The Break 4

The Notorious Playboy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli’s protests were muffled by his kiss.  The more she tried the push, he held onto her tighter.  What does he mean by ‘you came back’?  She doesn’t even know him.  And now she finds herself in this odd situation – HELP!

Slowly he shifts himself away as if he was still dreaming and then she pushes him hard enough to knock him off the bed.  BANG!

 

Painful was the first thing he thought when he woke up on the floor.  How did he end up on the floor?  Wasn’t he sleeping on the bed?  Lifting himself up, he finds an ANGRY Sulli on the other side of the bed.

“What happened?” He asked.

“You’re asking me?” Sulli muttered breathlessly.

“Well if I knew what happened, why would I be asking you?” Chanyeol tossed back feeling sore.

“Hmph!  No wonder you got hit in the head – you’re the slow one,” Sulli commented.

“Well if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be lying here with a concussion,” Chanyeol blamed her.

“Self defense, can you blame a girl?” Sulli asked.

“Lucky you were a girl otherwise it would have been a fair game,” Chanyeol replied.

 

Chanyeol noticed the bowl of water along with the wet towel and he turns back to face.

“Why is this here?” He asked.

“Because I wanted to wake you with it,” Sulli shrugged.

“Apparently you haven’t learned from your friends’ mistake, we don’t back down from challenge that easily – remember,” Chanyeol reminded her.

“Look at that time I was only doing what I was told to do.  I’m not sure why I was sent away that night at the auction event – maybe they didn’t want me to be involved.  I had no choice but to play along for their sake,” Sulli explained.

“You know you could be an actress, you’re great at lying,” Chanyeol pointed.

“I didn’t lie on purpose!” Sulli shouted.

“If you say so,” Chanyeol did not believe her.

 

“Fine! I’m a liar but you’re the one with a bipolar banana split personality!” She shouted again.

“Bi…what?” Chanyeol repeated slowly.

“You heard me you freak!” Sulli shouted once more before storming out of the room.

And Chanyeol went after her.

 

In the hallway, he reached her before she could slam another door in his face.  He had her gripped tightly against him.  The more she struggled, the tighter he had her pressed against him.

“Let me go!” She muttered angrily.

“Hmmm.  Why are you so mad?  Did I hit a nerve?” Chanyeol .

“I said let me…” she attempted to say it again.

“Yeah.  I know you want me to let you go but maybe I should warn you about teasing male species when you’re all alone,” Chanyeol interrupted her.

“The others will back soon so don’t try anything funny,” her voice trembled.

“Or what?” Chanyeol challenged.

Sulli winced at the pressure of his hold but her eyes remained sternly focus on his trying to determine if he was serious or not. 

“Why are you doing this to me?” Sulli asked cautiously and carefully.

“You started it first – what else?” Chanyeol answered.

Sulli took a deep breath but in the process, her tears began to release down her cheeks and had no control at stopping them.

“I’m sorry.  You’re hurting me,” Sulli winced again.

“Out of the five, I have to say you deserve an award for controlling your true personality at times like these,” Chanyeol commented without releasing her.

“But I’m not an actress nor can I lie very well,” Sulli continue to deny his accusation.

“So you continue to say,” Chanyeol did not believe her. 

 

He was fooled from the beginning.  She may have been one of the younger ones but she was good at keeping her poker face blanked out for people like him.  He was pissed when she lied to him about Luna and Krystal being in the restroom. She kept him stalling until the cleaning lady said the bathroom was now ready to be used – he knew right then, she was a liar.  Then when he tried to force an answer from her, she continues to deny any knowledge of their whereabouts.  Pulling her into one of the vacant room, he tried to force an answer out of her but gave up when she started to ball her eyes out.  It was her tears that stopped him then but today he knows better than to fall for it twice.

 

“Fine.  You win.  Please let me go,” Sulli mumbled softly.

“So you admit that you’re at telling tales?” Chanyeol asked.

“Whatever you say,” Sulli mumbled.

Chanyeol finally released her and she walked away exiting the house through the back patio doors and toward the open beach.  She should have been able to go with her friends to the mainland to free herself way from this nightmare.  Looking up into the sky, the clouds were thicker than normal and if she was not mistaken, she heard of rain or something in the weather forecast – will everyone hurry and come back, she hated being alone but she rather be alone right this moment then face him again.

 

 

“We’re here,” Kris told her as she was slowly waking up from her nap.

“Wow.  I never thought I see this place again,” Luna yawned.

“Go ahead and wash up, I’ll make us something to eat,” he told her.

She agreed.  After the code was deactivated, she headed toward one of the bedrooms and hit the shower since she smelled like sea water.   After washing up, she tossed her clothes into the washer and looked for something reasonable to wear but could only find a t-shirt.  No one was here except for the two so she didn’t really care how she looked around the house.

 

In the kitchen, Kris was making something with bread, she could smell fresh toasted bread.  And it looks like he changed too while she was in the shower.

“What are you making?” Luna asked.

“Panini’s,” he said happily.

“Mmmm.  Smells good,” she sniffs the aroma around the kitchen.

“Do you want to have lunch outside or inside?” He asked.

“It’s kind of warm out, how about inside and dinner outside?” She suggested.

He nodded carrying the plates into the sitting room.

 

“I hope Sulli is okay.  I feel bad leaving her alone.  She hates being alone,” Luna sighed.

“She’ll be fine.  Chanyeol is a good guy, he’ll look after her even if he didn’t want to,” Kris assured her.

“I know most of your friends are good guys but can he be trusted to look after someone as innocent as Sulli?” Luna asked.

“He may be rough around the edge due to his teenager troubles but deep inside, he’s a good guy,” Kris explained.

“What happened?” She asked while taking a bite into her lovely sandwich.

“He dated someone during his middle school years and at first everything was going well for him.  But maybe six months into the relationship, he found out that she was playing him for fame and money.  His behavior ultimately changed, he began questioning everyone’s intention, even ours.  It took a while for him to break away from that habit.  Chanyeol used to be this cheerful lively boy but after that girl twisted his feelings and trusts into the ground, he became conscious of himself and those around him,” Kris explained.

“But he seems to be normal and happy to me,” Luna thought.

“He has his moments.  When he entered high school, he earned the nickname ‘bipolar freak’ from some of his classmates for his personality dimension but that no longer is true.  He’s gotten better but he’ll have those moments when he’s trying to figure someone out, which is normal since he plays an important role for our work,” Kris explained.

“Like what?” Luna asked.

“Chanyeol handles all the background check when it comes to doing business with others.  He looks into it electronically and personally.  If something doesn’t match up, he questions their ability up front,” Kris answered.

“So I can trust him to look after Sulli?” Luna asked for reassurance.

“Chanyeol is very trusting person, trust me on this,” Kris assured her.  But he kept it to himself that Chanyeol’s ex-girlfriend looked a lot like Sulli except on the shorter side.  This he will keep to himself since Luna might freak out along with her friends.  He didn’t want that just when Chanyeol was beginning to trust others again.  He still remembered Chanyeol telling him Luna was absolutely perfect for him and wished him well.  Although he doubted Krystal at first but he slowly started looking at her from a positive view too and it meant a lot to Suho.

 

 

After eating their brunch, Kris suggested shooting lessons for self defense purposes.  At first Luna didn’t like the idea at playing with guns, he just suggested in case if they ever find themselves in danger, she would be comfortable grabbing one just for protection.  She eventually gave in and started out with one of the smaller gun.  Outside, he set up some sand bags as targets for her to shoot into – after several rounds, she was exhausted since it hurts to shoot as a beginner.  He understood and put everything away and suggested she undresses in the bedroom and he’ll be in to give her a massage as a treat.  She giggled at the suggestion but thought WHY NOT. 

 

In the bedroom, she peeled back the sheets and pulled off her t-shirt, then lying down flat on her belly waiting for him to come in. 

“Someone must really want this massage badly,” he smiled.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

She felt the bed dipped as he climbed onto the bed and sprayed something on her back and began his work of art rubbing her and unknotting her tense muscles.  He worked his magic on her.  Flipping her around he worked his way from top to the bottom as well.  When he finished his demonstration, she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down toward her.

“Kiss me,” she whispers.

“My pleasure,” he smiled and bent down to fulfill her request.

 

The two drifted off to sleep wrapped in each other’s arm.  Later the two woke up to a rain and thunder.  Kris slipped out of bed pulling on his short and t-shirt heading to the patio to make sure the doors was secured.  Logging into this computer, he checked the weather and it was only a tropical storm but nowhere near them so all they’ll get is just rain and wind.  The boat was secured on the dock and the house was built to withstand tropical storm so they just need to wait it out until the coast was clear.  Heading downstairs he pulled out a set of candle sticks just in case the power goes out. It doesn’t happen often but it wouldn’t be the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter