Chapter 5

The Chocolate Coffee Cafe: BaekTao Side Story

 

A/N: I know I'm a bit late on the update! Sorry! But here it is! Enjoy!
-------
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun tossed and turned all night. His heart ached for Tao. He walked around like a zombie, not talking to anyone. When he did talk, it was about Tao and would always result in tears. Baekhyun didn't have an appetite and he dreaded being social. Which is why he did not want to hang out with Suho and D.O. They were the infamous Sudo and Baekhyun knew all he was going to be was a third wheel.
 
Ten a.m. rolled around slowly. Baekhyun got to The Chocolate Coffee Cafe a bit early. Four hours to be exact. He had nothing better to do.
 
Finally Suho and D.O. arrived. "Hey Baek!" D.O. greeted.
 
"How long have you been waiting?" Suho asked.
 
"Only a few minutes," Baekhyun replied.
 
"LIES!" D.O. and Suho yelled in unison.
 
"You have been sulking in self pity in this cafe for four frickin' hours," Suho says coldly.
 
"Whatever," Baekhyun mumbles.
 
"Hey!" D.O. grabs Baekhyun by his shoulders. "You gotta get out of this funk! It's ridiculous!"
 
"Screw you," Baekhyun says under his breath.
 
"What?" D.O. asks.
 
"I SAID SCREW YOU! I miss Tao okay? I miss him so much it hurts! You would be the same if Suho was away! Seeing you two together all the time..." Baekhyun trails off.
 
"Is that what your mood is about?" Suho asks.
 
"Not just missing Tao but seeing loved up couples everywhere you turn," D.O. interjects.
 
Baekhyun sighs as tears stroll down his face. "Yes. I just...miss him so much."
 
D.O. and Suho exchange looks. 
 
"What was that for?" 
 
"What?" Suho asks.
 
"The look you just gave to D.O."
 
"Uh..." Suho scratches the back of his neck.
 
"We should get going! We have a fun day ahead of us!" D.O. saves Suho.
 
"Thank you," Suho mouthed. D.O. just stared at him with beady eyes warning him: If you screw this up, so help me God, I will shave your head while you're sleeping.
 
Baekhyun, Suho and D.O. are riding in  the car. Suho driving, D.O. in the passenger seat singing along to the radio and Baekhyun sulking in the back.
 
"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asks annoyed.
 
"You'll see!" Suho shouts over the radio.
 
"Ugh! How much longer?"
 
"We're almost there!" Suho replies.
 
"SHUT UP! I'm trying to listen to music!" D.O. yells.
 
After two more songs, the car finally comes to a stop.
 
"The mall? Really? This is your idea of a vacation day?" Baekhyun asks.
 
"Hey! It'll be fun!" Suho assures Baekhyun.
 
The three get out of the car and walk into the mall. 
 
"Let's eat first," D.O. suggests.
 
Suho, D.O. and Baekhyun head to the food court and order pizza.
 
"Whoa! It's so big!" D.O. admired the pizza slice bigger than his head.
 
"Haha! How are we gonna eat all this?" Baekhyun asks.
 
"Dig in!" Suho says.
 
After 15 minutes of stuffing their face, the boys are finally too full to eat another bite. 
 
"Ugh! I think I might go into a food coma," Baekhyun sighs.
 
"No! Must. Shop." D.O. stands up and brings the trays to the garbage can. "Come on guys!" He calls after the half dead Suho and Baekhyun.
 
The two slowly stand up and walk over to D.O.
 
"Where to first?" D.O. asks. 
 
"Let's just walk around," Suho suggests.
 
An hour passes. Suho has about 19 bags in his hands. 18 of them belong to D.O.
 
"Thanks for carrying my bags!" D.O. says while making out with Suho's cheek.
 
Baekhyun bursts out laughing. "You look like a dog!"
 
D.O. and Suho join Baekhyun's laughter. They walk through the mall practically falling over from laughing.
 
Suddenly, Baekhyun's face drops and he stops walking.
 
"Hey, what happened?" Suho asks. Baekhyun just stares.
 
Suho and D.O. look to where Baekhyun is staring and their faces drop as well.
 
A Gucci store. Tao's favorite.
 
Baekhyun turns around. "Let's leave," he mumbles with a tear gently falling from his eye.
 
"Ok."
 
With that, the three leave the mall.
 
Riding in the car, Baekhyun sits glumly in the back seat with his face in his hands.
 
He thinks back to his and Tao's first date. The perfect kiss they shared and the kisses after that.
 
Baekhyun's thoughts get interrupted by Suho and D.O. slamming the car door. "Baekhyun! Come on! We're here," Suho calls.
 
Baekhyun lifts his head from his hands to see a large building with a neon sign on the front. It read: FunZone- Bowling and Laser Tag.
 
Baekhyun hopped out of the car faster than the speed of light. "Woohoo!" He whooped. "I am a boss at laser tag!"
 
D.O. and Suho exchanged happy glances. This was gonna be fun.
-----
 
It was dark in the room. Baekhyun was pumping his gun ready to dominate everyone else in the room. A radio like voice came on the overhead. "Welcome to FunZone Laser Tag! Here are the rules: No running! No physical contact! Once you're dead, you are dead! 1! 2! 3! GO!"
 
Neon lights come on, illuminated the space around Baekhyun and the other players. Players start running and shooting each other. Baekhyun uses his ninja skills to hide from the other players.
 
After about an hour of intense play, there are two players left. Suho and Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun hops from barrier to barrier. Suho looks around, confused.
 
Baekhyun gets ready to attack.
 
Time to end this!
 
"Ahhhh!!!" Baekhyun jumps out from the barrier he was hiding behind and shoots Suho.
 
Before Suho can react, his gun dies and the lights in his suit go off signaling that he's dead.
 
"YES!!!! I AM THE WINNER!!!" Baekhyun screams.
 
The players exit the playing ground and in the lobby they are greeted by the man with the radio voice. "Congrats Baekhyun! Here's your prize!"
 
The man hands Baekhyun an engraved metal that says, "1st place ninja."
 
"Thanks!"
 
D.O. and Suho run up to Baekhyun. "LET ME SEE!!!" D.O. yells. "It's so cool!"
 
Suho stands behind them and chuckle at their childish antics. "Alright, it's almost sunset. Let's go."
 
"Woohoo! One more destination!"
 
"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asks happily.
 
"Someone is in a better mood," Suho assumes.
 
"Yeah, I am!"
 
"Good. Let's go!"
 
After about 30 minutes in the car, the boys arrive at their final destination. 
 
Cherry Blossom Trails.
 
Somewhere Baekhyun has always wanted to go with Tao.
 
He sighs. "You guys go ahead. I'm gonna head home."
 
"Are you sure?" Suho asks.
 
"Yeah. I'm pretty tired."
 
"Ok. Can you stop by the cafe before you go home? There's a new employee and I won't be there to help him close up."
 
"Ok. Sure."
 
Baekhyun walks to the bus stop and pulls out his phone.
 
Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.
 
"Hey! This is Tao! I can't come..."
 
Baekhyun hangs up and furiously stuffs his phone back in his pocket.
 
Tao always answers his phone when he calls.
 
The bus comes and Baekhyun gets on putting a couple bucks in the fare slot and telling the driver his destination.
 
He finds a empty seat in the back and rests his head against the cool window. 
 
After about 15 minutes on the loud and crowded bus, the bus reaches the cafe. 
 
He gets off and looks into the cafe. It's empty except for the new employee behind the counter. His back is facing towards Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun enters the cafe. "Hey. I'm here to help close up." 
 
"Are you? I didn't know anyone was coming," the boy replies.
 
His voice reminds Baekhyun of Tao's."Yeah. So did you clean up?"
 
The man slowly turns around. "Nope. I thought we could clean it up together."
 
Baekhyun's stomach drops and his heart disintegrates in his body. "Tao?" he chokes out.
 
All Tao does is bite his cheek trying to hide his happiness.
 
"TAO!!!!!" Baekhyun screams at the top of his lungs and starts charging towards Tao. He jumps over the counter and into Tao's arms.
 
They hug each other so tight, neither of them can breathe but they don't care.
 
"When did you get back?"
 
"Today," Tao replies.
 
"H-how?"
 
"Suho and D.O. It was time I came back."
 
Baekhyun and Tao pull apart and look deeply into each other's eyes.
 
Tao grabs Baekhyun's chin and pulls their lips together. Tao Baekhyun's bottom lip, pleading him to open his mouth. Baekhyun does just that and Tao wastes no time slipping his tongue inside. Their tongues dance together, neither one fighting for dominance. They were one.
 
Tao pulls away to take a breath.
 
"You have no clue how long I have been waiting for that," Baekhyun breathes out.
 
"I love you so much Baekhyun. So much. There's no way I can express how much love I have for you."
 
Tao waits for Baekhyun's reply. Baekhyun only stands in front of him with the most iest smirk Tao has ever seen. Baekhyun brings his lips to Tao's ear and gently his earlobe. This sends shivers down Tao's spine. He is still waiting for Baekhyun to tell him he loves him. 
 
"Do you love me?" Tao asks.
 
"Take me to your place and I'll show you how much I love you."
------
 
 
 
A/N: Yay! Tao is back!!!
Promise for next chapter: BAEKTAO !!!!!