Jealousy

Stuck In The Middle With You

I was the one you can run into

When tears would fall from what he do

Who knew the friends would become lovers

Going crazy giving my all but getting half of you

I’m not half the man so tell me what to do

Never gonna let you go

Cause you know our love is true

 

“Min, you okay?” I lowered my head to the person who just sat beside me. I took a glance at my watch, its fifteen minutes before the class will be over. Minseok took part time job teaching at night class sometimes, but he never showed up this late.

He turned around and shook his head weakly at me. His bright friendly soft brown eyes lost it sparks, and his smile that usually calmed me down couldn’t reach his heart.

I was about to open my mouth when he made a gesture to silence me. I nodded in understanding, Minseok would tell when its time to tell, right now we turned our head back to the lecturer.

I got into a fight on my first day as college student in a small passage behind art building. Five against one, a senior didn’t like my face, but that’s not something I could change. Being a foreigner moved from one country to another, I needed to build a facade to protect myself. That’s why I have no friends, not even one. People would only stare and whispered at me, but no one dare to really approach me.

When suddenly a short boy with big eyes and chubby cheeks showed from the corner. He had a confused face that looked so cute and I would find it amusing if we’re in a different situation.

Seeing me straddled to the ground with five men kicking me, he jumped and pushed them away.

“You okay?” he looked down at me.

I spit a pool of blood before I got up “Thanks, you should just run and call someone”

He smirked at me and clenched his fist “Nah... I think I’ll stay”

After twenty minutes, we both ended up with bruises and panting, leaning to the wall. But our enemies had more injuries than us and I hope it will keep them away for some times.

“You’re a good fighter, kid” I told him. His shirt damped in sweat, and his eyes winced as he turned to me.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I think we’re in the same year” He wiped his chin with the sleeve of his shirt “I saw you on orientation day”

“You’re 19?” No one ever caught me in surprise like this before.

He suddenly approached me and lifted my chin, examined me for a moment. “Your wounds don’t look like serious, but you should check yourself on the clinic”

I think I blushed a little bit because his soft fingers touching my skin. Wait, Yi Fan, you don’t blush!

“Need my help?” he asked again as he let me go.

“No, I can go by myself” I answered quickly and retreated “Thanks for your help” I took my bag on the ground and brushed it bit before I walked ahead. The clinic was only a few block from here, near the campus dorm.

After walking for awhile, I noticed that the boy who helped me still following me.

“Why are you following me?” I hesitantly around to him and asked.

He blinked his eyes and smiled in amusement. “I forget to tell you, I work part time at the clinic, helping the doctor”

I rolled my eyes and let him joined me for our walk. I’m a man of few words so it was a silent trip for both of us. But he didn’t seem to mind, he hummed a little and I thought I need to see the Doctor real fast because something in my brain told me that his voice was as melodic as a summer breeze.

“I think the doctor is taking a break” he said when we reached our destination. He walked to the cabinet while I looked around, curious.

“Why don’t you sit there so I could clean your wounds?”

I looked at the chair beside the Doctor’s desk and sat on it.

My savior came back with a first aid kit box and a basin of water. He sat on the edge of the table, rolling his sleeve and took the cotton.

I winced at the pain on my skin when suddenly a warm soothing breeze cooled it down. I frowned when I realize this guy just blew on my face.

“What are you doing?”

“Ah, sorry” he grinned “It’s just something that my mother used to do when I got a cut or something” he cleaned the blood on my face again “I hope it could lessen the pain”

At that time, I’m glad he didn’t look down to see the blush crept on my cheek.

Kim Minseok was the first friend I had, and because of him I was able to met Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Minseok’s boyfriend, Luhan.

It would be a total lie if I said I didn’t disappointed at the fact that Minseok and Luhan had been going out for two years. I could point 1001 flaws on Luhan, but that’s just because I wish to be him so much. I found myself stare when ever Luhan caressed Minseok’s cheek, I wish I could look into Minseok’s eyes and be the only guy that he looked back.

“Yi Fan, the class is over. C’mon” Minseok nudged my sleeve.

“Lunch at usual?” I gathered my belongings and shoved them to my bag.

Minseok shook his head “No, you could go there with the others if you want too, though”

“Of course not” I furrowed my eyebrows, the six of us used to have lunch by the benches on our soccer field.

“Did you fight again with Luhan?” I sighed, it became more frequent nowadays. I never saw Minseok cried, nor seeing his eyes puffy before but his sad expression and the glazy eyes of him tells it all.

“We broke up” he said after hesitating for a moment.

I was strucked and frozen “You’re not serious”

“I am” he looked down at my feet “I saw him with another person and...”

“That bastard” I hissed and clenched my fist.

Minseok’s eyes widened “No.. No.. It’s not his fault”

I narrowed my eyes at him, of course it’s Luhan’s fault. Perfect little Kim Minseok could never do wrong.

“I mean, not entirely his fault” he rubbed his palm to the back of his pants “Maybe I pushed my feelings to much on him”

“I’m... I’m sorry to hear that” I nervously said “You know what? I’m not really sorry”

His jaw dropped in surprise.

“I mean, of course I’m sorry that you’re hurt now but... But he didn’t deserve you” I brave myself to looked up at him “You’re a great guy, Min. You’re going to be all right”

His expression softened and a smile tugged his lips “Thanks”

 

“Let’s go on a date”

Minseok was caught off guard with my words “Huh?” he looked up from cleaning my table.

“It’s been two months, Min. And you need to loosened up a bit” The tense in our group ceased down after their broke up. May be because Luhan was a bit too busy to hang with us again and Minseok took three part time jobs at once thus why my adorable friend got skinnier with each day passed by.

“I’m busy, Yi Fan” he chuckled.

“I’ll ask Mr. Park to give you a day off or something. Please?”

He stared at me and I don’t care if he said yes at that time because he pitied me. But we got ourselves our first date two days later.

I took him to a restaurant, I could afford somewhere fancy, but I know Minseok wouldn’t be comfortable with that, so I choose a nice beef stew restaurant, his favorite.

“Aah, I’m so full” he leaned back to the passenger seat.

“Why don’t you rest now?” I started the engine and buckled up my seat belt.

“Where are we going?” he asked in curious.

“That’s a secret” I smiled at him. I turned the heater on and a low music from the radio. As usual, we both enjoyed each other company in silence. I sometimes glanced at him and grinned like an idiot when I caught him doze off, resting his forehead on the window.

“Min, we’re here” I gently his cheek to wake him up.

He blinked his eyes and looked around “Yi Fan, why are we here?” he panicked.

“Well, this is our final destination” I waved my hand. I parked my car in front of a house, the Kim resident.

“I...” he startled “I can’t...”

I grabbed his right hand and held it “Yes you can, they’re your parents, and you are their son”

“But...”

“Min, you mentioned your parents more than Sehun had bubble teas in a week. I know you missed them” I gave his hand a squeeze “And didn’t you say tonight is your sister’s 17th birthday?”

He held on to me and shut his eyes “Yes, I could do this”

“Of course you could, you’re Kim Minseok” I smiled to assure him “And I wouldn’t shut the engine so if anything goes wrong we could always run away”

He chuckled and nodded. I watched him as he slowly walked inside the house. After twenty minutes, I turned off the car and smiled. Looks like everything went well after all.

 

“Thanks for the night” Minseok rubbed his cheek awkwardly.

“I’m glad you have fun” I nodded. Minseok spent an hour inside his parent’s house, apparently they missed their son too and so happy that they could be together again.

Minseok leaned his back to the wall and tilted his head so he could look me straight in my eyes. I gulped down as I stopped breathing. The light of the moon made his pale complexion shine brighter, and his eyes smiled as they used to. He was perfect.

“No, Yi Fan. Really. No one ever care about me like what you did. Thanks”

I know Minseok is not the kiss on the first date kind of guy, but he looked so alluring that I accidentally leaned down on him. I could hear his gasp and I froze for a moment, but it’s too late to stop now. I need to let him know how I felt.

“I love you” I whispered as I breathe in his scent before slowly backed off to give him more space.

He was beautifully blushing and stuttered “... Can you wait..?”

 

“Mmmhh...” a soft lips pressed with mine, a warm finger brushed my cheek sent a shiver all over my body.

I lifted the small body and sat him on the bar. I turned my head up and pulled him close to deepen the kiss. My nails softly planted to his nape and our tongues pushed each other.

I tilted my head to the other side after a few minutes so the two of us could breathe without breaking the kiss. Kissing Minseok is perfect. I could go for hours, making out with this cute guy I could call as my boyfriend now.

He squeezed my waist with both of his knees, eagerly slipped in his hands inside my shirt. I kissed his jaw lower to his neck, my hands roamed from his back to his thigh, gently caressed it before I unbuckled his pants.

“Yi Fan, stop it” he chuckled and slapped my hands “We’re still at the restaurant”

“You’re starting it” In my defense, it was him who seduced me with batting his long eyelashes and pursed his rosy lips.

“Wait for a moment, okay? I just finished the outline for Luhan, I’ll just gave it to the boss so he could give it to him when he come”

I tried not to look bothered when his name came from those now swollen lips.

Luhan.

He started to come see us again a few weeks after me and Minseok were officially a couple. He laughed at it and congratulates us both, he even asked me to treat Minseok nicer than he did.

There was nothing I could do. Minseok and the others were happy he got his friend back, and after a hundred times Minseok asking me if it was okay, which I told him honestly that I’m not that thrilled to have Luhan back, but yes, he is a friend and there’s nothing wrong with friends hang out with each other.

So everyone’s happy, except one thing.

I knew that look...

I saw that falling smile....

I heard him gasped when I touched Minseok...

I knew because I’ve been there before...

I still remember the feeling...

The jealousy...