PART III

Boyfriend

*listen to: Boyfriend

         Exams, group projects… Don’t you just hate all of it? Well, in Seoul’s High, no. I mean, they don’t hate this sort of things because they have the chance to end up pairing with some Kingka or Qeenka so they just smiled, hopefully.

It was time to turn in the last group project – ‘MyOnlineDiary’. This project was conceived so that teachers at school could have a better knowledge of what happens in their students’ life so that it would be easier to help them out.

        “So, students, I hope you haven’t forgotten to bring your diaries. Please, just copy them to this paste [class 1] and I’ll start reading them today, ok?” their psychology teacher, Yoon Bora, winked and left the room. “I’ll be right back.”

        Once that task was accomplish, the students started to work on other things – Maths, Korean, Physics, Art projects. ____had a Manual Art project late; she had to build some sort of building. This project was tiring ____ but she couldn’t give in – her bird house was almost ready so just a little bit more of effort and she would be done…right?

45 minutes later…

        “Ya, Nam ____ haven’t you finish yet?” 

        “Anni Youngmin-ah. I guess you’ll have to go home by yourself today; mianhe ~” ____ was focus on gluing things and not her fingers so she didn’t look up. Youngmin sighed heavily ruffling his hair with frustration.

        “But yesterday you got into trouble; I can’t let you go home all by yourself!” she stopped working and gave him a look.  THE look; the one who always reminded of something he kept on forgetting. “Oh right. You are black belt on judo!”

        “Ya, not so loud!” She scolded causing him to roll his eyes.

        “Why do you always want to be seen as a princess when you are not?” Youngmin walked away, looking straight ahead. “Call me if you need help or something.” After a nod she went back to work.

For another 20 minutes she tried to glue the parts of her bird house but it wasn’t going as well as she thought. Her mind drifted off to a strange place: Jo Kwangmin.

        “Omo! Omo! Eotteokaji?” Because of her momentarily distraction her fingers got glued together. “Aish! Wae? Wae? What did I do to deserve something like this? Did I step on someone’s toe on my previous life?! Jo Kwangmin you should die on a corner of this school! Really! Aish, jinja!”

        “You shouldn’t talk rashly about other people like that. It’s rather insulting.” Kwangmin was leaning against the door’s frame, looking to the ceiling.

        “Ya, shut up and leave ok? No one asked for your opinion!”

        “I’m going, don’t worry. Just let me ask you one thing – why did you curse me out? Was it me the cause of that incident?” He pointed jokily to her three fingers that were attached together and tried not to laugh. “Aish… YA!!! What are you still doing here, you butterfly freak?! Just get your fagot out of here…please?” she started to look at her glued fingers and started to curse just because she was pissed. Kwangmin was rather pleased that she knew about his thingy about butterflies.

        ____ looked up to the door – she really wanted to apologize – but there was no one there. Her gasp came out pretty loud and she stood, kicking the chair. Of course she hurt her bare leg; biting her lips not to scream, she sat down and hit her head hard against the table.

        “Of course he would leave; why would he help me after the way I treated him?” the sound of a chair being dragged beside her made her look up right on the spot. She gulped and prayed that he hadn’t heard a word but by his cocky smile she knew better.

        Kwangmin brought a large cup with hot water and a little brush. As he grabbed her hand she gulped and looked away. He let her fingers touch the water and she nearly jumped out of surprise – the water was so damn hot she thought for moments that she had none remain of skin on her fingers.

        “Ya! That’s hot!”

        “Oh, well, thank you.” He winked playfully making her blush intensely.

After a small chuckle he started to brush in between her three glued fingers, very concentrated. ____, thinking he was completely oblivious to her, stared deeply at him, smiling tenderly. Kwangmin looked at her and lost his track of thought.  The magic silence of the room and only the look exchanged between them made every sense to ____ for the first time – she was in love with him for a long time.

        “Kwangmin-ah, I have something to tell you. I’ve only realized it now, but I’m pretty sure that – “

        “AHHH!” the cup of hot water had fallen on top of Kwangmin’s lap, making him stood, surprised – she had been right; that was hot.

        “Oh, mian, mian! Oh, . Are you ok?” she fanned his body with one of her books, trying to cool him down a bit. He stopped jumping and let out a relief sigh, sitting down. He took off his shirt; ____ looked awkwardly away, kind of embarrassed.

        “Ya, Nam ____ are you embarrassed or something?” He smirked, stepping closer to her. She stepped back, still avoiding looking at him.

        “Tsk! Why would I? I’ve seen your brother shirtless many times, you know?”

        “Is that so?” Still smirking he continued stepping closer to her. “But you know a thing?” She felt her back touch the wall behind her and she puffed her cheeks, staring up. ____ was feeling a big desire of looking at him but she wouldn’t let herself do that… right? “I’m not like my bro; below my shirt I usually have another thing.” ____ looked at him and saw that he was speaking the truth; he had a tight white shirt. His blue and large one was on his hand. She kind of was waiting for him to be lying to her so ____ was feeling quite disappointed. “Is it this disappointment on your face Gom Nami?”

        “I don’t know what you are talking about!” she tried pushing him away but he didn’t move. “Are you not going to move?”

He only smirked.

***

        “Today is the day! You are going to confess!”

 

 

        They both walked faster than usual to school. They felt anxious to get there, to see each other, and maybe even tease each other. They were ready to face this issue, the love issue, once and for all – they were tired of hiding and even if they got rejected it would be ok; they wouldn’t give up.

 

        ____ opened the classroom’s door. The room was already filled with students playing, talking or doing their undone homework. After taking a deep breath, ____ stepped towards his table. Kwangmin had already acknowledge her arrival but he stayed quiet, gathering courage to go talk to her but it turned out that she was the one coming to him.

        “Anneyong ~ Kwangmin…ah.” He fought back a smile and looked at her questioning. “I have something to you…” she handled him a calculator with a mathematical function [y=2/X]. Even before he clicked the button that would make the graphic appear he knew what it would look like – a butterfly. As he smiled he took the calculator from her hand and started to modify the original function.

When he passed her the calculator she saw the previous function plus the symmetrical one [y=-2/X]. ___ clicked and saw that the two graphics together made a cross appear. She felt her eyes popped out of the orbs.

        “Do you want to get married?!” he started to giggle slightly and pulled her down, so she would be sitting next to him. He intertwined their fingers, ruffling her hair.

        “No, I want to be your boyfriend!”

THE END!