Biting the hand that feeds you

Private Show

 

Daehyun rested his head on the wooden dining table, shielding his eyes from the light that streamed through the windows. Even if he slept more the night before than he usually does in a whole week, he felt like his head was pounding and like his eyelids weighed 20 pounds. He heard footsteps and struggled to sit up, trying to flatten his disheveled hair just in case it was one of Youngjae’s parents that was walking into the empty dining hall. 

“You’re awake early. You seemed like the type to sleep in until noon.” Daehyun groaned as he heard Youngjae’s voice cut through the air, placing his head back down onto the table and closing his eyes. His head was pounding, and he was sure it was way too early for him to be able to deal with Youngjae without snapping and throttling the younger teen. 

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me. Maybe if you stopped being such a prick, we could actually get to know each other.”, Daehyun yelled back as he lifted his head from the table and turned towards the entrance, fully intent on glaring at the blonde, until he noticed his state of dress and promptly buried his head in his hands.

“Don’t you ever wear clothes?!” Daehyun flushed slightly, the image of a barely clothed Youngjae with messy bed-head hair burned into his mind. He heard Youngjae laugh before pulling out the chair next to Daehyun and plopping down on it. He could feel Youngjae’s gaze boring into him and turned his head to glare at him, careful to just look at Youngjae’s face and not at the rest of his over-exposed body.

“I am wearing clothes.”, Youngjae retorted, smirking as Daehyun’s eyes narrowed, a small blush adorning the Busan boy’s cheeks. 

‘I highly doubt a tank top and tiny little boxer shorts can count as clothing…’ 

“Besides, why should it matter? We’re both guys, we have the same parts… well, I’m assuming we do. With you, sometimes it’s kind of hard to tell.” Daehyun sputtered indignantly in his seat at the cheeky blonde, his face flushing with anger. Before he could stop himself, he was snapping back.

“You know what they say happen to people that assume things.” Youngjae quirked a delicate eyebrow at the agitated man and laughed softly.

“Is that honestly the best you can do?” Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed further, still trying to figure out the enigma that was Yoo Youngjae. He was starting to wonder if the blonde actually found some sort of pleasure from bickering with him like this, but then quickly tried to push away any thoughts that had “Youngjae” and “pleasure” in the same sentence.

“It’s way too early in the morning for this…” Daehyun saw Youngjae roll his eyes at the statement and felt even more annoyance bubble up inside him. He couldn’t understand why Youngjae was such an to him, and was about to demand for some respect from the younger male when Youngjae’s mom walked into the room. 

“Oh! Youngjae, you’re up already! What a nice change for once.” Daehyun saw Youngjae’s eyebrow twitch slightly and had to stop himself from laughing out loud. Youngjae’s mom noticed the slightly confused look in Daehyun’s eyes and explained further to Daehyun, missing how Youngjae’s ears began to redden or how Daehyun’s grin became wider and wider with each passing word.

“Youngjae here usually refuses to get up in the morning, it’s impossible to get him out of bed! He used to have no problem getting up in the morning to prepare for his lessons when he was a kid, but for the past couple of years now it’s been like waking up the dead every morning.” 

“Oh really?” Daehyun’s tone was smug as Youngjae attempted to look at anywhere besides him, his fingers drumming on the surface of the table nervously as he glared at his oblivious mother. Meanwhile, Daehyun took the time to observe Youngjae’s face, and noticed for the first time how dark the bags under Youngjae’s eyes were. 

‘That’s strange… he must have had at least 7 hours of sleep last night…’

“Yes, it’s quite annoying really. This is the first time in years he’s woken up on his own, it must be because he’s so excited that you’re he-“

“Mom! Let me help you make some breakfast in the kitchen. Now.” Daehyun bit his lip to stop himself from laughing as Youngjae stood up and led his confused mother out of the dining room and into the kitchen, loving how red Youngjae’s cheeks became. 

‘Maybe this won’t be so bad, after all…’

~~~~

Daehyun chewed quietly on his eggs as a comfortable silence filled the dining room, looking up to see Youngjae sitting across the table from him, trying his best to avoid Daehyun’s gaze. As annoying as Daehyun found Youngjae, he couldn’t deny how adorable he could be once embarrassed, and silently wished that Youngjae would act like this more often.

“Youngjae,” Youngjae hummed in acknowledgement and looked up as his father called out to him from across the table.

“I managed to find you an English tutor, his name is Park Sanghyun. I trust you two will get along well, he’s very young. He’ll be teaching you for three hours every day after lunch except on the weekends, so we’ll have to push the piano and violin lessons later. I also changed your piano teacher to Mr. Yang and increased your math lessons to four hours a day now.” Daehyun’s eyes widened as he heard the list of Youngjae’s daily lessons, suddenly feeling pity for the teen.

“Oh honey, let’s give him a break today and tomorrow so he can show Daehyun around Seoul.” 

“Fine, but we’ll have to increase the hours he has his lessons to make up for the hours he’ll lose when Jaekwang comes to visit next week.” Daehyun’s ears perked up at the unfamiliar name, but his eyes widened as he saw Youngjae start to choke on his food, prepared to jump over the table to help him until he saw his mom hitting him on the back, effectively helping him to dislodge the food from his throat. 

“H-hyung’s visiting??!” Youngjae’s eyes were wide as he looked over to his father, Daehyun becoming even more confused at Youngjae’s frantic reaction.

“Who’s Jaekwang?” He looked over to Youngjae, and when the younger male refused to respond, his mother did for him.

“Jaekwang is Youngjae’s older brother. He’s eight years older than him, though, and was studying in the United States during the time we visited you and your family before.” Daehyun nodded, but still couldn’t understand why Youngjae seemed so upset about the news.

‘If they’re brothers, why does he look so worried??’

“He hasn’t visited for a while, but that’s because he’s been so busy at the hospital. I’m so proud of him, he managed to finish his studies in such a short period of time and is now one of the tops surgeons in his hospital. The boy’s a genius, I tell you! And he’s not so hard-headed, unlike little Youngjae here, haha!” Daehyun chuckled awkwardly, feeling even more pity towards Youngjae when he saw the hurt look in his eyes. He understood Youngjae’s pain, constantly being compared himself.

“I’ll go wash my plate now…” Daehyun watched as Youngjae stood up and collected his plate and utensils, his parents ever oblivious to how dejected Youngjae looked. Daehyun excused himself from the table, as well, and followed Youngjae into the kitchen. His eyes ran over Youngjae’s slumped frame as he washed his plate, biting his lip as he tried to figure out what to do.

“Do you need something?” Daehyun was caught off guard and flushed slightly, scratching the back of his head as he tried to collect himself.

“Back there… Are you oka-“

“I’m fine.” Youngjae placed his plate on the drying rack and quickly made his way towards the living room. Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows, placing his plate in the sink and following the troubled teen. He was a bit annoyed at how closed Youngjae was being, but tried to control his temper, understanding why Youngjae would be so upset.

“No you’re not.” Youngjae groaned and turned around to face Daehyun, any signs of the teasing Youngjae from the morning gone. 

“Just drop it, will you!” 

“Will you stop trying to push me away and just listen-“

“Why the hell should I listen to you??”

“Because I’m trying to help you-“

“How could you possibly help me, you’re just some idiot son of my dad’s friend that’s too much of a delinquent to trusted at home by himself and has to stay here!”

“Watch your mouth!” Daehyun felt his pity for Youngjae slowly get replaced by the anger and hate he had for the other. Youngjae and Daehyun found themselves nearly chest-to-chest again, growling at each other, either one waiting to see who would throw the first punch.

“I don’t want someone like you in my life, so stop trying to become part of it. Now be a good boy, and off.” Youngjae pushed Daehyun away before turning around and walking to god knows where in the large house. Daehyun attempted to calm himself down, knowing that if he chased Youngjae down and beat him up, he would never hear the end of it from his and Youngjae’s parents. He had no power over Youngjae, but there was no way he was going to let Youngjae win like that.

‘There’s no way this is over yet, Youngjae. I’ll get my revenge on you…’ 

~~~~~

The day passed by slower that Daehyun would have liked, Youngjae and Daehyun practically snarling at each other each time they ran into each other in the large home. Daehyun plopped back onto his bed, turning on his music as he tried to relax his body, his mind still spinning with different ways he could get back at Youngjae.

‘There has to be something, something that I can use as blackmail on the little twerp…’ 

Daehyun heard Youngjae’s door slam again as he went into his room, rolling his eyes at Youngjae’s tendencies. He tried to ignore all the shuffling he could hear from the other room, feeling so angry at Youngjae that every movement the other made somehow annoyed him. He was starting to contemplate on whether or not he could get away with beating Youngjae up, when a sound caught his attention. He looked up as he heard what sounded like a window being opened, panicking when he thought that maybe a burglar was trying to sneak into his window, when he noticed the his window was still closed.

‘That must be Youngjae’s window… but why is he opening it? It’s so hot outside, he going to let all the heat in…’ Daehyun brushed the thought away, not really caring on what Youngjae did at this point, when he heard a loud bang and the clang of metal. Daehyun jumped up, running to his own window to try to find out what was going on, when he saw someone dropping from the fire escape by Youngjae’s window before taking off. Daehyun’s eyes widened, and before he could stop himself, he was running to Youngjae’s room, banging on the door.

“Youngjae!!! Youngjae, are you in there!!!” Daehyun panicked when he didn’t hear a response, worry flowing through him.

‘Oh my god, what if that was a burglar, and he killed Youngjae before taking his things!!’ 

Daehyun jiggled the door handle, groaning in frustration when it wouldn’t turn. Out of patience, Daehyun stepped back before running forward, ramming the door open, stumbling into Youngjae’s room and looking around for the blonde frantically.

“Youngjae?!!” Daehyun’s heart raced painfully in his chest when Youngjae was no where to be seen, running up to the window and trying to figure out the situation. Scenarios of what could have happened ran through his mind, all of them including someone harming Youngjae in some way, when he noticed the multiple locks on the window.

‘They all open from the inside, and there’s no damage on the window, so there’s no way someone could have sneaked in here…’

Daehyun sighed in relief, running his shaking hands through his hair, when realization hit him like a truck.

‘So that means… Youngjae sneaked out?’ Daehyun couldn’t believe the thought at first, but it was the only explanation. Daehyun felt a dark grin make it’s way on his face, all worry for Youngjae gone and replaced with the need for payback. 

‘This is just perfect…’

Daehyun thought of ways he could use this newfound information, wondering if he should just go down to Youngjae’s parent’s room and tell them their son just sneaked out, but dismissed the idea, wanting to use the information as blackmail over Youngjae. 

Daehyun walked around Youngjae’s room, trying to think of things he could do, when he saw Youngjae’s laptop open. Daehyun grinned when he saw the laptop was unlocked, and looked through Youngjae’s browser history, thinking that maybe he could find out where Youngjae went, follow him, take a picture of him there, and use it as blackmail.

A page for directions to a small club caught Daehyun’s eye, and when Daehyun clicked on it, he was sure things had never fallen so perfectly into place as they did now.

“A strip club? Naughty Youngjae…” Daehyun grinned sadistically and ran to grab his phone before taking a picture of the directions to the club and sneaking out the window, careful to not make that much noise.

‘Looks like the tables are finally turned, Youngjae…’

______

afdsvsvsf to sleepy and braindead to continue please excuse me for this utter crap i’m sorry OTL

Also I have no idea what Youngjae's brother's name is, so I just picked a random one LOOOL