SHOT #2

I have a crush

 

a/n: this time, it's Jessica's POV...a short update but i hope you'll still enjoy :) sorry for errors^^ CREDITS goes to SOOSICSM_09

 

 

 

 

 

My name is Jung Jessica. And I have a crush. A big one. On Choi Sooyoung. Where to begin? Choi Sooyoung is the epitome of cute. Although she gives off a cold exterior, there is no denying that Sooyoung is the girl of my dreams. The secretly-soft type. If only she was my rebel.

 

 

I suppose I should start on the first day of my second year of high school - the day that I met 4 interesting people. My first class was English. I sat down beside a red-headed girl who was talking adamantly to a dark-haired girl on her other side. She notices me and waves. She smiles wide and introduces herself as Tiffany, and her friend, Yoona. We talk for a while and she is quite entertaining and fun to listen to.

 

 

My next class was science and that was where I met Im Taecyeon. I could tell all the girls in that class had their eyes locked on him. He was handsome and charming. Anyone could see that. But he noticed my Jeju accent while I was talking to another girl beside me and introduced himself. It turned out that he was in Jeju the past year so we talked about that.

 

 

During lunch break, as I walked through the halls, I could hear someone playing the piano in the music room. It was a beautiful, fast-paced song. I turn the corner to see two girls trying to peak through the window of the music room door.

 

"So talented," one of them says.

 

"Sooyoung unnie plays so well. Soooo hot," the other says.

 

 

They look behind and see me looking at them curiously. They then scurry off giggling and talking about how they wished this Choi Sooyoung would date them. I scoff. But decide it wouldn't hurt to find out who the talented pianist was. I look through the window. I was expecting to see some tall, handsome boy. The Taecyeon-type.

 

 

Instead, I see a girl with long dark hair, focused on the sheet music in front of her. I don't know how long I was staring. But then she misses a note in the song and slams the keys and swears. I smile. Cute. The bell rings and I hurry back to class.

 

 

At the end of classes that day, I was walking to my locker when I noticed someone standing casually beside it. It was Choi Sooyoung. She looked like she was waiting for someone. I couldn't be me, of course. She doesn't know me. I take a deep breath, and then arrive at my locker.

 

 

For some reason, I was a little bit nervous and couldn't concentrate on my lock with Sooyoung standing right there. I drop one of my books at her feet and immediately feel embarrassed. She picked it up and casually handed it to me. I looked at her face. She really was cute. Tiffany arrived then and I made the connection that Sooyoung had been waiting for her. I blush at how adorable Sooyoung is when she introduces herself to me. For such a popular person, she really was shy. Taecyeon came by and we decide to leave together, since we lived in the same area.

 

 

Days went by, and I learned new things about Sooyoung from Tiffany in my English class. The way Tiffany talked about Sooyoung seemed as if she liked her. I couldn't blame her. Sooyoung was admired by many, although she didn't seem to care or was completely oblivious. She was on sports teams, extremely smart and played the piano often. I was becoming one of the Choi fangirls. I could tell.

 

 

Taecyeon became my best friend. He made me feel more at home when he talked about Jeju. I noticed, though, on some days he wouldn't talk much and instead doodled on a piece of paper. One day I saw what he was sketching. It was a cursive script of "Tiffany". It was another day when we were enjoying bubble tea at the shop near the school that he confessed that he had an interest in Tiffany. I told him I might like Sooyoung. We laughed together about our sudden confessions.

 

 

But we were both a little sad because it seemed like Sooyoung and Tiffany were together. Taecyeon and I went out a lot after, as good friends, someone to confide in. People must have thought that we were dating because we were always together. Each day at school, I would sit in the classroom beside the music room at lunch and listen to Sooyoung play. Sometimes, Taecyeon would come too. And each day, as I walked up to my locker and saw Sooyoung waiting for Tiffany, I was happy to see her but jealous that Tiffany was the one she was waiting for – not me.

 

 

It was near the end of our last year of high school that everyone was deciding which universities to go to. I was accepted to many of the top schools, even overseas. My parents wanted to me to study in the United States because the schools were very prestigious. Taecyeon, being smart, but lacking the attitude to translate his intelligence to getting high marks on tests, was still waiting on some acceptance letters.

 

 

In English class, Tiffany and Yoona were excited. They both got into Seoul University. and were set on it. I asked them about Sooyoung, making it sound casual, although, I was really concerned about where she went. They said that Sooyoung received a lot of offers from really amazing schools, but because she couldn't afford to travel far, she was going to Seoul U. as well.

 

 

It was then that I had my mind made up. I was going to Seoul University too. I told Taecyeon that Tiffany was going there, and the days that followed, Taecyeon had a sudden change in study habits. He spent long hours in the library, looking over his notes and even re-writing them. Eventually, by the end of the year, he was getting 100s consistently. And one day, he did get his Seoul U. acceptance in the main and I could tell he was beyond pleased.

 

 

 

And so we all went to the same university. But it wasn't until second year that Sooyoung was finally in my class. I came up to her and noticed that she was still as adorable as ever, looking naturally cool and handsome in her own way, but still not talkative. Taecyeon and I decided to have them over for dinner, hoping that it would help us all become closer.

 

 

And closer, it did. So close, I thought, as Sooyoung was sitting on my bed beside me. It was then that I couldn't help but want to kiss her. Just once to show her how I felt about her. But we were interrupted by Taecyeon. I mentally cursed myself for not going all the way with it.

 

 

I wanted to have Sooyoung alone with me. And maybe then, I could have my first kiss, I hoped. It wasn't until one morning, after a stormy night, that it finally happened...

 

 

 

 

 

--------

comments please^^

last shot to be uploaded tomorrow :))