Chapter 3

What If

So he was discharged from the hospital a week later. I had finally come to terms with the fact that I was indeed dead but Junho needed a little longer to adjust to the big hole I had just created in his life. I admit it was hard to watch him everyday, not being able to speak to him to tell him everything will be all right. He had cried a lot and it hurt me to just have to sit there staring at him. I mean what more could I do. I was dead he couldn’t hear or see me so it was pointless.

I stayed with him 24/7 still. Watching over him to make sure he didn’t injure himself or get into any trouble. You could say I acted as if I was still alive it was the only thing I could think of doing. I wasn’t about to let him go so he could do something stupid.

Today was Thursday and yet again he had another sleepless night. He tossed and turned sighing as he did so. Ever since the accident he couldn’t seem to relax. It was though he was waiting for me to come home. As if by magic I would walk through the front door and into his arms but of course that wouldn’t happen because I was already home just not in the state I wished to be.

I’d certainly helped him out a lot recently. When he used the shower but forgot his towel I would bring him one. I was definitely glad I could still pick things up otherwise I would have gone crazy on the first day. I don’t know if he noticed any of these things I’d done but it would be best if I could be as discreet as possible about them. I didn’t want him thinking he was going insane that would be heart breaking to see.

He made his way to the bathroom. The usual routine was starting. Brush teeth, shower and get dressed. I slipped into the room behind him placing a towel lightly on the rail taking my place on the closed lid of the toilet. I remembered the times when I would just sit and watch him get ready and he’d say something totally irrelevant or we’d have random conversations about anything in the world.

‘Euuuuuuun Aaaaaae’ Junho whined at me from the bathroom.

‘Whaaaaaaaat?’ I mocked as I entered through the door.

‘Can you help me pleeease?’ He pleaded with the biggest smile on his face.

‘You’re a man and you can’t do a tie’ I teased as I threaded the material around itself. He looked down at me and shrugged.

‘I rarely wear them’ He said in defense. I stared at his face in disbelief.

‘I’ve never worn a tie in my life Junho’ I laughed and he stuck his tongue out at me. ‘There I’m done’

‘Thank you Eun Ae, Saranghae’ He replied kissing the tip of my nose.

‘Nado saranghae, Even if you are useless’ I smiled.

‘YAH!’ Was all his response before he lifted me of the ground and the laughing fit started.

As little as it was I still loved everything about it. Just being able to share those moments with him was so precious. I watched him splash cold water over his face and as he looked up into the mirror something really strange happened. For the first time in a week I made eye contact with him.

 

____________________________________________

Sorry it's a short chapter :) I just wanted to update for you guys :D