Raw Love

My Kareshi And I.

"Yah, Ryoko ah! Where are you going?" 

 

You pushed past Chanyeol and the rest and out of the house. The loud music was too much and you're getting a major headache. Your hands clutched the sling of your bag tightly as you walked into the cold empty street. Your feet just couldn't stop. You kept walking at a fast pace, leaving the other oppas behind in that house you wanted to leave so badly. Leaving behind something you hated so much, and someone you love. Your tears kept pouring non-stop you had to keep wiping them away with the back of your hand so that you'd see where you were going. *Why does it hurt so much?* You ask yourself and lightly hit your chest with your fist out of frustration. The image of them kissing, the image you wanted so badly to erase kept coming back. *Maybe he's fallen for her. Is that why he didn't want to stop all this?*

 

 

You legs started to give way and by the time you stopped to rest, you realized where you were. At the top of the hill. It's as though your heart knew what you needed, so it brought you here. The tears stopped but now you had a runny nose and your eyes were puffy. You took a seat on the bench and let out a sigh as the cool night breeze passes by. Blisters were on your feet so you took off your shoes and let your toes feel the earth beneath. Surprisingly, it made you feel better. With the beautiful view of the city below, and the sounds of crickets in the background, you forgot about what happened for a while. Even though you could still feel a little pain. At that moment, your phone buzzed and you checked the caller ID. It was D.O. You didn't feel like talking to anyone at that time so you just ignored it. *At least I shouldn't make them worry.* You told yourself as you got up and made your way back with bare feet. 

 

 

As you walked outside your house, the lights were on. *They must've been waiting for me.* You took a deep breath and sighed, prepared to get bombarded with questions from the guys. You opened the door and instead of seeing angry faces, you saw Suho. "O-oppa? What are you-" "My baby!" Your eyes widened as you heard a familiar voice coming from behind him. It was your mother's. She rushed to you and enveloped you in a tight hug. she smelled of dandelions, and soap. Oh how you missed that scent of hers. But at the same time, you were confused. Were you just imagining things? Why is your mother here in Korea when she should be in Hong Kong? Your mother broke the hug and her face was now stained with tears. "How are you doing? Omo, why are your eyes red? Did something happen?" You couldn't helped but chuckle and shook your head before hugging your mother again. All you needed was a hug from your mother. She'll make the pain go away. Just like always. 

 

 

After all that commotion passed and you greeted your dad who had been waiting behind your mother and you didn't notice him until a few minutes ago, the four of you, including Suho sat in the living room. Suho served them tea and sat awkwardly across them. You sat in between your parents and your mother never let go of your hand. She kept commenting on how swollen your eyes were but you kept saying that it was nothing and that you just weren't feeling so well. Your dad cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. You then realized that your dad couldn't really understand Korean and decided to introduce Suho to him. "Papa, this is-" "I know. He's your cousin." Your dad cut you off. He sounded a little upset and Suho just smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. Your mother then whispered to you. "I may have forgotten to tell your Dad that Suho is a boy." She looked at you apologetically. You nodded and glanced at your dad. "Mama, Papa, will you give us a moment?" You smiled sweetly at your parents before quickly standing up and pulled Suho into the kitchen with you.

 

 

"Thanks. I really needed to escape that awkward atmosphere. Is your dad okay? He kept giving me looks and if looks could kill..." You placed your finger on his lips to stop him from talking and looked out of the kitchen to check if the coast was clear. "Oppa, did you tell them about the others? Actually, I didn't tell them about the other oppas yet." You smiled cheekily. Suho chuckled and flicked your forehead. "Of course I didn't silly. After seeing how your dad kept looking at me, you'd think I would?" You sighed with relief and felt thankful that your cousin was the smart Suho. The two of then went back outside while you brought some light snacks to avoid any suspicion from your parents. just as you placed the tray of snacks on the coffee table, your dad spoke. "Ryoko ah, I think we should tell you why you're here." He said in a serious tone, which was worrying because it's rare for your dad to be so serious. Especially towards you. The day when he announced you were moving to Korea, he came home with new clothes and shoes for you to bring to Korea. 

 

 

You nodded and felt nervous. *Please don't tell me what I think it is.* You thought to yourself. Your dad glanced at your mother and she nodded for him to proceed while she reaches out for your hand. Suho, who was sitting right across, was observing and trying to understand as much as he can since your parents have been speaking in Japanese. Your dad cleared his throat before continuing. "Your mother and I have decided to find a place to stay here." You stared at your dad's face. *Wait what? Stay here? But I thought they were going to send me back to Japan.* "E-eh? Like, stay STAY here?" Your mother smiled and you and patted your hand. "It's just temporary my dear. We just feel so bad for leaving you alone for long so we decided to come here and find a temporary place to stay." Your dad nodded. "Besides, I don't really like the idea of you staying here with...your cousin." He mumbled the last part and stole a glance at Suho who was awkwardly fidgeting in his seat. "Besides, your mother didn't tell me Suho was a guy's name." Your mother clicked her tongue and looked at your dad. "I didn't think it was important. Besides, he's family and our Ryoko's a big girl now." Your dad shot her a look. "That's exactly my point." 

 

 

"But have you guys found a house yet? What about your stuff? Your clothes? Are you sure?" You parents smiled at you. Oh how they've missed your voice, your face. Being away too long from their only daughter pains them. Plus with the problems their company was facing, they've lost a lot of weight, the usual tint of pink on their cheeks almost gone and new wrinkle lines had appeared on their forehead. And you noticed all that. You noticed how old your parents looked, and how tired they were. Oh how you wished it all didn't happen. But at the same time, if it didn't, you wouldn't have met your wonderful cousin. You wouldn't have met the guys. You wouldn't have met Hae Ra. And lastly, you wouldn't have met and fallen in love with Baekhyun. You suddenly remembered what happened earlier and the familiar ache in your heart came back. You shook those thoughts away. You're finally clear of your feelings towards him. But you didn't know realizing would mean getting hurt more. 

 

 

"We've actually shipped all of our stuff here a few days ago. They should be arriving here tomorrow or the day after. And we've already rented a small apartment in the city. Not too far from here." Your dad continued. You sighed with relief. It's a good thing your parents were efficient. "Well, that's good then. It's easier for me to visit you guys after school or during the weekends." Your dad scrunched his eyebrows and your mother shook her head. "What do you mean visit? Of course you're going to move in with us, now that we're here. We can all be together as a family again." She smiled and cupped your face. *What? Move out from the house?* You looked towards Suho but he only shook his head. You forgot he couldn't understand what you and your parents were talking about. "Oppa, I'm moving out of the house. I'm going to move in with my parents in the city." Suho tried his best to look calm but there was a flicker of confusion in his eyes when you told him. He let out a nervous chuckle. "But, why? Why can't you just stay here?" 

 

 

At that moment, your mum spoke, "Suho ah, thank you for taking good care of our daughter. You've done a lot for our family so we don't want to be a burden for you anymore. Besides, you can come visit us sometime." She said with a sweet smile. She then looked at you. "Well what are you waiting for? Go on and pack your bags." Your eyes widened. "Y-you mean, I'm moving out now? As in...now?!" Your mother chuckled and lightly tapped your forehead. "Of course sweetheart. That's why your dad and I are here. We came to pick you up. We wouldn't want you to go out at this time by yourself. God knows what might happen." You took a glimpse at you dad and he was still watching Suho intently. You sighed and nodded before proceeding up the stairs into your room. Your dad stood up and followed you from behind. Your mother raised her eyebrows. "And where are you going?" She asked in Japanese. Your dad cleared his throat and shifted awkwardly. "I'm gonna help her pack." He said, before proceeding up the stairs. Your mother looked at Suho and only sighed. "Don't worry, he's just happy to be able to see her again." She chuckled nervously before sipping her tea. Suho could only smile and hoped that the guys won't come home just yet.

 

 

Your dad slowly closed the door and sat next to you on the bed. Your luggage was already out but you still haven't taken out your clothes yet. He took your hand in his and turned to face you. "My dear Ryoko, aren't you happy to see your parents again? After being away from us for so long?" You suddenly felt guilty and noticed how you didn't seem really ecstatic for their arrival. You shook your head and smiled. "I'm happy. I really am. It's just..." You trailed off. Your dad scrunched his eyebrows and examined your facial expression before folding his arms. "It's a boy isn't it?" You raised your eyebrows. "Eh? W-Why do you say  that?" Your dad could only smile and shook his head. "Ryoko, you're my daughter. I know exactly why my daughter comes home at night alone with swollen eyes and puffy cheeks. You looked just like your mother when i first refused to go on a movie date with her." He chuckled at he thought. You smiled. You loved how your parents love for each other is still raw, after so many years.

 

 

"Do you want to talk about him?" Your dad gently took your hand in his. Part of you wanted to talk to your dad, tell him about Baekhyun, about how madly in love you were with him, how he makes you feel like you're special at times, and how he makes your heart hurt too. How all this was your fault and all you wanted was for everything to be normal again. But another part of you couldn't bring yourself to tell all this to your dad. You didn't want him to worry about you, not when he's having his own problems with the company. Which is also partly your fault. Your dad took your silence as a no and sighed before nodding. "Okay I understand. Sometimes, you have to go through things alone. But just remember, everyone shares the common dream in romance. Two people meeting to create a universe between them. And the moments they offer are sweet and happy. But sometimes it hurts you and wounds you deeply." He paused while looking at you. "But you should never give up. All these moments together will eventually lead you to the one." He finished with a smile. 

 

 

You suddenly felt like tearing up and quickly gave your dad a tight hug. The words that came out from your dad's mouth were exactly the words you needed to hear at that moment and even though you're quite bummed to leave the house, you're glad that your parents are here for you. Your dad chuckled and patted your back before breaking the hug. "Okay okay, enough drama for now. Let's get you packed for the move." He said before helping you put in your folded clothes into the luggage.

 

 

That was the moment when you realize that a girl's father is the first man in her life, and is probably the most influential. 

 


 

[A/N] Woop woop another update before I start my intense study break! I didn't have time to edit it so forgive me if there are errors and for those of you who have just suscribed, SARANGHAE~