The Play

The Things I Should Have Said

"What's wrong Sica?" Sooyoung asked, noticing the girls expression.

"D-did you see the role you got?" Jessica asked, looking up at the younger girl.

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. "No. Wae?" She grabbed the paper from her desk and searched or her name.  Her eyes widened as she saw the same thing as Jessica.

Seeing the reaction the girls all looked at their papers as responded in unison. "Sooyoung is Romeo?!"

"Don't be shocked since none of the boys didn't want to audition." The teacher explained. "So, the staff and I just vote through the people that auditioned."

"Well, I'll be leaving now." Jessica said, grabbing her bag and leaving hastily.

The girls all looked at each other in confusion. Sooyoung grabbed her bag and followed the brunette without saying a word.

"Sica," Sooyoung called as she caught up to the brunette at the school gates. "Why'd you run out like that?"

"Soo, just leave me alone." Jessica said in an icy tone.

"Is it because I'm playing Romeo?" Sooyoung asked, worried.

"It doesn't matter to me." Jessica said, se quickened her pace to hide her blush from the younger girl. "Why do you think that would bother me?"

"Well, because...you don't like me." Sooyoung said, sadly.

Jessica stopped walking, catching the latter off guard. She quickly turned to face the younger girl with a serious face. "Sooyoung, I said it doesn't matter, okay?" She stared directly into Sooyoung's eyes. "Now just leave me alone please."

Jessica turned around and continued walking home, leaving Sooyoung stunned in place. She frowned then turned to make her way to the bus stop.

The next day, the cast for the play stayed behind to practice as a group. The whole day Jessica had not said a word to Sooyoung, which caused the younger girl to avoid the brunette while they were waiting for the teacher.

"Sooyoung, why don't you go talk to her?" Hyomin asked, noticing Sooyoung just sitting down. "You guys can't be on bad terms if you both have a lead role."

"I know..." Sooyoung said, sadly.

"Just go talk to her." The girl sitting next to Hyomin said. "I'm sure she'll talk to you."

Sooyoung frowned. She got up and walked over to the brunette, who was sitting with her friends. Jessica didn't bother to look up at the younger girl but she knew she was there.

"A-are you mad at me Sica?" Sooyoung asked, timidly.

Jessica sighed. "No. I'm not." She looked up to see Sooyoung with water-filled eyes. Jessica let out another sigh and got up to hug the younger girl. "You don't have to cry."

Sooyoung sniffed. "I'm not crying." She wiped the years that were about to fall from her eyes. "I just have allergies. It's very dusty in here you know."

Jessica snickered as she released the hug. "Whatever you say."

Sooyoung gave Jessica a serious look. "I mean it." Jessica just smiled.

When the teacher walked in, she didn't go unnoticed. She wore brightly colored clothes and her hair reached down to her shoulders and put up in the center.

"I'll be your supervisor for the play." She said with a smile. "My name is Ms. Park but you girls can call me Dara."

The girls all greeted the women with a smile. She made her way onto the stage, she looked around then clapped her hands.

"So, what are we doing today?" Jessica asked, her icy tone was noticeable to everyone else in the room.

"Well, Miss Juliette," Dara said, jumping of the stage. "Today, we will be getting to know each other."

"Jinjja?" Taeyeon asked, tilting her head. "We kind of already know each other."

"Do you? Do you really?" Dara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah. We are in the same grade." Sunny said. "We've been in the same class at least once."

"Well that's good or you." Dara said. "But I don't care if you've met before we are going to do this for a reason."

All the girls let out a groan.

The practice time went by fast and they had gotten most of the set finished.

"Okay, we're done for today." Dara said clapping her hands with a smile.

"Finally." Jessica said, sitting back in a chair. "So we can go home now."

"Well actually, I was hoping that you a Sooyoung could stay back for a little while." Dara said. "I can ask my girlfriend if we can drop you two home."

"Um... I...I don't know." Jessica said. She didn't fully agree with the idea of staying with the woman.

"I'll stay if Sica stays." Sooyoung said, causing the brunette to look at her in shock.

"Well, what do you say Miss Juliette?" Dara asked. She and Sooyoung both wore pleading expressions.

Jessica let out a sigh. "Fine."

After about an hour of talking over the main scenes between Romeo and Juliet, a woman with long blonde hair walked into the auditorium. She wore leather clothes and sunglasses.

"Dara, you ready to go?" She asked.

"Oh. Chaerin, do you mind dropping these two girls home?" Dara asked, running up to the woman. "I wanted to help them a little more with their scenes that's why."

The woman smiled. "Sure I don't mind." She walked up to the two girls. "I'm CL. Don't worry, I'm not a strange as my girlfiend."

"Nice to meet you." Sooyoung said, bowing. "I'm Sooyoung and that is Jessica."

-I-I-I-I-I-

It was the night of the play. Everyone had worked hard on the set as well as memorizing their lines. Both Sooyoung and Jessica were anxious. They hadn't really practiced the kissing scenes, which made Sooyoung worried.

"Don't forget you two." Dara whispered into their ears. "The kiss has to be real now."

Sooyoung and Jessica's eyes widened with shock. They looked at each other then looked away.

"W-why does it have to be real now?" Sooyoung asked.

"Because THAT is real acting." Dara said, making a dramatic hand motion.

As the play began, everyone seemed to enjoy the show. They also didn't seem to have any protests to having two girls playing the lead roles.

It was finally time for the big moment. Sooyoung and Jessica were both nervous.

-----Sooyoung's POV-----

Oh boy. This is going to be a tough thing to do. I just gotta keep calm.

"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take." I said as calmly as I could.

Jessica and I leaned in slowly but I hesitated. I can't do this, it may just be acting but I don't want this to be how our first kiss happens.

Sensing my hesitation, Jessica quickly leaned closer and our lips met. I immediately felt sparks as my lips met hers.

The kiss only lasted a couple of seconds but it felt like time had stopped, and I could tell she felt the same way.

"Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged." I said, as we stared into each other's eyes.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took." Jessica said, gaining her composure quickly.

-----End Sooyoung's POV-----

-----Jessica's POV-----

It was the final scene. The scene where Sooyoung and I have our final kiss and where we die.

I don't know what made me kiss her during act one but I did it anyway.

"O true apothecary!" Sooyoung began. "Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die." She leaned over me an planted a quick kiss on my lips.

After the first kiss- that I initiated- she seemed to have calmed down enough to stay in character and kiss me. As Romeo and Juliette of course.

The scene went by fast with Hyomin as Friar Laurence speaking as quickly as she did. The crowd seemed to find it comical.

-----End Jessica's POV-----

"Yea, noise? Then I'll be brief. O happy dagger!" Jessica said as she took the wooden dagger from Sooyoung's belt. "This is thy sheath." She stabbed herself with the dagger then continued her lines. "there rust, and let me die." She dropped onto Sooyoung, causing the latter to let out a grunt.

After the play, the girls were showered with leis and bouquets. Sooyoung struggled to find Jessica amongst the crowd, but found her talking with her parents and sister.

"Good job out there, Sooyoung." Mrs. Jung said with a smile.

Sooyoung bowed. "Thank you." She then turned to Jessica. "You did a great job."

"You did a great job too, Romeo." Jessica smiled, nudging the younger girl playfully.

"There you are Sooyoung." Soojin said, she was wearing a big smile as she squeeze through the crowd and hugged her sister. "You did great! I'm do proud of you!"

"Soojin~" Sooyoung said, her face reddening from embarrassment.

"You did great too, Jessica." Soojin said with a smile.

Jessica bowed with a smile. "Thank you."

"Fantastic job with the play you two." Dara said, appearing behind the two with CL next to her. "So proud of you guys."

"Sica, Sooyoung," Taeyeon called as she emerged from the crowd of people. "Do you guys and your families want to come eat dinner at Sunny's mom's restaurant?"

Jessica looked at her parents then back at Taeyeon. "Sure, we're in."

Sooyoung looked at her sister. "Can we go unnie?"

"You can go on ahead." Soojin said with a smile. "I have to bring my friend home." Sooyoung just smiled and nodded.

"It's going to be just me." Sooyoung said, as she turned to look at Jessica.

Taeyeon nodded and smiled. "Assa!"

Jessica and Sooyoung both laughed as they shook their heads at the older girl's childish nature.

Krystal went up to her sister and tugged at her shirt. "Unnie."

"Yes Krys?" Jessica asked, leaning closer to the younger girl.

"She's the one you like right?" Krystal asked, bluntly.

Jessica's face reddened as she heard her sister's assumption. "W-what? No. Of course not."

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say."

"I'm serious." Jessica whispered, angrily. "I don't like her." Krystal just stuck her tongue out at the older girl.

"Yah!" Jessica exclaimed as she began to run after the younger girl. "I'm going to get you!"

Sooyoung just smiled as she watched the brunette chase the little girl. Hyomin came up to her and patted her back with a smile.

"So, how was the kiss?" Hyomin asked, she had a mischievous smirk on.

Sooyoung's face reddened at the girl's question. "I don't have to answer that."

"I know." Hyomin said, patting the younger girl's head. "Your face said it all." Sooyoung pouted as she covered her cheeks with her hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers and friends~

So, here's the update for today before I leave for "work".

I would've had it posted sooner but I was very busy yesterday with school stuff. (Boo school stuff!)

Anyway, Hope you guys liked it.

tell me what you guys though in the comments please~

Your busy author,

Kirakai