Believe in me.

Not like this.

 

 
The ride to the beach was twenty minutes, by then, it was nightfall and I had already stopped crying. Minho came a little later and we climbed up the tall rope pyramid, lying on the ropes looking at the night sky.
 
"You want to tell him don't you? That this... Bond you got with him?"
 
"He'll be killed by me," I sighed "I can't risk that."
 
"But you really want to tell him about your problems and this curse? I support you."
 
"I don't know..."
 
"Look, if he's here in the next 20 minutes, you will tell him all your problems and let him help you. If not, we sleep here for the night, deal?"
 
I looked at the starless night sky... He won't be able to find me, I thought. "Deal."
 
"Great, then I'm going down now." as he grabbed the ropes and slowly made her way down.
 
"What? Why?"
 
"He's here!"
 
"Huh?"
 
"Look down, my friend." as he bid me goodbye. I understood what she meant when I looked down at that moment, Jonghyun was there still in his school uniform. He saw me and walked toward me, blindly walking past Minho like he was invisible. 
 
“How did you know I was here?” I said. “Minho called you?”
 
“Who’s Minho?” Jonghyun asked.
 
“The guy who just walked past you.”
 
“Did anyone walk past me just now?” His brow furrowed. “I didn’t notice.”
 
“Then how did you know I was here?”
 
“I installed a tracer in your handphone. You know, like those tracers that James Bond uses?”
 
I bit my lip and ignored his pointless remark.
 
“Key, can I tell you something?”
 
I nodded, stunned at his seriousness. He had never bothered to request permission before talking. My eyes were fixed to the ground, my hands toying with the ropes that supported us.
 
“I know it’s one of the hardest things to do in the world…I know, but…” He paused. I shivered. Gosh, he looks really serious when he is not smiling. “Would you…would you believe in me?”
 
“Believe in you?” I twisted my head, almost relieved. “What do you mean?” I was not expecting him to request for something so simple.
 
“Lend me an hour of your time. In this hour, I hope you can believe in everything I say. Would you?”
 
I clenched my fists, thinking hard. I then recalled the deal I had with Minho. “Okay, I believe in you. Now, what do you want to say?”
 
“Tell me about your problems. Key, you’ll not fail if you keep trying.”
 
“No. No one can help—”
 
“Key!” And he did it: He held my hand and cried, “Believe in me!”
 
I shook my head a few times, trying hard to believe him. I will not fail if I keep trying? I had always been trying…but I always failed. I had given up hope on everything, choosing instead to live in my own world.
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
OKAY ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS, DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND  A REALLY GOOD IMAGE?!