Love Burns.

Love Burns. (ONESHOT)

 

Seungri parked the car in front of the restaurant as he turned off the car he let out a deep breath and turn toward Ji-Yong. “Hyung…” He was about to lecture his leader again but stopped himself. Ji-Yong reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the wedding invitation.

 

You are invited to Seunghyun and Sandara’s wedding! Please save the date-“He stopped reading it; he couldn’t bare seeing anymore of it. He tossed it on the car floor and began to get out of the car, but he stopped and looked at Seungri for a moment. “Thank you…”

 

“You’re welcome.” Seungri mumbled as he leaned back in the driver’s seat still angry at him.

 

“Okay.” Ji-Yong shut the car door and walked into the restaurant. Seungri shifted forward and leaned on the driver’s wheel. He watched Ji-Yong go inside the place looking for Sandara. Seungri ran his fingers through his hair while letting out another deep breath.

 

“This is crazy…” He sighed and grabbed the invitation from the ground. He pulled out the card and held it between his fingers.

 

“Ji-Yong!” Sandara called from her empty table. “Over here! I ordered us some appetizers, Seung will be here soon.”

 

“Ahh that sounds great” Ji-Yong slightly smiled.  

 

“It’s been forever since we’ve been out for lunch like this” She smiled back. “But look at you! You’re all cleaned up- and you shaved” She poked his chin while giggling.

 

“Anything for you” He chuckled. “I’m sorry it’s been so long. I’ve been just been going through some crazy things lately-“

 

“No need to explain. I completely understand” She placed her hand on his shoulder. “Just remember I’m always here for you.” Ji-Yong closed his eyes for moment trying to find the courage to say his true feelings.

 

“I love you.” He whispered.

 

“And I love you to-“

 

“No I love you. I’ve always loved you Dara…” He grabbed her hands. “I loved you since the first day we met.”

 

“Ji-Yong.” She gasped.

 

“I don’t want you to marry him. I want you to run away with me. I want you…I want you so much…” He shook his head in embarrassment.


Seungri watched through the car window while Ji-Yong frantically begged for Sandara not to marry Seunghyun. Ji-Yong starred at Dara as she looked away from him. “So what do you think?” Ji-Yong looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

“It’s not what I expected…” She whispered trying to hold back tears. Ji-Yong crossed his arms and let out a long sigh. He stood up from his chair and began to walk away. But he paused for a moment and turned back toward her.

 

“Are you sure?” He smiled in pain.

 

She didn’t respond so he continued leaving.

 

“Ah Ji-Yong!” Seunghyun walked into the restaurant smiling at Ji-Yong. “It’s been awhile-“

 

Ji-Yong just walked past him going straight to the car.

 

“Love…” Seungri murmured to him and flicked open his lighter he grabbed from his glove compartment. “…burns” He held the flame to the invitation and watched it burn slowly.

 

“Let’s go.” Ji-Yong chocked out before he began to break down in sobs.