Haengbok

Mistaken

 

“Camera. Check. Cellphone, check. Albums, check. Fansign, check. Fansign asking BaekHyun-oppa to be my boyfriend, check-check-check~~” EunSeul made sure every essential is securely  packed inside her bag.

“What about the fanletter? That uber long one you wrote few weeks ago?” JaeYoung hollers over the computer screen. EunSeul woke her up really early just to ‘help’ her pack things…that is if IM-ing online counts as help.

“Oh, wait. Omo, that?” EunSeul stopped midway. She tossed her blanket and her notebooks flew; showing her lovely fanletter for her beloved BaekHyun-oppa. “Got it, JaeYoungie~! Oh my gosh, this is really it. Can you sense all the feels I’m having? God, my heart is beating fast.”

JaeYoung just laughed at her bestfriend’s over excitement.

After a few hours of re-checking and re-packing her stuff, EunSeul finally went on her way. “Yah! JaeYoungie! See you later! I may not be able to call you because, you know, EXO and I would be veeeery busy~” she giggled at her computer. “But don’t worry, Luhan and Chanyeol oppa’s numbers would be delivered unto you. Pabo’s promise~”

“Ha. Ha. Then go now. Bucheon is four hours away from here, remember?”

“Ara, ara. Bye, JaeYoungie~~!”

“Bye. Happy birthday again. Take care, pabo-yah!”

 

EunSeul happily takes a seat inside the train. She found a comfortable place at the farthest seat. I wonder what EXO would look like in real life. Ohmy, are KyungSoo-oppa’s eyes really that big? Is Kris-oppa that tall? Does Chanyeol-oppa look like a creep? And gosh, is BaekHyun-oppa really that flawless in real? EunSeul paused for a while, “Yeah, of course. He’s Byun BaekHyun~ Of course he’s flawless. No doubt.”

She looked out of the train’s window and entertained herself a bit. The trip would surely be long and boring; three straight hours of waiting, and traveling. EunSeul felt her eyelids become heavy the next moment. She and JaeYoung had waked up at around 3AM just for EunSeul’s preparation.

Maybe I can snooze for two hours…I hate to look haggard in front of my gorgeous oppars.

 

*BUCHEON. BUCHEON STATION. EVERYONE GOING TO BUCHEON, PLEASE POSITION YOURSELF ON THE EXIT. BUCHEON STATION.*

“Hmmmm~ We’re already here? Omo!!! Where are my things?” EunSeul quickly grabbed her bags and literally jumped out of the train door. “Whaaaa--! Where is Café Mosaic? Café…Mosaic…”

EunSeul ignored everyone who were scurrying to and fro in the station; others were already bumping her but nothing can ruin her brightly positive attitude.

“YAAAY~~~! ANNYEONG HASEYO, CAFÉ MOSAIC-SSI!” she greeted the mascot outside the café. “But…where is everybody?”

EunSeul looked around only to see herself at the said venue for the fanmeeting. No one met her eyes.

She brushed off the feeling, “Nah, maybe I’m just too early.” She looked at her wristwatch—8:12AM. Her heart fluttered a bit.

“Where…are the people? The…press? Why do I feel like I’m alone?” She glanced at the café, but not went inside it. There were no people, no customers inside. C’mon, no…I mean, I’m one hell of a lucky EXOtic fan. How come there are no human beings here?

She walked around the area, cursing the text message she have received. “Damn. Is JaeYoung right? Is this really all a joke? Did I wake up early just to witness how much of a fool I am to believe in such a—bull message?”

EunSeul was very angry she felt tears form in her eyes. She strolled around the café but not totally leaving the area, kicking an old can while still cursing.

The can she was kicking made a lot of noise in the surroundings. The place was empty so it seems so loud. When EunSeul got tired, she sat at the front tables of the café—the ones placed outside.

She furiously threw her bags at the seat in front of her and muttered several swearwords. Anger and madness were welling up inside her chest.

“ this fanmeeting! I was tricked! I can’t believe I wasted a thousand won for believing such bull.”

“Um, did you wait that long, Miss Kim?”

A familiar, raspy voice suddenly appeared from nowhere.

EunSeul almost jumped backward when she heard it, but quickly turn around only to see her creepy customer from The Prince Café—SunKyu.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE??! ARE YOU THE ONE WHO TOLD ME ALL ABOUT THIS—”

“Wait, wait, EunSeul-ah.”

“NO! YOU LISTEN—”

SunKyu put a finger on the raging girl’s lips which made her freeze. She saw SunKyu remove his top hat and his gigantic shades; revealing a miraculous entity to EunSeul’s shock.

“B-BAEKHYUN-OPPA…?!” EunSeul’s jaw dropped. Her face drained of blood.

BaekHyun eyesmiled to her and scratch his nape, “Yeah, Byun BaekHyun ibnida~ I’m sorry I made you wait, EunSeul-ah.”

“B-But how…?! W-what—” EunSeul was gaping at the beauty of the person in front of her. “Y-You… Oppa… t-this can’t be true. I must be dreaming! Ah, yes! That’s it! I’m dreaming… Beloved Bacon-oppa isn’t here. La-lala~” she started humming irrelevant tunes.

The boy laughed and laughed which made EunSeul stop her humming. “EunSeul-ah, you’re funny! It’s really me! Your BaekHyun-oppa~ No one else.”

“REALLY…?” tears were forming in EunSeul’s eyes. “But I thought, I saw SunKyu…You were SunKyu?”

BaekHyun nodded.

“God, why?”

“Should I really be telling this to you? It’s so…”

EunSeul stared at her bias, awkwardly. Imagine KyungSoo’s stare and that’s what she was doing.

“I have a big crush on EunSeul-ah!” BaekHyun suddenly confessed. “Since I saw EunSeul at Super Junior-sunbaenims’ album signing event, I got curious and followed her to workplace and house.”

“Oh my gosh.”

“I know you’re gonna be crept out if you found out all about this ‘stalking’ stuff but—” BaekHyun cut off his words when he noticed EunSeul almost fainting from what she had just heard.

He ran to her to catch her. “Yah! Are you alright?”

“Omo, oppa. Why are you telling all these to me? Why? I can’t contain all the emotions I feel.” EunSeul told him, clutching on her chest. “You’re cruel.”

“Huh? Why am I cruel? Did I do something bad? Except for making you wait~”

“I am the one supposed to do all that for you but… You, following me until The Prince… BaekHyunnie, I’m speechless.”

“Well, anyone would be.” He eyesmiled again. “I was hoping you’d not notice me by my fingers and voice as SunKyu; and I guess it had worked.”

EunSeul found a table for them and ushered her oppa to seat, but the pretty boy insisted that she sits first. And BaekHyun’s wants got granted.

“No! I was having doubts about SunKyu because I feel I had heard his voice somewhere. Turns out, it was yours.” EunSeul tried to express how much she knows BaekHyun.

“Really? But at least you got carried away~ You even accepted my Cappuccino tea…that made me very happy.”

“Oppa—Is this really real? I mean, you, me… talking like Byun BaekHyun is just some commoner, and kim EunSeul isn’t a big BaekHyun-stan… this is too good to be true.”

BaekHyun suddenly touched EunSeul’s hand, making the fangirl squeal.

EunSeul-ah, this is real. I want our official meeting to be held here at my hometown and I was lucky enough to make you approve of it.”

EunSeul tried to look at BaekHyun straight in the eye. “I did not expect this. Oh my gosh… I’m so glad, oppa.”

BaekHyun smiled sheepishly, “Me too~”

“Oh!” the girl exclaims, detaching her hands from BaekHyun’s. “I have a letter for you, oppa!”

 

“Omo, this is so sweet EunSeul-ah~” BaekHyun told EunSeul after reading the girl’s letter. “I now know how much you want to meet me. And…” he flushes. “…how much you love me.”

EunSeul also blushed. “O-Of course I like oppa. Very, very much.”

EunSeul-ah…”

When EunSeul turned, BaekHyun was already kissing her forehead and laughed heartily after doing it.

EunSeul couldn’t take it anymore and she totally broke. She poured out her feelings and cried. “BaekHyun-oppa! That was illegal! You’re *sniff* so rude~ I was still processing everything… *sniff*”

“Aww~ EunSeul is so cute when she’s angry and crying. Makes me want to kiss her one more time.”

“Ani~~~! I might just die from heart attack here.” EunSeul touches her forehead. Her forehead that was touched by Byun BaekHyun’s lips a few seconds earlier. She can’t believe this is all happening.

 

The two talked and talked about everything until the sky was becoming dark.

“Omo? It’s dark already? What time is it…” BaekHyun spat, looking down in his watch. “7PM?”

EunSeul seized something inside her bag and stood up in front of BaekHyun.

“What is it, EunSeul-ah?” he asked.

She did not answer, instead she unrolled the large fansign in BaekHyun’s face.

“Will…you…be my…boyfriend…BaekHyun-oppa?” the boy’s eyes bulged. “EunSeul-ah~”

She just stood there, her eyes twinkling like a puppy’s. Her cheeks were on full blush. Asking Byun BaekHyun to be your boyfriend, via fansign…who wouldn’t blush?!

 

“Kim EunSeul, I’m the one who’s supposed to ask you that but… YES. OF COURSE. I’M WILLING TO BE YOURS.”

EunSeul’s tears rolled down her smooth cheeks which are then wiped away by her boyfriend, BaekHyun.

“Oppa, I’m so… Happy…”

“Same here.”

Then he leaned down to press his lips onto hers.