Chapter 1

The Chocolate Coffee Cafe: BaekTao Side Story

 

Baekhyun had been working at the Chocolate Coffee Café for a few months. He’d heard about the legend many times before he set foot in the café. Baekhyun was ready for love but he never expecting it to take this long. Every time someone entered The Café he greeted them casually and took their order. No one ever caught his eye. Except now.
 
The door flew open sending a blast of warm air into the cool coffee shop. In the doorway stood Tao. The sun defined Tao’s silhouette.
 
“He looks like an angel,” Baekhyun mumbled.
 
“Uh…hi…I’m…Bacon. I mean Baekhyun,” he stammered. 
 
“Nice to meet you Bacon,” Tao chuckled.
 
“It’s Baekhyun,” he pouted.
 
“Hey…you’re kind of cute when you pout,” Tao said.
 
Baekhyun blushed. He was feeling something in the pit of his stomach. He didn’t know how to explain what it was, but he liked it.
 
“I’m Tao by the way.”
 
“Nice to meet you Tao. Can I take your order?” Baekhyun replied.
 
“Can I get a chocolate chip cappuccino please?” Tao replied.
 
“Of course. That’ll be two thousand won.”
 
“Ok and can I get a side of bacon with that?”
 
Baekhyun froze.
 
“Haha. Just kidding,” Tao giggled.
 
A few hours later, after Tao ordered seven more drinks, it was time for him to leave. But he didn’t want to end the conversation he had been having with Baekhyun. In two hours, they covered favorite colors, movies, music, hobbies, childhood memories and the future. Baekhyun was even getting used to Tao calling him Bacon.
 
“Bacon, I have to go.” Tao frowned.
 
“Awwww,” Baekhyun whined.
 
“I don’t want to go,” Tao said.
 
“I don’t want you to go,” Baekhyun replied.
 
“Hey would you maybe…uhh…want to…sometime…you know…go on a date…with me,” Tao struggled to get the words out.
 
“YES!” Baekhyun squealed.
 
“Haha. Well here’s my number. Text me soon,” Tao anxiously wrote his number down.
 
“Ok. I will! Goodbye Tao.”
 
Tao left The Café and Baekhyun missed him already. He got on with Tao so well. They were one and the same. They had so much in common. Baekhyun was in deep thought.
 
Tao could be the one. He is so adorable and he makes me melt. How am I going to get through our date when he looks at me like…like…
 
His thoughts are interrupted by his boss.
 
“Baekhyun! Get back to work! People are waiting.”
 
For the rest of the day, Baekhyun took and filled coffee orders like a zombie. His body was there but his mind was far off in TaoLand. He could not wait to text Tao and set up a date.
 
This is it. Baekhyun thought. My chance at love. Thank you Chocolate Coffee Café!
 
A/N: Sorry it took me so long to upload. I was lazy. Hope everyone enjoy's! Chapter 2 coming...eventually. :)