Lean On Me

WITHIN REACH

 

"Annyeong Haseyo!” he bowed to the maid in front of him.

“Oh! Hoik-sshi! Annyeong! Come in please.” The maid said while opening the door for him.

“Thanks. Sorry for coming this late.”

“It’s alright. Her parents are on a business trip and won’t be back until the day after tomorrow. We’re worried about her and had thought of calling you. It’s a good thing you came here tonight.”

“I haven’t seen or talked to her since last week because I wasn’t able to attend school. I’ve heard she didn’t go to school today.”

“Yes. She went home late yesterday, crying. We tried talking to her but she wouldn’t open the door. Until now, she refused to go out.”

“MWOH?! Aish that girl… Okay. I’ll go talk to her. It’s really late. You can take a rest now.”

“Arasso. Kamsahamnida.”

He just nodded and quickly ran up to her room. He knocked but no one answered.

“Yoon Ae? Open the door. It’s me…” he heard footsteps and the door slowly opened. She’s still in her pajamas. Hair in a messy bun, eyes swollen and she looked pale. They went inside. He closed the door. She just stood in the middle of the room with her head bowed. He cupped her chin and made her look at him.

“O-oppa…” she could only utter. He immediately enclosed her in a tight hug. She started crying again.

“Sshh… It’ll be ok. Let it all out. Cry all you want…” he just said while her hair and back. After a while, she stopped and they sat on her bed. She sat silently. He looked at her. It really hurts him to see her miserable. He held her hands.

She spoke. “I’m an idiot.”

“Huh? Wae?”

“I should’ve listened to you. You were always right about him but I never listened to you…”

“What happened, Sweetie?”

“T-that… that jerk! He cheated on me… again. I saw him. They were making out in his couch.” She started tearing up again. He put an arm around her and held her close to him.

“Ssshhhh… it’ll be okay Sweetie.” All he could say while rocking her back and forth.

“I hate him. Why can’t he be like you Hoik oppa?” she said in a sleepy voice. Hoik didn’t answer.*Because he’s an . We’re different.* he thought.

“I hope it’s me that you love…” he whispered without thinking about his words. He remembered you. “Sweetie?” she didn’t answer. He looked at her and found out that she’s already fast asleep. He laid her down on the bed and put her comforter over her.

“G’night Sweeetie.Sleep tight. I’ll be with you tomorrow. He said as he kissed her forehead. He got out and went home.