Adorably Smug

I Just Want It To Be Love

The next morning, I had never woken up so early before. I had got myself ready and headed down to the cafe to get my morning dose of reading, coffee, and Daehyun-watching for the day. I sipped my warm coffee and looked out the window, casually waiting for Daehyun to arrive.

 

Some time passed, and I looked down at my phone to check the time. It was about ten minutes before we had agreed to meet and I was starting to get nervous that he wasn't going to show up at all. I started to chew the inside of my cheek as I looked down to read my book. I guess I was so lost in my book because I didn't even notice Daehyun was at my table until he put his hand on my book and pulled it down to rest on the table.

 

"Good morning Youngjae." he brightly said. There's his smile again. The one that makes me seem to lose all coherence. "G-good morning Daehyun." I stuttered, wanting to kick myself for doing so. "Did I surprise you?" he asked, his eyes wide. "Just a little." I shrugged. He ordered a drink, and we sat in comfortable silence drinking together and enjoying each other's presence. I had finished my drink before Daehyun and contented myself with staring at his hands. They were so beautiful. I might've been staring too much because he pulled his hands away.

 

"Shall we get going?" He suggested. I nodded, maybe a bit too excitedly. We picked up our bags and we headed out to walk to the park. "How long have you been taking pictures for Youngjae?" he asked. I noticed he had the tendency to say my name quite often. "Uhm...for about eight years." I said nonchalantly. Daehyun nodded and looked as though he was deep in thought, but I didn't dare ask him what he was thinking. I didn't want him to think that I was thinking that he was thinking about me.

 

Wow, my logic seems to get all jumbled when I'm with him. I think I preferred just admiring him from afar over this close contact. No, what am I saying? I need him. Well, not need, but I want him. But not like that, I just love him. Ugh, brain, why do you set out to make my heart have such conflicting feelings? I shook my head and focused on the walk instead. We headed to a nice part of the park where there was a pond with little fish and birds interacting with each other. I set my bag down and took my camera out of it.

 

As I snapped shot after shot, I could feel Daehyun's eyes burning into my back. When I stood up to check my pictures, I flinched when I felt his breath on my ear as he peered over my shoulder. "Oh, sorry." he said, holding his hands up and backing away a little bit. "It's okay!" I blurted out. We looked at each other before laughing together. I beckoned him towards me and turned my camera so he could also see the pictures I had taken. "These are...really nice." He commented. Nice. He called my work nice. I could almost feel my stomach doing flip-flops inside of me. I could feel my cheeks heat up.

 

"Thanks." I whispered. No one had really complimented my work, not that I had actually shown it to anyone in the first place, but that's besides the point. He smiled at me and I returned the smile as I brought my camera up and took a picture of his smiling face. "Gotcha!" I sang as I made quick work to view the picture before he took my camera from me. "Ahh why?" he cried. I laughed at him and tried to grab my camera from his hand, but he was holding it high above his head, just out of my reach, making me jump for it.

 

When I managed to grab it, I accidentally grabbed his hand as well. I let go at lightning speed, my face heating up instantly. In my haste, I let go of my camera too, and it started to fall to the floor. I gasped and made to grab for it, but Daehyun got it before I did. He handed it back to me, looking at my face, his eyebrows raised.

 

"You okay?" he asked, letting his hand fall on my shoulder. I took my camera and nodded, looking at the picture of Daehyun I had taken. "I'm okay." I said softly, cursing myself for being so silly. I wanted him to like me, not think there was something wrong with me. "What are you going to do now?" Daehyun asked as he followed me around as I took various pictures of irrelevant things. I didn't care about them, I cared for the special picture I took, these are just fillers.

 

"Uhm, I'll probably upload, edit and get these printed." I said, holding up my camera. Daehyun nodded. "So you're done here in the park?" I nodded at him, wondering if he was going to do what I hoped he was. "You're going to show me the prints, right?" he asked, nudging my shoulder with his. I pretended to contemplate and laughed when he smacked my arm. "Yes, I'll show them to you! Don't hurt me!" I cried out, in mock pain. "Good." His face turned smug. "You better." Is it bad if I think even his smugness is adorable? Oh god, I want this to be love!