Back

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After another hour or so, all of Kris' friends finally left, dragging Taemin along much to his protest. Their reasoning was, if Taemin gets to stay longer so do they but since they had to go back to their dorms, it would be unfair for one to stay. So poor Taemin had to be dragged away by the collar since he was being stubborn.

 

Hanging out with them all day was tiring. These boys were like little kids on sugar. Spaztastic. Even when they left, I could still hear their loud voices and laughter from outside my house. And now, I may understand why Changmin never introduced me to them. Those boys were wild.

 

I was laying on the couch, flipping through channels trying to find something to watch. I would have gone upstairs to my room but I was too lazy to move. My thoughts drifted onto what we had talked about earlier. “Me and Kris...together...That's sounds strangely nice.” Wait, did I actually just think being with Kris sounds nice?  “Get your thoughts together Shim ~~~.” I scold myself. “You hate that beanpole, remember?”

 

I sighed and bury my face into a couch pillow. Not having him here to bother me feels strangely lonely. I think I've grown too attached to him now. I jolted up in my seat when I remembered something. Crap, I left my phone upstairs all this time. I probably have over a dozen messages from Kris now. I should probably go upstairs and text him or something since he's probably going bonkers right now.

 

When I got into my room, I jumped onto my bed, bouncing a few times before searching for my phone. I unlocked it and just as expected, there were tons of texts and calls from Kris. Maybe I should call him....

I clicked return call and waited for him to pick up. It rang two times before his voice boomed through the phone, “Yah! Where the hell have yo-” I frowned and hung up. I tossed my phone back onto the bed and got up, “Psh, if he's going to yell at me, I'm not going to talk to him.”

 

My eyes darted around my room before they landed on the bird Kris got me. I walked towards it and wrapped my fingers around it's neck before slapping it a few times, pretending it was Kris. “Stupid Kris. Such a short tempered giant.” I stared at the bird, “It's all your fault, you know? Ever since that day at the carnival, I'm starting to see you differently. I don't even understand what I feel.”

“Yah, can't you say anything back?” I asked and slapped it again. “Why the heck am I talking to this stuff bird?" I must really be going crazy. I sighed once more as I stared at the bird then at my phone. Maybe I should call him back....I kinda....want to talk to him. I walked back towards my bed and grabbed the phone, pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Kris right then.

 

I unconsciously smiled and clicked accept, “Before you say anything, if you yell at me, I'm gonna hang up again.” I could hear Kris pause and sigh.

“How...are you?” He slowly asked.

“Fine.” I replied. I could practically see the frown that probably graced Kris' lips at my lack of response. “You aren't hurt or anything are you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter