Secret Admirer

WITHIN REACH

 

Hoik were in the hospital for a week. Before and after school, she would visit him there. After the incident, everything went back to normal. She would see Big Bang roaming around the campus but they weren’t bothering her anymore. She was glad and relieved at the same time. She also learned that GD already got another girl. As for her, she got another bunch of friends, Infinite. She also met Double A, Hoik’s gang.

“Speaking of Hoik?! Where’s that guy?” she whispered to herself. She got an hour of vacant before lunch. She got a text from Hoik telling her to wait for him in the library so they can eat together but he’s already 30minutes late. “Aish. Guess I have to find him. I’m starving.”

She stood up and went outside. She went to her locker first to put some of her things. When she opened it, something fell off. It’s a small piece of stationery which contained a simple handwritten message:

Your beautiful smile lights up my world. SMILE OFTEN. J”

 

“Huh? Cheesy but nice.” She said and looked around for any sign of the person who might put the letter but saw no one. She shrugged and kept the letter.

“Sweetie!” Hoik called her as he approached her.

She turned around as she put her hands on her waist. “You told me to wait for you in the library but where were you?”

“Mianhae. Something came up. I had to stay behind after my last subject.” He apologized while scratching the back of his head.

“Aish. You should’ve told me. I waited and now I’m starving to death…”

“Jeongmal Mianhae. Let’s go eat.”

They went to the cafeteria and fell in line with the other students. When she reached her turn, the crew gave her another piece of the same stationery and a tray of food that were not on the menu: Beijing fried rice, her favorite soda, and a slice of chocolate cake. There’s also a white long stemmed rose.

“Huh? Is this for me?” she asked the crew and the cashier. They just nodded and pointed to the paper. She flipped it and read:

Here’s some of your favorite food for lunch that I specially made for you. Eat it well.”

 

“Woah! You’ve got a secret admirer!” Hoik who was peeking behind her, spoke. She looked at the crew. “Who gave these?”

“Sorry. We don’t know. We were just instructed to give those things to you.”

With that, the crew continued his work. “Next!”

Yoon Ae left the line and waited for Hoik. They went to an empty table. She silently ate the delicious meal. After a while, she spoke up. “Any idea who might do this?”

Hoik shrugged. “I dunno. There are lots of boys here who like you.”

“I wonder…” she whispered. Hoik just looked at her serious face. Just then a group of male freshmen came to their table.

“Annyeong haseyo Yoon Ae Noona!” they loudly greeted her catching the attention of all the people in the cafeteria.

“N-neh… Annyeong?” she answered feeling embarrassed. One of them gave her a bouquet of white roses and another note.

“Er. Thanks?!” they just nodded and smiled a little. Then the boy who gave the flower said:

“Noona, we’re from our school’s Theatre Guild and this song is for you. Han. Dul. Set!” they started singing her favorite Korean love song. It was I think I by Byul. She was speechless and moved at the same time.

She looked at Hoik who seemed to be enjoying the male version of the song. The song ended and they bowed. Everyone cheered and gave them a round of applause. She was blushing furiously.

“Er. Kamsahamnida…”

They smiled and went away. She didn’t dare ask them anymore because she knew that they’re not going to answer her. She just bowed her head to hide her face. She remembered the letter.

A beautiful bouquet of roses for a very lovely lady and a love song to melt her heart. Let me in to your heart…”

She couldn’t help but smile at his sweetness. *He’s romantic. He sure knows how to woo a girl.* she thought.

“He knows the meaning of ‘not wasting time’.” Hoik .

Her smile faded and she frowned at him. “Aish. But he’s a coward. Why can’t he do these things personally? Why can’t he show himself?”

He shrugged. “I dunno. Maybe he’s shy or something. Or it’s his way of courting you!”

She frowned. “I must admit. He’s really romantic but I don’t like cowards.”

He just chuckled. After a while, they decided to go back to their respective rooms for their next classes. The rest of the day went by without anymore unusual happenings.