Are You Smiling Yet?

I Met a Guardian Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5_gQOhCt8Q


You sighed as you closed your book. *No more studying. For this month...* Stretching, you stood up and made your way out to the kitchen. You walked to the fridge once you had entered the kitchen. Grabbing a box of frozen meals, you heard the sound of static and voices.
"Devil child calling ... Person. Over." A small snicker was made.
"... That's the best name you could give your hyung?" A long pause. "Anyway, target spotted. Over."
"Fine. Guardian Angel is your new name. Over."
"Fallen Angel calling Devil child and Guardian Angel. You idiots do know that you're also in the kitchen, hiding behind the big island in the middle of the kitchen, and, you're loud as ever? Over and out." You set the extra walkie-talkie on the counter and waited for the boys to show themselves.

A long moment of silence. "Devil Child. Shoot now. Over and out."
The two boys came out from their hiding places and already shot a dart from his Nerf Gun, in your direction. But when they came to full view, the didn't see you there as expected. Daejung looked around. "Where'd she go?" Suho shrugged.

In one swift movement, both the boys arm were bent back to their shoulder blades. "Gah! Noona! Let go!" Daejung shouted. He dropped his Nerf gun in surrender.
"Now I know how that guy in the alley felt," Suho said. You let go of their arms and took Daejung's Nerf gun away. Daejung scowled. You came back to the kitchen and took the frozen meal and popped it into the microwave. "You're eating frozen meals again?" Suho asked.
You didn't answer, but nodded. "It's like her favorite thing now," Daejung said.

Suho frowned. "Don't you get tired of eating the same meals over and over?" he asked.
"Nope. Never," you said. The microwave rang when the timer went to 0. You took it out a slice of pizza that you had just cooked in the microwave. Taking a bite of the pizza, Suho looked at you. And you had to admit. You were tired of eating the same meals over and over for years. You made a face which made Suho chuckle.
"Liar," he accused. "Let's go get some real food," he said.
"YEAH!" Daejung said.
 Suho grinned and slipped his hand into yours, and Daejung's. The three left the apartment.

D.O held out his arm in front of Kai. "Whoa whoa whoa. Is that Suho hyung? And Eunbi?!" he asked as he watched Suho leave the apartment building, holding hands with you and Daejung.
Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "Must be why he's been ignoring us," Kai mumbled.
D.O squinted his eyes. "Who's the kid? Did they already have a kid together now?!" Kai gave D.O a face and shook his head in disapproval. He walked away, leaving D.O behind. "HEY! WAIT UP!"

****

You, Suho, and Daejung sat in a fast food restaurant, eating burgers and fries with sodas and milkshakes. "Is this better than the other food that you guys always eat?" Suho asked.
Daejung took a big bite of his burger and held a thumb up, nodding. "When we were young, Eunbi noona would ask our parents if they could take us here on her birthday."
You looked away, towards the ground. Suho looked at you. "When is your birthday anyway?" he asked as he took a sip of his soda.
Daejung looked at you, noticing that you wouldn't answer, he decided to answer for you. "It's actually tomorrow," Daejung said. He clapped his hands, trying to get the crumbs off his hands. "I'll be in the bathroom. I'll be back," Daejung excused and walked away.

You continued to look at the ground when Suho turned to look at you. "It's almost your birthday. Shouldn't you be happy about it?" he said with a smile.
You shrugged as you crossed your arms. "My birthdays bring back bad memories. They were only celebrated with my parents and Daejung."
"No friends?" he asked.
"Pft, even as a kid I had an attitude. What do you expect?" You sighed, "Because of my attitude, my brother's been bullied by the older siblings of those twerps. They never liked me, so they never wanted their brothers or sisters to like Daejung. Everything is a mess up because of me. Me and my ugly attitude," you said.

Suho looked at you. "Have you ever thought of smiling?" he suddenly asked. You gave him a confused face. "Like... I know I said that I smiled just to hide the pain inside, but... Whenever I smile for someone, it makes me feel happy to see that someone else is smiling because of me," he said.
You rolled your eyes. "That's you. I'm different," you said.
Suho shook his head. Absentminded, he reached over the table and pulled the corners of your lips up into a smile, using his thumbs. He grinned. "Not like a smile, but good enough," he said. He let his hands down, and as he did, your scowling face came back. He frowned. "Frowning can get someone else to frown and feel bad about what they've done," Suho said.

"Ohmygod, ohmygod!" D.O said, trying to get Kai's attention.
"What?" he hissed. D.O pointed at a table in the restaurant. Kai followed where D.O pointed and saw you and Suho. Suho's thumbs at the corner of your lips. Kai raised a brow and looked at D.O.
"Is it possible that they could like each other?!" D.O asked.
Kai rolled his eyes. "In Eunbi's nightmares."

You looked away and saw D.O and Kai. "Yah, your friends are here," you said. Suho turned around and indeed did see D.O and Kai. D.O's eyes were wide, while Kai had his poker face on. Suho quickly turned back around. *Crap.* He looked up and found you gone. He blinked. *Where'd she go?*

D.O walked towards Suho, pulling Kai behind him. "Hyung!" D.O said.
Suho looked up at them with rounded eyes. "Yeah?"
"We just saw you with Eunbi!" D.O said.
"Uhm... You're probably just seeing things..." Suho said.
"AM NOT!" D.O said. A little figure walked in front of him and sat down across Suho. "And that's the boy we saw when you came out of the apartment building with Eunbi!" he said, pointing at Daejung. Daejung raised a brow.

"You're probably seeing things. Daejung is Eunbi's brother," Suho said.
"Wait... Why are you with him?" Kai asked.
Suho raised a brow. "I can't be with people?"
D.O looked at Daejung and Suho. "Okay... We'll leave you two alone..." he said and pulled Kai away.

Suho turned to Daejung. "Where'd you sister go?" Suho asked. Daejung pointed out the window. He turned and saw you standing at the window, glaring at him. He cleared his throat. "I guess that's our cue to go..." he said and stood up.
Suho and Daejung both walked out, meeting you with a scowling face, arms crossed. "Can we go home now?" you asked.

****

You leaned against the railing, looking at the Han River in front of you, waiting for Suho and your brother to come back. You sighed after waiting for them for 15 minutes. "NOONA!" you heard your brother shout. You looked up and saw Daejung on a bike, behind him, Suho also on a bike. Daejung rode away, but Suho stopped in front of you.
He grinned. "C'mon." He patted the seat behind him.
You eyed him. "You couldn't get another bike?"
Suho shrugged. "Fine, if you don't want to get on, then you'll be running," he said and sped off.
"YAH!" you shouted. But he didn't turn back. Groaning, you ran to catch up with them.

Suho glanced over his shoulder, grinning after seeing you chase after him and Daejung. He stopped and waited for you to catch up. Once you were standing in front of you, he grinned again. "Changed your mind already?" he asked. You glared at him, and without a word, you go onto Suho's bike. Still grinning, Suho glanced at you over his shoulder. He grabbed your wrists and pulled them over to him, making you wrap your arms around Suho's waist. Your eyes widen. "Hold on tight if you want us to catch up to Daejung," he said and sped off, towards Daejung. You hid your face behind Suho's back, trying to avoid the wind that's hitting against your face.

​Daejung grinned as he fasten his pace. He glanced over his shoulder and his grin was gone. Suho sped past Daejung. "No far!" Daejung shouted, trying to catch up to you and Suho.
Suho grinned. He glanced over his shoulder. "Don't you like the fresh air? Feels nice huh?" he said.
You rolled your eyes. "Says the guy who likes nice things."

"It's true though. And bike riding can get you relaxed," he said. "Don't believe me?" He changed the bike's direction from left to right, swayed. He felt you tighten your grip around his waist and slightly smiled. "But I'm serious. Doesn't the air feel great? The wind blowing past you... A perfect autumns day," he said. He took his arms off the handles and spread his arms out.
Your eyes widen. "Y-YAH! Get your hands back on the handles before we die!" you said.
Suho chuckled and did as you told. "Gosh, scared? Don't worry. I'll catch you," he said with a grin.


A long update. ouo Hope you guys like it.
... I should go eat now. LOL