Reliance

Mistaken

 

“Yah, EunSeul-ah, are you coming over to the shop?” JaeYoung breathed on the phone.

It took a few seconds for EunSeul to answer. “Huff, m-maybe I could, jae~”

“are you sure it’s okay? I know you’re having a fever, but— I couldn’t afford to wear an outfit as horrifying as that maid costume.” JaeYoung steadily said, cringing at the image of her dressed in a maid costume.

EunSeul laughed a bit, “Silly Jae. Arasso, arasso, I’ll try to stop by.”

“Ahhh~ Kamsahamnida EunSeul-bb~  !!” a relieved JaeYoung spoke over her phone.

*CLICK*                                                                                                               

EunSeul then got up from her bed, feeling her forehead with the back of her hand. 41o was my temperature earlier… I wonder if it dropped. She grabbed her digital thermometer which is just on her bedside. Waiting for a few seconds, she instantly knew her temperature.

“38, huh. Not bad, maybe…I can go to work. Ha-choo—!” EunSeul wiped her face with a damp cloth and soaked her body in the tub.

Exhilarating heat entered her body making EunSeul grunt as she scrubbed her body. BaekHyun-ah, do it gently please~ again, she fantasizes her Oppa every time she goes to the bathroom.

 

For some reason, EunSeul wanted to ask JaeYoung if hat and glasses guy ever showed up at the café – even though it wasn’t EunSeul’s duty today.

“Huhmm, SunKyu? Let’s see…” JaeYoung speaks. “Bingo. He’s here. Whoa, I didn’t noticed him come in.”

Gosh. Why do I feel delighted that he’s at the café? EunSeul thinks. “What’s he wearing? Is he with someone? Anyone? Is somebody already serving him?” she hurled non-stop questions to her bestfriend.

“Hey, hey, EunSeulpabo, hold up. First things first. Where are you, exactly?” trying to calm EunSeul down, JaeYoung guaranteed if her bestfriend would REALLY arrive.

Realizing what she had said earlier, EunSeul didn’t know that she was getting warmer. Her cheeks evenly flushed, “I’m already near~ Gwaenchana, JaeYoung-ah…” EunSeul says and immediately cuts off their connection.

I might utter inappropriate things. Mian, Jae-Jae. I just wanted to know if hat—SunKyu is still MY customer. She ponders. Wait, what? Ohmygawd. What am I thinking, seriously?!

“Ahjussi, drop me here. Thanks, here’s your pay.” She kindly handed the cab driver the money.

Now, JaeYoung-ah, here comes your best-selling maid… KIM EunSeul~!!

 

The bell above the café’s door cheerfully clinked when EunSeul pushed it promptly which caused everyone in the café to turn their heads to her direction.

“Oops, uhm, didn’t expected Maid EunSeul here, did you?” she shyly remarked, twirling a curly lock of her hair.

After a few hisses, EunSeul ran to her bestfriend and latter cupped her hand over EunSeul’s forehead straightaway. “Gosh, EunSeulpabo, I knew I shouldn’t have invited you. I could’ve just—”

“ANIYO. ANI. I know it would upset people to hear the fearsome Cho JaeYoung close her The Prince Café for the very first time.” EunSeul patted JaeYoung’s shoulder…even though EunSeul knows that her illness would be a hindrance to exceptionally carry out her job.

After EunSeul wore her dress, she instinctively set her sight on hat and glasses guy: SunKyu. He’s always sitting at the farthest table inside the café. Far from everyone.

She saw him wearing his other clothes—a black leather coat with cream-colored sleeves; a gray undershirt; a skinny dark-gray jeans; and of course, his signature murky shades.

When EunSeul recognized that SunKyu is signalling her to come to his table, she responded by lifting her thumb up. JaeYoung noticed her bestfriend instantly became energetic.

EunSeulpabo-ah… aren’t you hiding something to your bestfriend? Kekeke~ JaeYoung thought to herself and then spoke, “Well, I guess she’s growing up.”

 

“You…knew that I was going to work here today~?” awkwardly, EunSeul tried to start a conversation between her and SunKyu.

The guy slowly raised his head to face EunSeul. He intently stared at EunSeul’s beautiful face which made the girl blush and look away.

“Mm, no. I just felt like going here for no reason. You know, gut feeling.” SunKyu coolly replied after ‘scanning’ EunSeul’s face. “You’re sick, aren’t you?”

“Wha—? A-Aniyo, I’m not—”

“Liar.”

 

Defeated, EunSeul sighs. “Yeah, but JaeYoung, my boss, asked me to come over because all of the other maids were absent.”

SunKyu thinks for a while… then he states, “Isn’t that a bit odd? I mean, all other eight maids were absent. Don’t you doubt it?”

“Whoaaa, makes sense though, SunKyu-ah~ Now, it looks like they ganged up on me for a purpose…” EunSeul answers, cutely her chin.

SunKyu sips from his teacup. “Yah, no Mocha-Cappuccino Frappe today huh?” EunSeul kidded.

The guy abruptly stops and looked at EunSeul. “Why. You want me to buy you one?” he asks.

EunSeul was surprised by his reply. “Aniya! W-Why would I ask you to buy one when I could afford one!”

“Hey, acting like that wouldn’t get you anywhere~ your blushing cheeks don’t help either.” SunKyu chuckled and pinched EunSeul’s puffy cheeks.

“G-Get your hands off of me…” she got up and scurried to the counter, leaving her number one customer astonished. Concealed from EunSeul’s point of view, SunKyu was just teasing her to see her reaction. And as what happened, he saw EunSeul’s tsundere1 side today.

She’s pretty when she’s denying. He snickered. But the fact that his much-loved maid was sick today was what bothers SunKyu the most.

 


1tsundere = normally being sharp but at some prompt suddenly becoming lovestruck; hot-cold personality type