SHOT #3

I have a crush

A/N: guyssss! sorry for the late update!!! i just started my job so i barely have time to face my laptop. mianhe. same goes with EUPHORIA. so...here's the 3rd and last shot for this. CREDITS: SooSicSM_09 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up to bright light hitting my eyes. Ugh. Why did I have to wake up? It's so cozy here. But then I feel a weight on my chest. I look down and my eyes go wide. It's Jessica, lying comfortably on me.

 

 

 

I freeze up and the memories from what went on the other day fly through my mind. Yeah, that's right. Nothing happened. We just fell asleep. And I guess she decided to use me as a pillow sometime in the night. My slight shifting must have wakened her up, because her eyes flutter for a second, before going wide. She blushes and looks up at me. And I blush back, not knowing if I should say something. Good morning? or Hey, how's it going? We stare at each other for a second, before she hurriedly gets off of me and sits up, looking down at the bed, embarrassed.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Sooyoung, it's just that... " She looks at me again. "Thank you for taking care of me."

 

 

 

Then we lock eyes and I stare at how beautiful she looks just then with pinked cheeks and her being more shy than me for once, in the bright morning light.

 

 

Then Jessica's eyes move to looking at my lips. She starts moving forward to me, and my heart starts racing like never before. She pauses halfway to me, and looks back into my eyes before she closes her own eyes and continues moving forward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She kissed me on the lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It only lasts for about a second, but that second felt like the longest blank-out my mind has ever experienced. I turn red instantly, as she pulls away, biting her bottom lip while avoiding my gaze. Then it hits me. Oh. God. Jessica just kissed me. This is for real. I don't know what to say. Did she mean it? Was I supposed to kiss her back? The hell, brain, think of something. Not microbiology.

 

 

 

Then suddenly, we hear two knocks on the door before Tiffany swings the door open, and yells, "Wakey. Wakey!" She then sees me on the bed, and Jessica just hovering over me.

 

 

 

We both stare, surprised at her. "Oh, whoops" Yoona says, before quickly closing the door and running off. I guess she and Taecyeon came back here to check on us. I scamper off the bed and grab my, now dry, clothes from the other day to change in the washroom quickly.

 

 

 

As I'm practically running out of Jessica's room.

 

 

 

 

"Sooyoung, wait..." I heard her call me but I'm out of the room too quick.

 

 

 

 

While changing in the bathroom, I don't know what I'm thinking. I just needed to get out. Why did Jessica just do that?

 

 

I mean, yeah, it felt nice.

 

 

.

 

 

She has a boyfriend.

 

 

.

 

 

I wonder what Tiffany's probably thinking now.

 

 

Maybe that I took advantage of Jessica? God, I just need to get out of here.

 

 

When I'm changed, I leave the pajamas Jessica lent me folded neatly on the counter and run out of the house, quickly passing by Tiffany. I walk back to my house, with my head full of thoughts.

 

 

 

 

Later that day, I explain to Tiffany what happened.

 

 

 

"Sooyoung, you idiot! You probably hurt her feelings, leaving like that. Oh my god, does Taecyeon know? What if they're in a fight now. And you're the cause of it, Sooyoung. But then again, Jessica shouldn't have kissed you in the first place. I wonder...", Tiffany said to me.

 

 

 

Leave it to Tiffany to make me feel worse.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

 

During class, it was sufficiently awkward. Jessica would sit at one end of our row of friends, and I would sit at the other. The tension in the air was intense. I think Yoona could sense it, because she tried asking me if there was anything wrong with me and Jessica.

 

 

 

From down the row, Jessica looked at me then, as I answered, "Uhhhhh no." Jessica then looked away, with a frown, before talking to Taecyeon.

 

 

 

Later that week, I'm sitting at home, having a mayo sandwich.

 

 

 

"You should talk to Jessica, maybe, " Tiffany says.

 

 

 

"Why don't you ask her to the night festival? That way, you and Jessica can talk. Don't worry about Taecyeon, I'll take care of him."

 

 

 

I think about it. Maybe I could. But that would require me going up to Jessica and talking about what happened before.

 

 

 

I decide the next day to talk to Jessica after chemistry. At the end of class, everyone packs up and is ready to leave, waiting on me and Jessica to finish up. I tell the others to go ahead without me. Yoona and Taecyeon give a questioning stare, but Tiffany tugs them away. Jessica looks at them, and then looks at me, confused as to why.

 

 

 

"Jessica, I was... well, I thought maybe, if it's okay with you. If uh... you wanted to go to the night festival, thing." I scratch the back of my head, and look at anything but her.

 

 

 

"Sooyoung , I would – "

 

 

 

"I mean, I understand if you don't want to! If you go with Taecyeon and all, that's okay. He is your boyfriend after all." I cut her off.

 

 

 

"Sooyoung, what makes you think – "

 

 

 

"And yeah, I understand if you don't particularly like me after what happened that morning. Um yeah. And – "

 

 

 

She kisses me on the cheek really quick. I stop and feel all melty inside. Waaaaait.

 

 

 

"Sooyoung, I'm sorry. But you just needed to stop for a second. First, I would love to go with you. And second, Taecyeon's not my boyfriend, and third, I forgive you for leaving that day."

 

 

 

I smile really big that she said yes. But then it hit me. Taecyeon's not my boyfriend? "He's not?" I say.

 

 

 

Jessica smirks. "He's my best friend. I guess in high school everyone thought we were dating because we spent a lot of time together".

 

 

 

"Okay then," I say. Revelation of the century. Wait til Tiffany hears this.

 

 

 

"Well, um, I guess I'll see you on Sunday then. I guess we could meet up at the festival, seeing as Tiffany, Taecyeon, and Yoona are going too, we could all meet up."

 

 

 

I then realize that I probably should've said that I would pick her up at her house and that we could walk together, but she didn't seem to mind, and said okay. I realize I've been scratching my head the whole time and stop. We say our goodbyes and I feel suddenly very happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Sunday night. I opted for a nice pair of black jeans and a button-up shirt. Yoona and Tiffany were wearing hanboks. They looked good, but it just wasn't my thing to wear hanboks.

 

 

 

We were waiting for Jessica and Taecyeon to arrive. I looked down at myself. I hope I didn't look too out of place. There were lots of people not in traditional wear, I convinced myself. Jessica will probably be wearing a hanbok. Beautiful…Jessica. 

 

 

 

I suddenly remember. Damn, nosebleed. For some reason, Tiffany looked nervous. She was constantly moving, and her eyes were scanning all the time. Then, Yoona, as usual, points out that she sees Jessica and Taecyeon and that they were coming here. I couldn't see them through the crowd.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany suddenly grabs me. "I'm sorry, Sooyoung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And before I knew it, she had her lips pressed against mine. I didn't know what was up.

 

 

 

My eyes were wide. I push Tiffany off, and out of the corner of my eye, I see her – Jessica. Jessica just saw that happen. She was beside Taecyeon, far enough that they couldn't hear us, but close enough to see. Her expression was one of shock. And then she turned around and ran. .

 

 

 

"Dammit Tiffany! What was that for?" I hissed loudly.

 

 

 

"I needed to see if Taecyeon would get jealous. You told me he wasn't seeing Jessica, right? I'm sorry, I wanted to see"

 

 

 

I glared at Tiffany. What a stupid idea. Man, now I have to find Jessica. I run in the direction of Taecyeon and he's just standing there frozen. , where did she go? I scan the crowd. Everyone's moving, it's too hard to look over everyone. I run around, probably looking crazy to anyone who sees me. This isn't working. I have to logic this out.

 

 

Where would Jessica go? I scan. There's a lot of carnival games, craft shops, lantern shops. Ugh. What now? I turn around. Temple? Better than nothing. I run there and as I get further from the festival, it gets quieter, until it's just the sound of me running. I walk up the temple steps. Jessica, are you here? I walk around. And then I see her. Her light hair tied up, a beautiful purple hanbok, but her face in her hands. She wasn't crying. She was just kneeling down, deep in thought.

 

 

 

"Jessica?" She doesn't answer me. I sit down.

 

 

 

"Look, that wasn't what you think it was. Tiffany... she just pulled that out on me. I wasn't expecting it or anything".

 

 

 

Silence. I figure that it's probably best to just sit here and wait until she's ready to say something. Anything.

 

 

 

It was quite some time until she finally looked up. By then, there were fireworks going off in the distance from the festival. We watch them, not saying a word.

 

 

 

"Sooyoung."

 

 

 

"Yeah?"

 

 

 

"I'm sorry. I got scared. I thought you were with Tiffany. I don't know what made me act like that. Because... well, I..."

 

 

 

And then she said, in a soft whisper, "I like you, Sooyoung".

 

 

 

I look at her. She's staring at me. She looks scared, like I'm going to push her away. But really, my mind is just trying to process what she just said. Did she really just say that? How many times did I imagine her saying that to me. And it just happened. I blush.

 

 

 

"Thanks, I guess." That's what I say. Yes. Way to go, Sooyoung. Way to say the lamest thing ever.

 

 

 

Jessica turns her head away. Yeah, that was definitely not the right thing to say.

 

 

 

"Jessica, I like you too." I finally say as I scratch the back of my head.

 

 

 

And with that, I bring my hand to her chin, causing her to face me again. Then I go in for the kiss, nervous and excited as hell. But it was definitely worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

 

that's it... i know... lame ending... HAHA.

so if you want moree soosic/soofany, please do check my other fic:

EUPHORIA

thank you!!