I'm not a creeper, I swear.

I Just Want It To Be Love

 

As I stared across the cafe at him, sipping my drink, I couldn't help but feel my heart get tugged a bit. I had seen him around a few times before, and I thought he was interesting, but now I think he's something else. Something more. I want to get to know him more. I don't want to continue being the creepy person who stares at him from across the room. 

 

I wonder if he's even noticed that someone stares at him. Oh god, that'd be so embarrassing if he looked up and saw me. Oh ! He turned his head! I quickly ducked by head back down, staring into my cup as though my coffee was the most interesting thing on the planet at that moment. I counted the seconds.

 

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Ready or not, here I come. I looked up as casual as I could and carefully turned my head to look at him. When I saw his big brown eyes staring into mine, I froze. I felt my cheeks turn a bright red, and I wanted to look down, but there was something in his eyes that made it so hard to do so.

 

I let out the breath I didn't even know I had been holding when a small smile graced his face and he gave a curt nod to me. I felt my lips spread into their own smile before I quickly, and completely awkwardly, stood up and grabbed my bag and made my way out of the cafe. When I stepped outside, I took a deep breath of the fresh air, hoping to calm my nerves and my heart. God, I think it's love. And I don't even know his name or anything about him, I just...I love him.

 

I smiled at the thought of love with a perfect stranger. I closed my eyes as I inhaled more of the cold, refreshing morning air. As I exhaled, I toyed with the thought of a romance with him. With the thoughts running through my head, I turned to walk down the street and head to the central park to take photographs.

 

As a photographer, I loved to take nature shots, and the park was my favorite place. I let my arms swing as I walked and I audibly yelped when I felt someone grip onto my wrist. I turned around and held my other arm to my chest.

 

"Please don't rob me; I don't have anything on me!" I screwed my eyes shut tight to save me from seeing what this mugger was going to do to me. When I heard laughter, I cracked one of my eyes open and I was completely embarrassed when I saw that it was only the coffee guy. The guy who I was just imagining being together with.

 

"I'm not going to mug you. You just forgot this when you left." He said, handing a book over to me. I saw it was the copy of the classic novel I was currently reading.

 

"Oh...thanks...um...” I wanted to properly thank him, but I didn't even know his name. I'm sure my look of utter confusion got through to him though as he smiled that billion watt smile and chuckled.

 

"The name's Daehyun." he said, holding his hand out to me to shake it. I nodded before reaching out and touching his soft hand.

 

"I'm Youngjae." I said, thankful that I didn't stutter for once.

 

"That's one of my favorite novels." Daehyun said, gesturing towards the book I held close to my chest. Could he seriously be any more perfect? This is so love. Love is such a silly game to play though, I have to play my cards right, and I'll end up with him.

 

"Oh, is it?" I asked. "Next you're going to tell me you like photography too." I chuckled, trying to calm my nerves that were acting up again.

 

"Actually..." he started, "I do like photography. Looking at pictures anyway. I can't take them to save my life." He smiled sheepishly at me as he let out this bit of information.

 

"Oh." I said. I mentally slapped myself for my reply. I had to salvage this if I wanted it to be love. "I'm actually heading to the park nearby to take some pictures right now. If you wanted to tag along..." If things go right, he'll want to come with me. I watched as he bit his lip, contemplating.

 

"I'd really like too, but..." , he doesn't see anything in me at all. "I have to go to work right now actually. Are you doing the same thing tomorrow? I'd love to see your pictures." I was pretty sure my jaw had hit the floor. I stood there gaping before I nodded stupidly. He gave me his phone number and told me to send him a message with a time and place and he would join me.

 

We bid our farewells and I swear never before have I walked to the park with such a spring in my step. Oh, this is love. After I took pictures of the children playing on the slides and swings, the flowers lining the paths, and the beautiful trees littered all around, I headed home singing happily in my head about the day's events.

 

I couldn't wait for tomorrow to arrive, to be with...Daehyun. I felt myself smiling stupidly the whole way home, just letting his name roll off my tongue. 

 

Daehyun.

 

------------------------------

I have no idea how long this will be. But here is part one I suppose.