now but even if he wants to do so, how much can he possibly carry with just two arms?

“Girls,” he speaks finally with a calm voice and the screaming stops. His voice is ridiculously soft but somehow, the girls heard him. They keep quiet as Luhan continues on, saying, “Thank you for your gifts but I can’t carry them all by myself now so if you all can just place them on my table, that’ll be great.” He then holds two thumbs up with a wide smile and this action of his is responded with a few dreamy sighs, nods and giggles.

Just when Luhan thinks that it’s fine for him to run away from the girls, the girl who is just standing in front of him asks, pointing at his bag which he hugged all the way from his car, “Can’t you just put our gifts in your bag?” And with this question, the girls start simultaneously talking and screaming again, throwing the same question to Luhan. They are loud but Luhan is so used to it.

Luhan shakes his head vigorously and the voice pollution contributed by the girls comes to a halt. They stare at him with widen eyes and confused expressions, some even tilting their heads. Luhan hugs his bag tighter but not to the point where his surprise will be ruined. He then takes a few steps back in a natural response until he accidentally bumps his back into the girls behind him. Oh right, he purses his lips nervously, there’s no way out.

“What’s in your bag, Luhan-oppa?” the same girl questions, stepping closer to him. Her heels meet his shoes, they are that close, and she bends slightly forward while he leans a little backwards. “Is it a gift for someone?”

“A gift?” gasps and whispers come from different direction as Luhan remains silent, shaking his head vigorously again.

Luhan is afraid. He’s normally not like this on daily basis but today is different. Everything about today is different.

He woke up at 7 from a sweet dream; a dream that he wished it’ll come true. He was calm and composed at the first 5 minutes when he got up from bed but it was utter hell after that. He started panicking, remembering that it is Valentine’s Day today. He forgotten to turn on the water heater, he took a bath before brushing his teeth, he shaved and he forgotten to put on his pants before going downstairs for breakfast. So maybe the water heater part was the least bad affect but other than that, Luhan had a bad feeling about his surprise later that afternoon after his morning got messed up. He always brushes his teeth before bathing. He had no reasons to shave but he spent half an hour applying shaving cream on his smooth chin. And who ever forgets to put on their pants?

May not be weird for others but to Luhan, it is. Luhan has never experience or make all these minor mistakes until today but he guess his nervousness got the best of him.

“Who is it for?” the girl starts sounding like she’s interrogating him and he gets even worried.

The thing is, usually, Luhan will just continue walking until he reaches his destination, with earphones plugged in and as if he isn’t being showered with stares and squealing of fangirls. And he always walks in with the coolest swag ever without even trying hard. Today, walking suddenly seems foreign and new to him. He is pretty sure that if the girls aren’t surrounding him since the front gate, people might even laugh at his stiff walking posture.

Just as Luhan zones out a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter