Chapter 2

The Chocolate Coffee Cafe: BaekTao Side Story

Tao was lounging on his couch watching television when his phone started playing Sorry Sorry by Super Junior

"Yellow?" Tao said as he answered his phone.

"PURPLE!" Baekhyun replied enthusiastically.

"Hi Bacon!" Tao was happy to hear from him.

"So when is this date you mentioned?"

"Haha. I don't know. How about Friday at 8?"

"Sure! But you'll have to pick me up at The Cafe because that's when my shift ends."

"Ok, perfect!"

"I am really excited."

"BAEKHYUN! Get off the phone! You have orders to fill!" Baekhyun's manager, Suho, barked in the background.

"I gotta go. I'll see you Friday!"

"Alright. Bye Bacon."

As Tao hung up the phone, he smirked to himself. He had the perfect first date in mind. Tao has way of being romantic and intimate. He was going to show Baekhyun his secret place. The place Tao went when he needed to think and escape the harsh world. Sunset Avenue. 

On Friday, Tao met Baekhyun at The Chocolate Coffee Cafe at 8 o'clock pm on the dot. 

"Ready?" Tao asked.

"Yeppers! Are we walking?"

"Yes."

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asked sweetly.

"You'll see."

"Ugh! I hate surprises."

"Oh Bacon. You look very adorable tonight."

"Oh thanks. You're so sweet," Baekhyun blushed.

Tao grinned. "Aren't you going to compliment me?"

"Oh gee...ummmm...you look...very...handsome." Baekhyun stammered.

"Genuine response."

Baekhyun pouted.

"I'm just kidding Bacon. I know I look good." Tao said as he struck a manly pose.

They both cracked up laughing. 

As they strolled up to their street destination Baekhyun  stopped to read the sign.

"Sunset Avenue," He read aloud, "I thought this was abandoned?"

"It is. I found this place when I was only ten years old. I go here to think mostly but sometimes I come just to see the sunset."

The sun was getting ready to set just as the two came upon a beautiful set up. It was a blanket with candles and roses and wine.

The two sat down and watched the sunset.

"This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." Baekhyun admired.

"I know. Me too." Tao said as he moved his hand on top on Baekhyun's.

As Tao moves closer, Baekhyun's heart melts. The butterflies in his stomach are relentless.

"That was amazing. Wanna star gaze?" Tao asked.

"Yeah, sure!"

They lay back and look at the big sky above them.

"Its funny. We're so small. So irrelevant to the world. Everyone is." Tao says.

"Yeah, I guess. But you're not irrelevent. At least not to me."

"You know, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since we first met." Tao says.

"Me neither."

Tao turns to face Baekhyun. The way he's looking at him makes Baekhyun want to just melt into the ground.

Tao senses this. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm just so nervous," Baekhyun's voice is shaky.

"I am too," Tao says.

Minutes are passing and it feels like years until Tao slips Baekhyun's hands into his. 

"I really like you Bacon."

"I really like you too."

Tao moves closer and closer to Baekhyun's lips. The butterflies in his stomach seem to reproduce rapidly. Baekhyun closes his eyes. His whole body feels numb until Tao's lips are touching his. Baekhyun's whole body is recharged. The butterflies are gone. All he is focusing on is the touch of Tao's lips against his. So gentle, yet so firm and passionate.

The perfect first kiss on the perfect first date.