Chapter 4

Why did you forget?

CHAP FOUR

-in the hall with the boys-

“I hope everything goes okay.” Suho said.

“Yeah, she seemed like a nice girl. I wonder what happened to her? Why did she lose her memory? It doesn’t make sense.” D.O sighed.

“Well, whatever happens, happens.” Chen shrugged his shoulders. They all looked at the direction of SooMan’s office.

-in SooMan’s office-

SOOMAN POV (can’t believe I did his POV ._. )

“So, tell me about the situation, either of you.” I said, looking at them, the girl included. She looked a bit scared though.

“Well, sir, on the way to our schedules, we found this girl, sitting, well sleeping on the steps. All her things were with her, which is now with the other members. She doesn’t speak Korean, only English, and she doesn’t have any recollection of how she got there or why.” Kris hesitantly spoke to me.

“Doesn’t know? Or she won’t tell you?” I questioned him.

“She doesn’t know. I helped check her bags and found a wallet only full of money. No ID or anything.” He said.

“Nothing? At all? And only speaks English? What’s her name?” I asked him.

“Don’t know. She said they could name her what they wanted.” Mr. Kim supplied.

“Hmm…and what should I do about this?” I asked them, raising an eyebrow.

“Well,” Kris started. “The members and I were kind of hoping you would take a bit of pity on her and help her. Maybe getting an apartment or something, until she can figure out something to do?” he sheepishly said.

“Ah! Mr. Lee, there is something I wanted to show you. This was in her belongings as well.” Mr. Kim exclaimed as he walked forward with a camera. He turned it on, and showed me the pictures that were on there.

They were actually very good. Although it was just landscape and food photos, they were very impressive. Her skills are good, but she has a lot left to learn. Maybe she could use some training, I’m sure she would be good. Okay, this will be good. My new secret project, the best photographer will be in my company. “Okay, I’ve decided. I’ll help her by putting her in photography classes and getting her a place to live.” I declared to them.

I turned to the girl. “We will help you out. You’ll start your classes as soon as possible, and even though it’s mainly food and landscape you have on your camera, you have potential for doing model photography. We will train you.” I watched her as Kris translated. Her eyes grew wide, and she said something.

“She said that it’s too much to do for her, and that you don’t need to do anything for her.” Kris spoke to me.

“No, no I want to do this. It’s not any problem, I only have to say a couple of words to a couple of people and she can be a photographer in training.” I smiled at her and waited for Kris to translate.

She frowned this time, and said something else. Kris translated for me “She says okay, and that if you need her for something, you let her know and she will do her best.” I smiled at them and said “Okay, you may take her back to your dorm for the time being until I can get something figured out. Don’t worry about the reporters, if something happens, I will take care of it. You may go now. Oh, and your schedules for today are canceled so you can attend to her, we wouldn’t want her lost, now do we?” I turned back to my desk and out of the corner of my eyes, watched as they left.

After I heard the door close, I listened for the fading sounds of their footsteps. When I felt they were far enough away, I dialed a number.

“Hello?” the voice said.

“It’s me.”

“Oh, what can I do for you, Mr. Lee?” he asked me.

“I was wondering if you could do me a favor. It’s not something I usually ask of you.”

“Oh, uh sure. Anything. What is it?”

“I want you to get someone to follow someone for me. A girl. She apparently doesn’t have a name and all her belongings were with her when she was dropped off at MY building.” I told him.

“Oh? Hmm…do you want 24-hour following? If that’s so, then there will be a high fee for this.” I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

“Yes. Something is up with this girl and I intend to find out. You must be discreet about everything. The fact that she has already made friends with the members of EXO means they will want to make sure she is okay. If they find out that she has a follower, they will do whatever they can for this girl and I do NOT want them to get side-tracked. I know these boys, they will do whatever it takes. If they find out, you won’t be getting anything from me.” I warned him.

“Tch…I know. I’m not stupid. I’ll have them report to you about things. If we find anything out about her, we will tell you everything as well.”

“Good. I’ll let you know more about where she will be living soon. I have to get her situated first. I’ll speak more with you later. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye, Mr. Lee.”

After that, I called the photography school and got her registered as a student. Then I got her an apartment by the EXO boys. Kris can help her out.

This girl….something about her just troubles me, and I’m going to find out, no matter what it takes.

-in the hallway with the boys, the three are with them as well-

NO ONE’S POV

“So? How did it go?” SuHo asked Kris.

“I think it went well. He will get her a place to stay, and let her take classes on model photography. For now, she can go to our dorms, and our schedules are canceled today.” Kris told them.

They all nodded in agreement.

“Ugh, yay, no schedules today! I can go to sleep again~.”  Kai said.

“I second that.” SeHun agreed while nodding his head. Eventually, all except Kris, D.O., and SuHo agreed to going back to sleep.

“Well, I guess you guys can, since you will be useless with her. I can stay up with her and get some more info.” Kris told them.

“I can make her something to eat? Doesn’t look like she has had anything in the past couple of days or something. Look at her, she is skinnier than the SNSD girls!” D.O. exclaimed, pointing at the young girl who looked frightened.

They all turned to look at her and she started blushing. “Uh, did I do something wrong?” she timidly asked Kris.

“Oh, no, you didn’t. D.O., the one who pointed at you, was just telling us that he could make you something to eat, if you wanted.” Kris explained to the young girl. After he finished telling her, a low rumble was heard in the hallway. She blushed even further and covered her stomach. “Ah, don’t worry, we will feed you. D.O. makes amazing food.” He smiled at her.

“Oh!” Tao suddenly said. Everyone turned to him “We need to give her a name.”

“True, well, maybe we should ask her? I mean, it will be hers. She isn’t a puppy so we can’t just randomly pick one.” Chen said.

“Kris, ask her if she wants to be called anything.” Lay insisted.

“Uh, sure.” He turned to her. “Is there something you want to call yourself?”

“Well, there is a name that has kind of been stuck in my mind since I woke up.” She told him. “For some reason, I know the meaning behind the name. I’m not sure why though?” she tilted her head as she looked at him.

“And? What is it? And what does it mean?” he prodded.

“Amaris. It means ‘child of the moon’in English; ‘God has promised’ in Hebrew.” She told him, then quickly added “But don’t ask me why I know or how. I wouldn’t be able to tell you even if I tried. Will the guys be able to say it since it’s an English sounding name?” she wondered.

He nodded, and tried the name out for himself. “Amaris, sounds neat. Don’t worry, we can teach the guys how to pronounce it. Their English may , but they are quick learners. Plus, they will have learned something new today.” He smiled and winked at her. He turned to the rest of EXO, who were just watching their conversation with fascination. “So, her name is Amaris. Oh, wait, we didn’t get last name.” he turned towards her again. “What about last name?”

She blinked at him. “Huh? Oh, uh. Whatever is easiest for them. Don’t want them to learn too much in one day.” She joked.

He laughed and smiled and looked at his band mates. “She says we can pick the last name for her. What do you guys think?”

“Park!” Chanyeol exclaimed with a smile on his face.

“No, we should have it be Kim!” Kai said, frowning at the happy virus.

“No~ obviously, Park is a better name.” Chanyeol said to Kai.

“No~ (mimicking how Chanyeol said it) Kim is a majority here. If someone spots her with us, then we can say she is a distant relative or something.” Kai proudly said to Chanyeol.

“True.” Chanyeol looked down, then suddenly popped up again. “But, that is why we need another Park in this family!! Park,” he turned to Kris. “What is her name again?”

The EXO-M leader shook his head. “Amaris. Am-ah-ris.”

“Park Am-ah-ris. Sounds good to me! It’s a good name!” Chanyeol argued to Kai.

“No, Kim Amaris is better.” Kai stuck his tongue out.

“Guys,” a quiet voice said. They turned to the youngest of them all, Sehun. “What if we let her choose? It is her name. She can pick a last name of ours, or since she doesn’t look Asian, she can pick something else.”

The bickering boys looked at each other, then turned to the girl who had raised her eyebrows. They mumbled agreements.

“Good, now that we have that part of the situation settled,” Kris glared at the two boys before turning to Amaris. “They were arguing about your last name. Chanyeol,” he gestured to the said boy, who smiled “was thinking you take his last name, which is Park. And Kai,” he gestured to the dark-skinned boy, who blushed a little “was thinking you take his last name, Kim. And Sehun,” he gestured to the youngest, who waved, “was thinking that since you don’t look Asian, you could make your own or something. Whatever you preferred.”

“So, they were arguing about something like that, for me?” she asked disbelieving that. “Woah. Well, whatever, I don’t really care. I got my first name figured out.” She pursed her lips. “Hmm…actually, I kinda like Park. Yeah, let’s go with Park.” She smiled, then turned to Chanyeol. “Uh, Chan-yeol?” she pointed to him, “Chanyeol Park.” Then she pointed to herself. “Amaris Park.” She smiled again.

Chanyeol suddenly jumped up, scaring those who were next to him. “WOOOT!!! HA! She wants my last name!! Beat that, Kai!” he did a little happy dance around the sulking Kai.

Kris chuckled and looked at his phone. “Should we head back to the dorm? Those of you who were going to sleep at the dorm are falling asleep here. I’ll call the manager.” He did as he said, and a few minutes later he hung up the phone. “Okay, he said to wait for him in the lobby. Let’s go downstairs.”

The boys gathered any of their belongings, and Amaris picked up her backpack and purse. Before she could get her suitcase, a hand shot out and grabbed it. She looked up the arm and found Kris attached to it. He smiled at her and began walking. She noticed that the boy with the dark hair and dark circles under his eyes was carrying her pillow pet as if his life depended on it. She rolled her eyes and smiled, following them to the elevator and down to the lobby.

What they didn’t know, was that Mr. Lee SooMan himself, was watching them the whole time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just a short update.....I hope this is okay ._.

if you see any mistakes PLEASE let me know. I hope y'all can figure out when they are speaking English. I didn't feel like going and coloring everything ;_; me and my laziness, plus it's 2:30am here, and I have to sleep soon OTL. I like the name Amaris, that's kinda why I picked it. Uh, I'm not sure on how a person would say it if they only spoke Korean. Haha~ oh, and let me know what you think of this story or something. give me feedback~ otherwise i'll just think that writing this story is a waste.....even if it is, who cares, i'll just keep writing it.....haha

I'll update again as soon as I can.

until next time,

~blazensaddles