Chapter 2

The Break

 

You went back into your room and sat on your bed with your arms and legs crossed trying to wait patiently for him to explain. Gikwang stopped in your bedroom doorway leaning against it before taking off his hat and placing it on your dresser. He walked silently to the other side of your bed thinking of how he was going to tell you this, he continuously told himself that you would understand.. or at least he hoped you would understand. He swallowed hard sitting down avoiding your angry gaze that had been piercing him since he came in.
 
"I'm waiting." you said dryly.
 
Gikwang sighed, "We're gonna have to celebrate another time.." he stopped short thinking that that probably wasn't the best way to start this but since it already came out his mouth he decided to continue.
 
"I've been at the company all day going over preparations for a new sub-unit they're putting me in.."
 
His voice carried a tone you couldn't grasp and you eyed him suspiciously, "A sub-unit?" you questioned. A feeling washed over you as suddenly had a feeling you weren't going to like his partner.
 
"With Hyunseung?" you asked with obvious hope in your voice wishing he would say yes, but he just shook his head no.
 
Gikwang was starting to feel this wasn't going to go over well, he glanced at you and once again got lost in how beautiful you looked.. even with a angry and annoyed expression. He knew for sure if you were to smile you'd make his heart skip a beat. He bit his lip knowing you weren't going to be smiling after what he said.
 
"With who?" you questioned trying to keep yourself calm, you watched his face closely as he finally said the name. You felt your chest heave and your stomach drop, Naeun.
 
If there was anyone in this world who you absolutely couldn't stand it was Naeun. You've always felt like you've had to battle and compete with her ever since you and Gikwang started dating. Apparently Gikwang and Naeun were talking before he met you which would explain why the girl seems to have it out for you by being all over him whenever she got the chance. Even after a year's time of you and Gikwang dating that girl still found ways to get under your skin. It was already bad enough the public tend to ship them together and now they'll be sub unit!?
 
Even in your silence after hearing her name Gikwang could hear the wheels in your brain turning, he watched you waiting for a response.
 
"Why now? aren't you guys having a comeback soon? I don't get why they would put you in a sub unit like this.." 
 
Gikwang looked around room trying to make sure that he wasn't imagining you being this calm, since almost every time Naeun was brought up you would usually become a hostel .
 
"I'm not sure either.. but they already have everything planned, we are supposed to start promoting within a weeks time since its only a single." Gikwang made sure to put emphasis on the word 'only' to let you know that its not like they were doing a whole album or something.
 
You rolled your eyes dramatically and bit your tongue from saying something rude. Gikwang saw your displeased face and the guilt that already weighed on his chest became heavier. "Babe, I'm sorry.. I'll make it up to you."
 
He watched you with pleading eyes as you stood up and then sat down at your mirror dresser yanking off your bracelets. "Whatever Gikwang.."
 
"What are you doing?" he asked watching you struggle with an bracelet on your wrist.
 
"I'm.. getting.. undressed" you huffed trying to pull it off, "I mean, it's not like were doing anything or going anywhere now, right!?" you snapped. With a final hard tug the bracelet finally slipped off, but you had used so much force your hand rebound off your dresser breaking your pinky nail. 
 
"!" Your eyes instantly watered at the pain spreading throughout your hand, as an act of revenge you grabbed the bracelet throwing it across the room making it shatter against the wall.
 
Gikwang got up coming closer to you, "What happened?" he looked at you concerned.
 
You on your pinky as angry tears rolled down your cheek.
 
Gikwang reached out and grabbed your hand, "Lemme see.."
 
Annoyed and in pain you smacked his hand away from you, "No."
 
All of your emotions for the past 2 weeks started bubble inside of you, you didn't want to be angry with him because you knew it wasn't his fault but lately you had just been feeling as if you just weren't important to him. You were trying your best not to completely bite his head off for this but something about you breaking your nail, because you had to get undressed, because your anniversary has once again been postponed, because Gikwang had to now work with Naeun just made you completely lose it.
 
"I can't do this anymore.." You shook your head tears still falling from pain and now mixed emotions. Gikwang furrowed his eyebrows not understanding, "Do what?"
 
"This! This, Gikwang! Us! Me always waiting for you. It's like my life is always scheduled around yours.. You say your gonna make it up to me? When huh? 2 months from now! You never have time. We've been putting this off for 2 weeks now, 2 weeks! Our anniversary was last month! why are we even celebrating this late?.. I just want to have at least one thing normal between us, as a normal relationship like sending our first year anniversary together.. I didn't even see you the day of... I...I just don't feel important in your life anymore." You covered your eyes with a shaky hand after releasing so many pent up feelings.
 
Gikwang stared at you in silence, his heart aching. He knew your guys relationship was unfair at times but he had never seen you like this.. you looked you were in the mist of a break down. But he still couldn't help himself from feeling that you were being selfish. You knew what you signed up for when you guys started dating, and as of lately all you ever seem to do was nag and rarely took in the fact that almost everyday he is working his off and yet he still always creates time for you when he doesn't even have any. You spoke of you not being important in his life while now he felt like you weren't being supportive and understanding to his.
 
Gikwang stood up still hurt from your words, "I'm trying you know.. but if it's not good enough for you then maybe we should take a break." 
 
His words hit you like semi truck, you looked up at him wide eyed. "A break?" Yes, you were angry and you meant everything you said but you didn't want to take a break, God no. You knew you would be over this within a few days given time, you knew you would have forgiven him by the time you went to sleep tonight all simply because you loved him. But now he wants to take a break? You watched him stuck as he grabbed his his hat off your dresser putting it back on the walking towards your door.
 
"Where are you going.."
 
Gikwang looked back at but avoided direct eye contact, he didn't want your sad eyes soften his resolve. "I'm going home.. I have a long day tomorrow."
 
Tears welled your eyes again, what do I say.. I don't want this.
 
You let him walk out your room as you felt your heart shatter like the bracelet did against the wall. You sat there for second before rushing out to catch him in the walkway putting on his shoes. Gikwang made a mistake by looking right into your eyes when you appeared in front of him and he instantly questioned what he was doing, but he knew it was right.. he didn't want to hurt you like this anymore and with all these promotions and his comeback coming up he knew your guys time together would really be cut in half. 
 
"For how long.." were the only words you managed to get out, you kept telling yourself that he said a break. A break as in not a break up.. right?
 
Gikwang swallowed hard not really knowing the answer, he shrugged and stood back up after getting his shoes on.
 
He started towards your front door and everything in him wished you would protest out loud so he could turn back, but you watched him silently at lost for words. You felt like the best thing in your life was walking out, and it was all because you pushed him away.
 
Gikwang finally made his way out the door, "I'm sorry.." was the last thing you heard before it closed behind him.
 
 

​Tell me now please, did you like this part? Where you able to grasp the mixed and angry emotions.. I mean like was it detailed enough? Mhhmmm.. still not sure were I'm going with this but I think I have an idea. Comment please and tell me what you think! Thank you for reading! <333

​ps. I have nothing against Naeun.. lol A-Pink is on Cube though right? Haha