Chapter 5

The Break

 

Gikwang stood outside your apartment complex hesitant to open the the main door, "What am I doing?.." He backed up from the door glancing at his watch, She's probably sleep. Gikwang huffed and watched his breath form fog before looking at the clouded night sky. He paced back and forth not wanting to go home but not wanting to wake you up either.

After about 15 minutes of walking in the same pattern Gikwang found a bench to sit on, shoving his hands deep into his jacket and snuggling his face against the warmth of his scarf. "Its freezing tonight.." he mumbled. He stared down at the side walk getting lost in empty thoughts before a cold gust wind made him shiver and question why he was outside in the first place. He bit his lip remembering and went back to racking his brain for the right words. His biggest problem was that he really didn't know how to go about it because he didn't know your feelings towards him at the moment. Not knowing if you were upset, depressed or over it was giving him a difficult time putting together what to say. 

Gikwang looked up at your window and wished you didn't live on the 8th floor, for some reason his mind had this picture of him climbing through your window and kissing you on the forehead before he said something right out of a love movie making you forgive him instantly. Gikwang's eyes scaled the side the building while he absentmindedly thought of how he could use the balconies to climb up to yours. His image of this soon shattered when he came back to reality thinking of how ridiculous he was being.There is an elevator for a reason, his logical side told him.

________

 

You tossed and turned in bed not being able to sleep any longer, it was like Gikwang and Naeun followed you from their performance to your dreams. You sat up in the your bed angry, restless and thirsty. You looked around your room in the dark with a scowl on your face realizing how screwed you were at the moment. You had went to sleep much earlier than you usually do and thanks to Gikwang and Naeun's visit to your dreamland you were now going to be up for the rest of the night. 

You fell back down onto your bed trying to cool your nerves but the same clip from your dream kept repeating in your head. You squirmed kicking your cover off of you with anger as the nightmare image of Gikwang and Naeun making out plagued your mind.

It was just a dream.. You told yourself. "But it was SO real!" you argued. You brain played the clip back again on cue showing an alternate ending to their performance. Naeun's arms locked around Gikwang's neck and his around her waist and right as the music ended their lips met in a long slow motion passionate kiss. You blooded boiled as you stared at your ceiling with the intention of blowing it up. 

You stayed that way for maybe another 5 minutes before you sided with reality and calmed down. You grabbed your laptop from under your bed and quickly signed in heading straight towards YouTube. You knew the kiss didn't happen but re-watching to make sure it really didn't wouldn't hurt right?

Putting the video on full screen you leaned back against your headboard waiting for it to start. The moment you saw Gikwang your heart melted, you had almost forgot just how y he was tonight. You sighed as your mood quickly changed to depressed  when you glanced at the empty side of your bed. You pulled your eyes away from the emptiness and back to your computer screen only to be shocked by Gikwang reveling his abs. You covered your face keeping in a fangirl cry. "I forgot about that part.." 

You rewind it a few times driving yourself crazy, you shook your head with a slight smirk on your face. "Oh Gikwang.." You mused. You paused the video with perfect timing before Naeun came on stage. "I know you didn't kiss her.." you told your computer screen before getting up to go get something to drink.

________

 

his lips Gikwang stood up from the bench not being able to take the cold anymore, he couldn't feel his toes, fingers or cheeks. He stared at the sky and asking God for a sign of what to do. He waited not receiving anything and dropped his head with a sigh, "Guess I'll go home." he concluded. He took one last look at he windows to your apartment almost with puppy dog eyes willing for something to happen but not knowing what. 

A light came on the moment Gikwang was about to turn and leave, he stared at it in disbelief and recounted the floors to make sure it was yours. The light was bright and he knew right away that you were in the kitchen.He watched carefully as he saw a glimpse of your silhouette before the light went out again. Gikwang assumed you went back into your room and right on cue of his thought a dim light loomed from your bedroom window, it was flashy and inconsistent. "She's watching TV.. "

Gikwang grabbed his phone to call you feeling a little more at ease knowing you were up. He didn't want to just barge into your apartment at this time of night and thought it would be better to deal with you from a distance if you were angry. He looked to the sky with thanking eyes before using his frozen fingers to deal your number.

Gikwang smiled waiting for you to answer when the light in your room , She never knows where her phone is at night. He saw your shadow dart across the window and he could picture you searching franticly for it.

 

"Hello" 

 

Your voice sent a wave of warmth through Gikwang's cold body, you sounded calm and slightly out of breath.

"Hello.."  Gikwang answered, as everything he wanted to say to you completely vanished from his mind.

 "Gikwang.." you questioned dazed. 

"..What, did you delete my number?" 

You shook your head no only to make contact with a bar under your bed. ".. aishh!" you hissed looking at all the junk under your bed then wondering how your phone got there in the first place. Gikwang called your name hearing your distress not sure if it was towards him or not.

"No.. I didn't look to see who was calling.." you lied. You knew it was him but you just couldn't believe it.

"Were you sleep?" Gikwang waited to see if you were going to lie or not.

"Mhhmm yah.." You suddenly made your voice drowsy and fake yawned.

Gikwang couldn't help but laugh at your attempt of your 'You just woke me up' voice.

"Stop lying."

"I'm not!" You protested.

"You never answer your phone when your sleep." 

You sighed, "So.... What do you want anyways?" you now annoyed that he called you out on your lie.

"Nothing.."

"Nothing?" You questioned. "Gikwang its 2am. What's wrong?" 

Gikwang smiled seeing as how you went from annoyed to concerned so quickly. "A lot..." he started.

You didn't know why Gikwang was calling you or why he was talking so weird but you were willing to listen to him if he just needed someone to vent to after having a rough day.

"Well.. What's wrong?" 

Gikwang's heart swelled hearing you on the other end ready to be there for him, he mentally scolded himself on asking for a break from a girlfriend like you.

"Its just been a long week or so.. I'm just.. tired."

You pouted hearing him in stress, "Then you should be sleep right now ba-.." You stopped yourself from calling him babe not knowing if this was a make up call or not, you bit you lip annoyed with your loose tongue. You didn't want him thinking that you were getting the wrong impression of his want to talk to you.

"What?" Gikwang sat back down on the bench plugging his earphones in so he didn't have to hold his phone up.

"If your tired, then you should probably be sleep.."

"That's the problem, I've been restless lately." Gikwang took a breath still trying to adjust to the cold.

"You and me both." you answered.

Gikwang wondered if you had been restless because of him and felt bad, "What are you doing?"

You looked at a old teddy bear, "Chilling under my bed.." You reached out and grabbed it to use as a pillow.

Gikwang laughed, "Is that were you found your phone?"

You smiled in response, "Yup.. I never realized how much stuff is under here till now" you mused.

"Like a whole new world huh?" Gikwang joked causing you both to laugh before a awkward silence settled between you two.

"I watched your stage tonight" you said without thinking. Gikwang cringed at your words wondering if that subject will take this neutral conversation down hill.

"Ohh.." was all he could get out in response.

"I actually watched it a few times, I liked it." you stated as a matter of fact.

Gikwang's eyes widened, "Really?" 

"Yah, you guys should really win with it." You were telling the truth, even though you hated Naeun you couldn't deny the fact that both songs were great.

"Wow, thanks.." Gikwang said a little shocked.

"Let it snow~... Let it snow~..." You closed your eyes and started singing the song but then forgot the words and began humming. Gikwang laughed at your cuteness, "You like that song more?" 

You nodded, "Yeah.." 

Standing up Gikwang cleared his throat and started to sing the rest while heading towards the door. You were completely silent on the other end and he could envision you listening intently under your bed making him smile. He got in the elevator raising his voice loud enough to cover the 'ding' it makes when the doors open. As he got half way through the song he began to realize just how much the lyrics went perfectly to his situation and started to sing it a little more enthusiastically coating his voice with a even more ier tone getting into his falsetto stepping out the elevator on your floor.

He stood in front of your door bringing the song to an end then calling your name.

You opened your eyes a little mad the song was over, "Ye-.." You stopped after hearing a knock on your door. You came from under your bed narrowing your eyes down your hall, "Hold on.."

You stood up making your way through your apartment to your front door peeking out the peek hole but you couldn't really see anything but a black beanie since the person had their head down, "Gikwang.. someone is at my door.." you whispered.

Gikwang furrowed his brows looking both ways down the hall then back up at your peek hole with a confused face.

You gasped seeing his big brown eyes and hurriedly unlocked your door,

"Gikwang what are you--"

He cut you off, "I'm sorry."

You stopped and looked at him dumbfounded before he continued "I've realized my week has been so long and rough because I haven't talked to you.. I don't know  why I asked for break that night. I was being selfish. I didn't even tell you how gorgeous you looked and I ruined our anniversary. You had every right to be upset.. I just should have dealt with it instead of walking away." Gikwang sniffled some, his nose becoming runny after sitting outside in the cold for so long.

You eyes scanned his face and it was evident he had been outside for a while, "Gikwang.." His nose, cheeks and ears where a bright red. 

"I don't want to be on this break anymore.." He sniffed again and your heart just exploded with overwhelming feelings, he just looked so cute and helpless you could almost cry.

"It was my fault too you know, I shouldn't have reacted that way.." You stepped aside letting him in.

Gikwang came in still sniffling, your eyes saddened as you reached up cupping his face in your hands and Gikwang leaned into your warmth. You were shocked by how cold he was, "How long have you been outside!?" you asked alarmed.

Gikwang stared into your eyes wrinkling his nose, "That doesn't matter.."

"Yah it does! Gikwang you could get sick!" You pressed your warm hands against his cheeks harder, "Your freaking crazy, why didn't you just come up--"

You were cut off but his ice cold lips meeting yours, he took you by surprise moving closer against you pressing his cold body on you instantly causing goosebumps to rise on your skin. He pulled away from you for a second before whispering against your lips, "I love you."

"I love you too.... but we gotta get you warm." You said seriously.

Gikwang laughed before wrinkling his nose again, "I have an idea.."

You smirked turning away walking towards your bedroom, "Oh really?" you asked sarcastically turning on your heater.

Gikwang smiled brightly at you, "You know they say body heat is the best right?" 

You laughed walking into your room as Gikwang followed shutting the door.

 

 

&&& I finished it! I know a few of you are probably like "but wait... the scene!" I'm sorry lol. If it makes you feel any better my next story will be a Minho ! ;D Anyways COMMENT please! I really love to know what my readers are thinking! btw.. My B2UTY readers! how freaking excited were you when their teaser came out last night!? Oh man, I totally spazzed. <333 Thank you for reading! look forword to my Minho one in the future! <333