Romeo & Juliet

Not like this.

When I got home that early afternoon, Minho was lying in the couch having some sushi.

"How was school?" I shrugged and told him all about Jonghyun.

"So you're going to avoid him for the next years?" he asked me.

"I bet he's going to stick to you."

"I know but I can't hurt him."

"That's right... Don't fall in love with him."

"I'll never! I mean... I..."

"Okay okay, just remember that you can never love him, if you do, you'll harm him."

I thought of my parents. "I know."

~

"Why is it you never smile?" he asked.

I glared at him.

Everyday during lunch, he would pull a chair to my table and sit with me, he would then buy me my favorite drink and start eating like it was the most normal thing in the world, I tried to protest but how could I reject him when he bought me my drink and tried to be nice to me when the rest couldn't be bothered? The bell rang and we headed back to class, most of the time when he whispered to me, I just had to tell him to shut up and it seemed to work rather well.

"This year for this literature class, we'll be doing a remake of Romeo and Juliet and since all are boys here, it would be more of a parody rather than remake. Who will be willing to act as Juliet? Someone who's name that starts with a J?"

Jonghyun's hand immediately shot in the air. "I want to be Juliet!"

The teacher gave him an overlook, "um, perhaps you can be Romeo with more of a guy's build?"

"Okay but on one condition, Kibum plays Juliet."

All the remaining guys breathed a sigh of relief.

That bastard, he just couldn't allow me to study in peace could he.

~

Our class had to act out only the last scene, the part where Romeo kills himself when he sees Juliet "dead".

"You know, I think we should rewrite the script, it's supposed to be 10-15 minutes long and now, it's only 5 minutes, we're not even halfway there. Can everyone gather and discuss ideas?" our class director ordered.

We gathered and brainstormed for a moment but everyone just couldn't come up with a good enough idea, it was frustrating. Then Jonghyun just said "Don't worry about it, trust Key and I, we'll be able to extend it with our acting, won't we Key?"

I didn't really know what he meant by that but I just nodded in agreement see everyone's exhausted faces. I just really hoped he wouldn't come up with some ridiculous idea that would embarrass both of us, he had already dragged me into this stupid play

After school, I questioned him about it.

"What are you doing?!"

"Relax, I just did it for fun. The play would be more realistic if we didn't follow the script. I just thought maybe -"

"NO. You dont understand! I have to follow a script! I don't speak well- I'll say the wrong thing and -" I choked on my own words.

He put his arm around me softly, "Key, please, tell me why you're so scared. Why you're so stuck in your own world. Why won't you open up to me? Please tell me. So I can help you."

"NO. GET AWAY FROM ME. YOU CAN'T HELP ME, NO ONE CAN! I'M GOING TO WITHDRAW FROM THIS STUPID DRAMA AND YOUR FRIEND CAN BE JULIET!"

"Key-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME. I KILLED MY FATHER, MY MOTHER AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE, I'M A MURDERER, A ING KILLER!" I turned and ran for the exit, the moment I got out to the main streets, I hailed for a taxi. Wiping my tears before getting in, thinking of a far far away place to escape to and searching for respite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm sorry for the rather short chapter because school just started and the work is non-stop ><