Lovely Words

Loving Adjectives
Please log in to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: Photo above is taken from EXO facebook fanpage.

---

 

“Tao. Why are we at the mall an hour before it closes?” A voice groaned out as he was being dragged to each store inside the mall closest to their dorm. He really can’t fight him – he might end up with bruises on his handsome face.

“Because there are sales everywhere, ge!” Tao replied happily, looking behind him at the somewhat apathetic face of none other than Wu Yifan. “Kris-ge, look!” the maknae exclaimed before forcefully dragging Kris to a store all the way down the line of stores to the very last one next to an exit.

Kris sighed as they finally made it to the store and Tao was happily looking at clothes and trying some on as he waited by the entrance of the store. He looked over to the exit and muttered, “It’s just right there…”

“You know, Kris-ge…” Tao suddenly popped up beside him with two bags of clothes, both in one hand.

“How did you possibly try all those on and buy them in the span of the ten minutes that we’ve been here?” Kris asked, completely surprised by the shopping prowess Tao possessed.

Tao smiled at the elder and winked at him. “It took a lot of time for me to master. Anyways,” the younger continued, “have you confessed your undying love for Yixing-ge yet?”

It shouldn’t be possible, but Kris just choked on thin air. After regaining his breath with no help from the younger at all, he looked over and slightly down at the younger. He sent him a glare, “It’s not ‘undying’.”

Tao just scoffed as he dragged the elder into another store on the second floor of their mall. He moves fast with only 45 more minutes to shop. “Yeah… and I’m not a wushu expert or anything.” Kris rolled his eyes as he waited for the other outside the dressing room. “So… have you?” Tao questioned behind the closed door. “This looked better on the hanger…” He mumbled as the elder heard shuffling of clothes from the inside.

Kris sighed, “No, I haven’t yet.” He visibly jumped when Tao suddenly opened the dressing room door and stared at him in complete shock.

“You haven’t yet?! But at the magazine shoot, you two looked so cute together!”

“Tao. You’re half-,” the elder deadpanned, trying hard to avoid the topic.

“It’s nothing the world can’t handle, ge,” Tao responded as he closed his door and went on to try on some jeans that he brought with him.

Kris rolled his eyes at the answer and glanced at his watch, “Tao, thirty.”

In a minute, Tao came out of the dressing room holding up the pants like it was his baby, “I’m getting these, ge.” Kris stared at the younger, knowing he had more to say, “Can I borrow some of your money?”

Kris sighed as he took out his wallet and gave him the necessary amount before following him to the cash register. He watched as his hard-earned money was spent on the younger’s clothes… again.

“But I’m serious, ge. You should confess your ultimate and pure love to him soon,” Tao continued as he and Kris walked throughout the rest of the mall, the younger knowing he reached his limit on shopping without the elder yelling at him again.

“Zitao, it’s not ‘ultimate and pure love’,” Kris sighed again as he glanced at his watch again. “Twenty.”

Tao ignored him while clutching the newest bag against his chest as the others were hanging off of one of his arms, “And I can’t beat you up. Seriously, ge, you should do it tonight before somebody else does.”

“What?!” Kris exclaimed suddenly, glad that there was barely anybody in the mall to witness his slip-up. “You are not telling him,” he muttered dangerously to the other as he stared him down.

Tao just stared back, not phased by it at all, “I’m not telling him, but somebody else might confess his love for him instead.” He started walking again to the farthest exit of the mall.

“Tao… there’s an exit over-.”

“We’re leaving through that exit so we can finish this conversation,” Tao interrupted, turning to see Kris still having his finger up in the air and pointing to another exit they just passed.

Kris sighed again as he followed the younger all the way across the mall to the exit… then he remembered what the younger said. He gripped the younger’s shoulders and turned him around, “Who is going to confess their love for him?!”

Tao just gave him a smile in return before getting out of the other’s grips and turning back towards the exit, “You better do it fast~! You two are so adorable together.”

Kris could only stare at the younger’s retreating back as he helplessly followed afterwards, wondering what he’s supposed to do.

--

 

“Xing, Xing!” A bubbly voice called throughout the dorm, trying to locate one of his best friends.

“In here, Hannie!” The other’s voice responded back, coming from the kitchen.

“Yixing!” Luhan burst through the swing door of the kitchen and stared holes into the back of the other’s head as he was too focused cooking dinner for the six of them that night.

“What’s the matter, Luhan?” Lay asked as he turned around, still stirring the contents of the pan with a spatula.

The other pouted as he walked his way over and hugged the other from the back, resting his chin on the other’s shoulder so he could continue cooking for them. “Have you confessed your feelings to the giant yet?”

Lay laughed as he jerked the pan up, causing the contents to fly into the air and land back into the pan sizzling. He took a side-glance at his elder before focusing on the food again, “No, I haven’t, ge.”

Luhan pouted even more, “Why not~? You two were so cute earlier! You were playing with the microphone and pushing and hugging each other and everything!”

Lay laughed again as he turned off the stove and turned around to hug the other back loosely, “Let it take its course, Hannie.”

The other pouted, “It’s taking too long, Xing! Everybody knows he’s madly in love with you!” He let go of the other and decided to sit on the kitchen table as the cook went to go get some other ingredients for a different type of dish to add.

“And I’m madly in love with him,” Lay paused as he grabbed something from their fridge, “but!” He turned around, knowing the elder was going to cut in and say something, “I’m not going to force anything to happen too soon.”

“Ugh~,” Luhan groaned out, moving to sit in a chair and slump over on the table, “But you two are so – freaking – adorable.”

“He’s right, you know,” Chen stated as he walked into the kitchen, hearing the last bit of the conversation.

“Not you too, Jongdae,” Lay said as he moved back to the stove and started cooking something else.

Chen smiled as he walked over and sat next to Luhan at the table, “You two have great chemistry, and you’re always standing next to each other unless Chanyeol is- oops. Ow!”

Luhan instantly sat up in his chair and smacked the younger across the back of the head at the mention of the other rapper’s name. He looked over to Lay to see no change in attitude or anything. “They’re just friends, Xing,” he offered to the younger.

Lay turned around with a soft smile on his face, “I know, ge. Even if they aren’t,” he turned back around to cooking, “I’ll be okay with it.”

Chen and Luhan looked to each other before the elder looked at him surprised, “Why?!”

Lay laughed, “Did you know that true love is letting the one you love be with whomever they want? As long as they are completely happy with that person?”

Chen and Luhan looked to each other again before they got up from the table, the elder turned off the stove while the younger shoved Lay to stand next to the fridge still holding a spoon in hand, and jumped the poor member in a group hug.

“Aww!!” The elder squealed out.

“You two are so adorable!!” The younger added, smiling happily when Lay started blushing like crazy.

“Yixing!” Luhan yelled out as they all pulled away from the hug.

“Yeah, ge?” Lay questioned even though he was still blushing.

Luhan looked to the youngest member with a smile on his face. With a big smile, Chen looked to Lay, “We’re going to help you two get together by the end of the night!”

“Wh-wha-?”

“Now go finish cooking, forgetful umma!” Luhan cheerfully stated before pushing his best friend in front of the stove again and turning it on to its original heat.

“You’ll be ten times more happy by the end of the night!” Chen stated before he and the elder rushed out of the room, probably to plan.

Confused, Lay looked back to the pot in front of him and frowned. He knew he was forgetting something. He walked over to the sink and wet a rag as he tried to get rid of a stain that was starting to form on his white shirt. He turned off the stove again and walked around the kitchen, “Now, where is my apron…?”

--

 

“Tao… can we please change the subject?” Kris begged as he was in the van with Tao and now Xiumin, who came to pick them up.

“No, gege! Minseok-ge, don’t you feel the same?” Tao turned to the eldest in the car besides the driver driving them back home.

“Uh…” Xiumin said, looking between the maknae and the leader. “I don’t really have an opinion about which design labels are the best…”

Kris groaned as Tao shouted out, “But don’t you guys think Gucci is the best?!”

The leader and the eldest looked at each other before looking to the youngest, “Yes. Gucci is the best.” They really didn’t want to hear Tao’s lengthy explanation of all the design labels he thought were good again.

Tao sat back satisfied with their answer before sitting back up in his seat and turned next to him to face Kris. He remembered why he brought him out shopping in the first place, “Confess your eternal love to Yixing-hyung!” He switched to Korean so the driver wouldn’t understand them.

Kris instantly looked startled before looking to Xiumin who had an amused look on his face, “I don’t have ‘eternal love’ for Yixing!” He shouted back in Korean to the maknae.

“Please, Kris.

Please log in to read the full chapter