Offer

Mistaken

 

“Hey, he might think I’m over loading you with work..!” JaeYoung indifferently talks to EunSeul.

“Ugh. No please. Don’t get me started, Jae.”

“What~? Two days ago you were telling me things like he—” before JaeYoung could finish her sentence EunSeul had already covered with her hands.

“Mmrff!! Eurn-sheurl!!!”

A cheerful laughter was heard all-over the café. It was EunSeul’s. She didn’t realize that everyone was admiringly looking at them: two (not-to-mention cute) girls having a small dispute inside a café.

“Cho JaeYoung! One more word and I’ll…”

“You’ll what?” JaeYoung giggles as EunSeul loosens her hold.

JaeYoung straightens up and pats EunSeul’s head. “Yah, get a grip Pabo-yah. Everyone’s looking…at us.

“W-Wha—?” EunSeul frantically swings her head. And surely enough, she saw abundant pairs of eyes directed at them. She blushed instinctively.

“Jae~~!! Why are they…”

EunSeul’s bestfriend only leers and chortles at her.

“AISH! I’d better get back to work.” EunSeul mumbles.

 

SunKyu notices the ‘quarrel’ between the two girls at the counter. I wonder what happened there… well, SunKyu was always at the farthest in the café.

He was contently sipping his tea when he felt hands wrangle his shoulder which made him spill his drink.

“YAH!! What’s your problem?!” he roared.

The thing is, the one he shouted at was EunSeul—his beloved maid. He automatically bowed 90 degrees down and placed his hands over his face, “Mianhaeyo, EunSeul-ah~ jeongmal mianhae~”

“SunKyu-ah, it’s okay~ ^^” EunSeul says.

EunSeul sits down, this time beside SunKyu. The latter reddens at her actions but went with the flow. SunKyu can’t help to stare at EunSeul time to time.

“Uhm, why do you keep eyeing me, SunKyu-ah?”

“Uhh? Am I? N-No! I mean, yes—no! W-Why would I…”

“Whatever you say.” EunSeul shrugged.

 

EunSeul’s day happened slowly and she ended up with a higher degree of fever.

EunSeul-AHHHH!! I’m really sorry for sending you to the café yesterday~~ Omigosh omigosh, what do I do… I’m so so so sorry baby~!” JaeYoung was hysterical over the phone.

EunSeul just chuckled silently.

“YAH!!! EunSeul? Are you listening? Okay, listen, I’m really no—SUPER REALLY SORRY FOR CONVINCING YOU TO COME TO THE SHOP YESTERDAY!!! I am such a cruel bestfriend~~” JaeYoung bops her head while walking back and forth inside her café.

“Jae, relax. I’m quite *cough* fine now. You don’t—”

“See?! You’re still sick!!! Do you want me to come over to your house right now?”

EunSeul furrowed her brows. “JaeYoung! I said, I’m fine! You…don’t have to c-come *cough! cough* over!” she yelled at her phone. “Do not, worry, baby Jae. I can handle myself.”

A sigh escaped JaeYoung’s mouth. “Arasso~ I hope you get well…NOW.”

“Haha, yeah. See you, bye Jae.”

*CLICK*

 

EunSeul reluctantly placed her phone on her desk. Tsk, this cold is killing me. Argh, if only BaekHyun-oppa was here, I knew he’d take care of me. Kekeke~

She tried to stand up, but barely can. Nevertheless, she can. EunSeul went to her bathroom, grabbed a towel, dipped in warm water, got dressed and went back to her bed. She slumped her weak body on her fluffy bed sheet.

The back of her hands on top of her warm forehead, the other hand scrolling through her phone. EunSeul’s attention was caught by a peculiar text message.

I hadn’t noticed this one. She frowned while checking the message. And, wow, it’s from an unknown number. How the hell could they…

Are you a fan of EXO? Do you want to see your idols in the flesh? Then this is the right time for you to go outside and meet them!

That was the message’s starter. The fevered girl felt her heart pump faster. She continued reading.

 

No tickets are involved! The fan meeting is free. Please contact this number for more details: 09**-****-***. You’re very lucky, little EXOtic.

 

“What the—this is some serious thing! I don’t care if I’m sick; I’m gonna see BaekHyun oppa!!!” EunSeul cries and jumped on her bed. She started picturing in her mind the things she would do if her eyes met BaekHyun’s: run unto him and hug him for several minutes, tell how much she loves him and finally kiss his red lips.

“Aww~ Such luck could only be given to me, Kim EunSeul!!!” she declares, ignoring the headache attacking her at the moment.

EunSeul drops down back to her bed. Back to reality. Her head really aches. She wailed in agony.

“Damn, I better get well now. Gosh, Im’ma call that effin’ number said in the effin’ message. Omona, I’m really, really going to meet my oppars~~”

 

*RING*

*RIIING*

*RIIIIIING*

Someone finally picked up the other line.

“Um, hello? This is Kim EunSeul, um, I just wanted to ask if when is the EXO fan meeting and where it would be held?” she tried to contain the excitement in her voice.

A raspy voice spoke over the phone, “Why yes, lady, thank you for responding. The fan meeting would be held at Café Mosaic on the Bucheon Station. The 26th of April, 8:00 in the morning.”

“Bucheon? You mean at Gyeonggi province? God, that’s too far!” she exclaimed.

“Well, that’s the only place EXO is available… Don’t you like it? Byun BaekHyun’s hometown?” the man on the other line told EunSeul.

What. This man hints that he knows I am BaekHyun-biased, like what the eff. Yeah, Gyeonggi’s BaekBaek’s province—but—how would I have the energy, money, and time? EunSeul felt something was shady about this profound negotiation.

But it’s EXO they’re talking about. EunSeul would give, no scratch that—she would do ANYTHING just to meet her oppars…and this is her big chance. She has decided she won’t lose it.

“Fine, I’m in. You’re sure nobody’s going to make me pay whatsoever?”

“Oh, no. Everything is certainly for free. Thank you, Miss Kim.”

 “HEY! HOW DO Y—”

*CLICK*

Before EunSeul could ask, the receiver cut off the line. How the caller did knew her last name?

 She released her phone dumbstruck. Her mind spinning in circles; Why? How? Thank you, Miss Kim. The words echoed in her mind.

EunSeul was shoved back into the existence of her life. Her head ached once again. Wincing in pain, she tried her hardest to reach her phone, and immediately called her best friend.

“JaeJae~! Guess who’s meeting EXO on her birthday~” she happily exclaims, ignoring the rattling pain in her head.

“Wow. Is it for real, EunSeul-bb? Oh my gosh. Well, it’s a nice gift, isn’t it?” JaeYoung answered.

“Hmm, yeah. But there is something bothering me, Jae, someone just called me and told me all this stuff about meeting EXO on the 26th of April at Bucheon—”

“BUCHEON?! YOU MEAN, BUCHEON?!

“What else. Yeah, that one far province where BaekHyun-oppa was born.”

“Kim EunSeul, are you sure the caller was…being honest? Don’t think he’s just trolling on you or anything?” JaeYoung tried to sound straightforward. “I wouldn’t go if I were you. I won’t risk wasting thousand won on such a joke.”

Aish. This girl, really. Such a killjoy. Well! She doesn’t love EXO as much as I do~ EunSeul thought to herself. “No way, JaeYoungie, I’ll go and you’ll see.”

JaeYoung sighed, “Well then I can’t stop you, can I? Be sure to give my cell number to Chanyeol and Luhan oppa~!”

“Arasso, arasso~” EunSeul laughed. “After I get BaekHyun’s signature and number~”

*CLICK*

 

Right after phoning her best friend, EunSeul packed her things. The date is just a day after tomorrow and it makes her senses tingle. She got ready for the big fanmeeting.